T.Y. (BG Son) - Son Of A Gangsta Mixtape

Comments

• genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jee504 wrote: »
    If anything TY does sound like BG but his flow is much slower like how BG got more slower in the recent years.
    BG's earlier flow was much more polished than what TY's is now. Hopefully over time he can grasp that.
    I also don't knock what he did with the mixtape as far as the beats and the hooks. I just look at it like paying homage. The question is after this what type of sound will he have.

Foreal its wild how much nicer B.G. was when he was younger
    sad to say it but he was a better rapper when he was on dat 'boi"
    "True Story" technically a duo album but everything he was droppin from Chopper City
    all the way up to Chopper City In The Ghetto was a classic. Checkmate was cool
    but after that he start goin downhill imo even though i ? with his music after Cash Money...
    like you said he start flowin slower and he aint have that drive no more, young B.G. was a spitter tho
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    The beat from Respect My Mind comes from Juvenile's Soulja Rags Hide Out or Ride Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U31ke7bjqc4

damn aint heard that track in a min, that used to be my ? lol
    Lights Off, Mask On Creep Silent
    Life's gone we don't left yo block quiet
    50 G'z on his head, what the ? did you said?

^ Boosie had flipped that line
  • jee504
    jee504 Members Posts: 6,945 ✭✭✭✭✭
    B.D.P. wrote: »
    If anything TY does sound like BG but his flow is much slower like how BG got more slower in the recent years.
    BG's earlier flow was much more polished than what TY's is now. Hopefully over time he can grasp that.
    I also don't knock what he did with the mixtape as far as the beats and the hooks. I just look at it like paying homage. The question is after this what type of sound will he have.

"True Story" technically a duo album but everything he was droppin from Chopper City
    but after that he start goin downhill imo even though i ? with his music after Cash Money...
    like you said he start flowin slower and he aint have that drive no more, young B.G. was a spitter tho

And BG was featured on a lot of UNLV's albums too.
    Sad to say it but I agree he seemed better when he was on that dope. Smh.

I also think its dope that Curren$y put TY on because I never knew of him until he was featured on those mixtapes a few months back. I'll check for dude just off the strength. I think he'll get better.

• Intelligent_Hoodlum
    yea that was a trill move by Curren$y
    T.Y. got potential, this mixtape was solid and lil bruh def gone get better with time

who u tellin tho, B.G. was slidin ? on "Uptown 4 Life"
    He was the youngest on there but had the best verse on 226

Pocket Full Of Furl
    Black Connection 226

• MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/wdCCaq4BWf8

This song is dope

He is not as lyrical as his father when he was his age but he young & have time to grow

I only heard this song tho. I'm finna check his tape out

Dope
  • jee504
  • jee504
    ^^^ gonna make me go back and watch Baller Blockin
  • nawledge_god
    nawledge_god Members Posts: 5,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2015
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    http://youtu.be/wdCCaq4BWf8

This song is dope

He is not as lyrical as his father when he was his age but he young & have time to grow

I only heard this song tho. I'm finna check his tape out

tumblr_m94cqcvGRG1qlbkes.gif

..."You look 'bout ripe for da' pickins' pleighboi."...

Starship ? Disapproves

screen-shot-2015-02-11-at-11-59-42-am.jpg?w=300&h=300

• mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Umm tape my bad
  • antoseeg
    antoseeg Members Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

The reason he sounds better when he was younger is because he wasn't writing his own rhymes yet. Baby signed him when he was 12. He was doing the UNLV stuff when he was 13 and 14, and Chopper City dropped when he was 15.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T.Y. is solid. That Son Of A Gangsta Vol. 2 should be dropping sometime this year.

I ? with homies music.
  • your flyness
    your flyness Members Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

And BG was featured on a lot of UNLV's albums too.
    Sad to say it but I agree he seemed better when he was on that dope. Smh.

I also think its dope that Curren$y put TY on because I never knew of him until he was featured on those mixtapes a few months back. I'll check for dude just off the strength. I think he'll get better.

Just like Mary J. Blige best album was when she was on Coke
  • jee504
    Round My Way. New track off of Son Of A Gangsta Vol. 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA1bhYCjOqo

• Intelligent_Hoodlum
    antoseeg wrote: »

The reason he sounds better when he was younger is because he wasn't writing his own rhymes yet. Baby signed him when he was 12. He was doing the UNLV stuff when he was 13 and 14, and Chopper City dropped when he was 15.

Wasnt nobody writing his rhymes, that was all him from the jump since he was going by Lil 'Doogie..
  • jee504
    antoseeg wrote: »

Wasnt nobody writing his rhymes, that was all him from the jump since he was going by Lil 'Doogie..

I agree. For me I believe drugs played a huge factor when he was younger and making music then later on that's when his flow slowed down.
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Yea i heard back in 97' he end up in the hospital for o.d. on that ?
    Thats why he missing from a few tracks on the Hot Boys first album "Get It How U Live"...
  • jee504
    Vol. 2 hopefully is dropping soon

CKJj7KnWwAAmj-z.jpg%2Blarge.jpg
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vol. 2 hopefully is dropping soon

CKJj7KnWwAAmj-z.jpg%2Blarge.jpg

Bruh that cover is so MF'n hard...I seen him post that on IG the other day.

Him, Lil Soulja Slim and Young Juve formed a group called Ghetto Children.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be kinda disappointed if I made millions and my son was a rapper.

He he's just average. So ain't like he got the gift. He's young but idk.
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of Juvenile, apparently he performed in Little Rock a couple days ago, performed 4 songs and then just bounced. I didn't go because he was charging way too much but that's just what I heard.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I'll be kinda disappointed if I made millions and my son was a rapper.

He he's just average. So ain't like he got the gift. He's young but idk.

You don't know his situation. His dad was a heroin addict who let Baby rip him off and is now serving 14 years in prison. He's not JoJo Simmons.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    y be disappointed, seem to me like bruh just looked up to his dad, only prollem is bg aint around to directly show him what routes not to take