Video:Disturbing vid of Gardena,CA pigs killing a Latino man in cold blood after he removes his hat.

Options
13»

Comments

• bgoat
    bgoat Members Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem i have is that the majority of these bad shootings are from prior service vets.

Guys that have had 3-10 rotations overseas and then immediately given a job as a cop.
    What yall dont realize is that ? is the majority of their career in service, 8 years over there with very little down time in between.

When is there counseling to turn the ? switch off?

Even in the military you got rules of engagement, you can't just go around shooting unarmed people. If not, ? would have been shooting everything that moved in Iraq and Afghanistan.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/ricardo-diaz-zeferino-gardena-police-shooting-video
    Lawyers for Diaz-Zeferino said the investigation into the shooting was tainted because officers were able to review the videos before giving statements, a courtesy not offered to a member of the public involved in a shooting.

Attorney Samuel Paz said he may ask federal prosecutors to investigate whether the shooting was a civil rights violation.

"When the public sees the video and other law enforcement agencies see the video, this is very much a criminal act," Paz said.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-gardena-residents-shooting-video-20150715-story.html
    The district attorney’s office declined to file charges against the officers. Deputy Dist. Atty. Rosa Alarcon wrote in a memo about the shooting that Diaz Zeferino’s right hand was no longer visible from the officers’ angle and that it was reasonable for them to believe he was reaching for a weapon.

“They made a split-second decision and they were not required to hold fire in order to ascertain whether Diaz would, in fact, injure or ? them,” she wrote.

Members of a Gardena family attending Tuesday's meeting who asked not to be identified said they hadn’t seen the video but remembered when the shooting occurred. The video’s release is important for police transparency, and the city undermines that when it resists releasing footage, they said.

The council members did not mention the judge’s ruling during their closing remarks at the meeting.

But Gardena Police Chief Ed Medrano approached Kennedy afterward and said the department accepted responsibility for the shooting and that the issue was balancing what they should and shouldn't release to the media and public.

Some Gardena residents are concerned how videos will be released since the city recently purchased police body cameras, he said.

"We haven't struck a balance on that yet, " Medrano said. "We have proper levels of accountability but at the same time we're also protecting their privacy, whether they are victims or witnesses."

He said the videos that recorded the shooting show the camera's viewpoint, not what the officers saw.

"It's not black and white
    ," he said.

350x700px-LL-a1093506_tumblr_m7e6nhXTxj1r5pin2o1_400.gif
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Latino's don't like blacks, so who cares.

Idk if its because i live in spanish harlem but the black and spanish comunity are very much intergrated and it works,blacks and hispanics, so you can eat a ? with you ignorant ass post

Do u even understand spanish?do u live in a spanish speaking house hold. Do u Hear their in-house convos?
    Have u ever been to a spanish speaking country?
    Do u have family in a spanish speaking country?
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That wasn't a justified shooting but it ain't my kind so i don't give a ?
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Latino's don't like blacks, so who cares.

Idk if its because i live in spanish harlem but the black and spanish comunity are very much intergrated and it works,blacks and hispanics, so you can eat a ? with you ignorant ass post

Do u even understand spanish?do u live in a spanish speaking house hold. Do u Hear their in-house convos?
    Have u ever been to a spanish speaking country?
    Do u have family in a spanish speaking country?

Other than have gone to a spanish speaking country

yes

I dont speak but if you been around another language all your life ypu can still understand it
  • God_Yunn
    God_Yunn Members Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i love how yall can speak for all of latinos.. i could go delve deeper but ? it.. there are black Latinos... but thats besides the point.

Black Latinos huh
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    You so called conscious ? are phony...Its so much hatred in your hearts that you lost compassion for innocent people suffering in general..Thats not MAAT

You ninjas are no better than the white and black devils that dish out this unnecessary hatred out here

Just because you have melanin dont mean you a soulful person

Don't blame them that's what society does to people.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I think some of the animosity comes from knowing that there is a concerted effort to run blacks out of southern California by mexicans....thru violent means.

There's this...and also generally even in the latino community nobody really ? likes Mexicans
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? _Yunn wrote: »
    i love how yall can speak for all of latinos.. i could go delve deeper but ? it.. there are black Latinos... but thats besides the point.

Black Latinos huh

what are you confused about.
  • willywanker
    willywanker Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP to that man, wow at some of the ignorant responses in here, it always boils down to race for some of you huh.