Nuclear War....Let's Talk About It

Arya Tsaddiq
Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
Talk about anything related to nuclear weapons.

Predictions...Questions....whatever.

I'll start off with a question. If at some point in the future, a country is attacked with a nuclear bomb(s), what would be a reasonable and realistic response?

Would the fallout be so bad that it would be difficult to retaliate?

How would the country deal with that casualties and trying to recoup?

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about anything related to nuclear weapons.

Predictions...Questions....whatever.

I'll start off with a question. If at some point in the future, a country is attacked with a nuclear bomb(s), what would be a reasonable and realistic response?

Would the fallout be so bad that it would be difficult to retaliate?

How would the country deal with that casualties and trying to recoup?

It depends on who it is...

If the US is attacked by a nuclear weapon by say a country like Russia or China or vice versa...that's the end of the world. The following exchange of weaponry would prolly render the world uninhabitable.

If India were to attack Pakistan or vice versa they would destroy each other completely and do significant damage to the entire region... hundreds of millions dead easy

Say if Israel were to attack Iran....that would send the Middle East into perpetual warfare until Israel is destroyed or the Middle East has no muslims anymore. Iran would be crippled but Israel would stand alone.

If the US were to be hit by Russia or china I think UK and France would launch off nukes as well in retaliation because of the whole NATO thing not sure though

The real question tho is if ? forbid the US were to get hit with a nuclear attack by a group and not a nation...that would be tricky
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Stiff wrote: »
    Say if Israel were to attack Iran....that would send the Middle East into perpetual warfare until Israel is destroyed or the Middle East has no muslims anymore. Iran would be crippled but Israel would stand alone.
    i don't think Israel would launch a nuclear attack first (if only to maintain plausible deniability). but if they got nuked...
    Stiff wrote: »
    If the US were to be hit by Russia or china I think UK and France would launch off nukes as well in retaliation because of the whole NATO thing not sure though
    IIRC that is correct