How do i make some of my shirts more fashion forward?

robetlndis
robetlndis Members Posts: 1
edited June 2010 in Fashion Forward
..new shirts so how do i make em more fashiony? if thats a word. haha (: Thankssss

Comments

• young chad
    young chad Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    robetlndis wrote: »
    ..new shirts so how do i make em more fashiony? if thats a word. haha (: Thankssss

If you can't figure this out, stick to white tee's
  • shootemwon
    shootemwon Members Posts: 4,635 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    If you mean dress shirts, here's my advice.

Get some spread collars. Enough with the button down oxfords or the pinpoint collars. Spread looks nice. If you're really willing to go the extra mile, get a collar pin and have a tailor put some holes in the collar for it.

Also, if you don't have any, invest in a few shirts with french cuffs (and dont skimp on buying some nice cuff links). Don't go overboard with it though. French cuffs every time is lame in my opinion.

Most importantly, your shirts need to be fitted. Dress shirts that give you a "tent effect" when you tuck them in are a travesty. Likewise, even though you might think it's uncomfortable, make sure the neckhole isn't too loose. You should be able to fit one finger in between the collar and your neck when it's buttoned up. Any more room than that and it will be noticeably too big.

And get creative with your ties. I don't know who decreed that all ties should be silk. Give them shiny ties a rest and get some cotton ties this summer (and linen if you can find them). When winter comes around, you'll want to have one or two wool ties. These give you a classic oldschool look that will set you apart from the rest, but won't make you look outdated in the least. Sadly, non-silk ties are hard to find. J. Crew has some surprisingly affordable cotton ties this summer, and if you wanna go hire end, brooks brothers always has a few ties of great quality in cotton, seersucker, and wool. Ralph Lauren also sells cotton and wool ties, but for the price and style, J Crew seems like a better bet to me.
  • smithdsouza
    smithdsouza Members Posts: 4
    edited June 2010
    Although fashionable shirts definitely make a impression but it also depends how you wear it? Your tuck in should be nice enough to give a smart look, and the gap between your collar and neck should be at least like one of your finger can get in. Tie should be perfectly matching to your shirt. While in offices you must wear simple and not more fashionable shirts otherwise it lokks like that you are not professional and while outside you can also wear t shirts from any of the good brand.