In your opinion: What is a "Draw"?

Options
Peezy_Jenkins
Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
and what do u think vince mc mahon would consider a draw

i was thinking about it and imo the only obvious draw on today's current roster is Cena. Imo there are plenty that can be that but they either havent been given a chance(dolph, dean) or have been booked improperly(orton lately, db) or have been forced too soon and almost ruined(roman)

its hard to see or tell if anyone on the current roster can be that top transcendent guy/pop culture draw like cena, or scsa/rock back in the day, but imo there are quite a few that can fill key complementary roles or even be top wrestling draws like guys ranging from bret and shawn to guys like ? foley or undertaker did back in the day, what yall think

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    A draw is whoever WWE shoves down ya throat
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    u really hate wwe dont u
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As far as attendence i dont think it matters anymore. WWE doesnt sell individual guys as much as they push the brand, guys are replaceable. TV ratings have always been flawed and Network subs are too iffy, PPV buys wasnt totally accurate either because it depended on the story unless it was a huge match (e.g. Cena vs Rock)

Other than that just follow the money. Whoever selling merch is a draw but being able to sell merch and getting people to buy tickets and watch your segments are a bit different.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    u really hate wwe dont u

Nope, I just don't nuthug Cena. Didn't know Cena = the entire WWE.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    no one nuthugs cena, but its pretty obvious he's the main draw and has been for about a decade
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Brock been a bigger draw than Cena for the past year
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Crazy to think Brock is the biggest draw and best booked performer
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    no one nuthugs cena, but its pretty obvious he's the main draw and has been for about a decade
    ? that ? Cena, pause.

i was thinking he would still be a great heel tho.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    this topic came about partly cuz of randomly thinking idk if guys like cesaro would be a draw, due tho not having the look vince wants/thinks will draw, but then again why not give him a chance(its gettin better lately) isnt the "look" subjective? at the least he can play a role like a chris benoit or ? foley imo.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    a502TM2.gif

this is a heel look. im not sure wtf cena thought he was doing

and the way cena wanted to fight rusev when he could barely stand was some heel ?
    its like they wanted the audience to feel sorry for rusev
    the opportunity has passed but it was still interesting to watch
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    thats what i was thinking

like who in the back thought it was a good idea to create sympathy for rusev.

some people been thinking last couple weeks has made dolph look like a lil bit of a heel too
  • DOPEdweebz
    Options
    I had Cena beating up the entire Divas roster for his girl, Nikki, every week until she broke AJs title reign record