Cosby Testified He Had Drugs To Give Women For Sex

Comments

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

As we spoke, I recalled that Bill had been her mentor (play father, teacher…something. I couldn’t quite recall what it was).  The question popped into my head.

“Hey, do you mind if I ask you something?”

She looked at me and then asked, “Is it going to make me cry?”

I was a bit taken aback. “Well,” I stammered. “I hope it doesn’t make you cry.”

She smiled. “Go ahead and ask your question.”

“Back in the day,” I started. “I remember that you knew Bill – that he was like your mentor or something. Did he ever…”

Before I finished the sentence, she began to cry.

We spent the next two hours sitting on a bench talking. Through tears, she told me her story. She cursed him for violating both her trust and her body. She cursed herself for not being smarter, and for degrading herself in pursuit of success. I listened patiently. As she began to run out of steam, she turned to me. “Do you believe me?”

“Yes.” I said. “I believe you.”

“Why?” she asked.

“Because I know you can be a bit ditzy, but I don’t believe that you are crazy and only a crazy person would sit with me all this time and share a fantasy.”

I am not sure if our conversation was cathartic for her. I know it was heart-breaking for me.

As I drove home, I battled my emotions.  I felt for my friend, for the violation of her trust, loyalty, and body.  I was angry with Bill.  He had money, fame, and power; he was a walking aphrodisiac!  Why?  I was also angry at myself for falling for the okey-doke, of putting Bill on a pedestal.  Something changed inside me during that drive; call it the last gasp of a mocking bird.

More recently, there were a series of court documents that were unsealed and revealed a dark side to the Cos.  Rather than spending his time bouncing kids on his knee and eating Jell-O brand pudding, this Bill was involved in illegal drugs and illicit sex, fornication, and perhaps more.

I’ve done a lot of thinking over these weeks.  The good Bill has done over the years is real and enduring.  I am not prepared to simply dismiss his brilliance, his wisdom, or his legacy.  You see, all of that is a part of who I am as a man – as a Black man.  I am not going to toss all of that away, at least not yet. It seems to me that one should be able to look with sober eyes and yet hold on to those elements of substance that are both true and comforting.

Over the weekend, Bill turned 78 years old.  It is with all of the love I still have for him and the reverence of one who has idolized him for a lifetime that I offer this plea.

Bill, you have a family who loves you, a wife who is devoted to you; you have more money than you can spend.  Please, go live a quiet country life.  Allow those of us who truly love you to preserve just a bit of our enchantment.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he gonna give back all his Cosby checks?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bruh you in here typin ? tears bout your daddy was a fireman, 37 years, broke his back, etc ---you,aint twllin,,nobody about
    he gonna give back all his Cosby checks?

How do you read all that, and THAT'S your comeback?!?

Yea this is no longer a serious conversation. Its a democrat vs republican don't budge no matter what, frivolous debate

Many will not read that Spoiler from' 'Elvin' , but for those who do, what is your comment to that? He's lying? She's lying? He seems pretty damn logical to me. Another notch on the common sense belt
  • Brother_Five
    shut up, ? baby.
  • S2J
    shut up, ? baby.

'No you shut up!' Wtf

Carry yaself like a man lil nic
  • Brother_Five
    go find a father figure, ma'am.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    go find a father figure, ma'am.

56459432.jpg
  • Brother_Five
    whats up, slime?
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wonder how much he got paid for that 'revelation'
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chicity wrote: »
    Wonder how much he got paid for that 'revelation'

what was the revelation??
    i couldnt get through that heartbreak hissy fit of his..

he did always come off ? to me too..
    now that i think about it..
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That ? just wanted some shine

Has this actress come forward like the rest of them? Did she try and press charges after the alleged incident?
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, if the real reason for Lisa Bonet falling out with Cosby ever came out......
  • S2J
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    That ? just wanted some shine

Has this actress come forward like the rest of them? Did she try and press charges after the alleged incident?

Lmfao Geez
  • S2J
    S2J still in here in his feelings cause real ? know no matter the generation these ? aint ? ..

and ? ELVIN!! he was the worst family member BY FAR!!
    imma start fast forwarding all his parts. lol

go back to the barbershop and talk amongst ur ? friends u ? loser. lol

110376636.gif?1275622969&Expires=1436987930&Signature=XPp5OH-M-avAPkHRGekVIzKDDKJF0Jwx7IysFdLCgS~fJn~VdAj7RGBvkBqzJEQ5P9vzAzm8OkCKi1QcY4VBjM4syKMxOWKAIiFx8~4kMzboowU-0VT6dfrYHj3cB6riVBa5IgkA7zSENwkfAuxUU9VRnLFHaKpx62uoY~CwctY_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    adn5w6.jpg

I hate the internet.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img][/img]FB_IMG_1436461286524.jpg

No one ever heard of quaaludes until last week so they shouldn't be able to understand this reference...

Anybody who's seen Scarface would get it. Try again.
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2015
    Man, if the real reason for Lisa Bonet falling out with Cosby ever came out......

shes married to khal drogo/aquaman now. cosby will get his head cut off and shark thrown at him if its revealed he did something with her
  • Brother_Five
    [img][/img]FB_IMG_1436461286524.jpg

No one ever heard of quaaludes until last week so they shouldn't be able to understand this reference...

Anybody who's seen Scarface would get it. Try again.

When jokes go over cats heads and they respond with feelings...
  • mackanaven
    mackanaven Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    I give them da pudding and then I bonk them.
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So ILL wrote: »
    11225158_10207019682148660_7590307923828449254_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3ddf85393493a1381125327d4ab132aa&oe=56596EEA&__gda__=1444860412_17262bf2a987b6fdb1c5e58126fe7d0d

Man folks is cold-blooded with these memes!!!! DAMN
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all wrong. The guy who said that wasn't "Elvin." It was the guy who played Denise's husband and Olivia's father, Lt. Martin Kendall (I doubt anyone knew his name on the show)

His real name is Joseph C. Phillips. He was on CNN this morning.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »
    Y'all wrong. The guy who said that wasn't "Elvin." It was the guy who played Denise's husband and Olivia's father, Lt. Martin Kendall (I doubt anyone knew his name on the show)

yeh.. he was ? too!!

u seen that pregnant episode??
    he was pregnant the best! hahahaha

? ? ! lol

on a sidenote..
    i always liked Elvin.. how he'd get under Claire's skin wit his misogynistic quips. lol
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mister B. wrote: »

yeh.. he was ? too!!

u seen that pregnant episode??
    he was pregnant the best! hahahaha

? ? ! lol

on a sidenote..
    i always liked Elvin.. how he'd get under Claire's skin wit his misogynistic quips. lol

Goated

https://youtu.be/NpEj00g9CyE