Food Versus Gains and Health

Options
indyman87
indyman87 Members Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭
Thread for foods that may be detrimintal to gains and health.

Just recently came across an article about bananas which some consider a testosterone booster.

http://www.newsmax.com/Health/Headline/low-testosterone-low-T-virility-sexual-function/2013/05/09/id/503728/

Bananas. Bananas contain the enzyme bromelain, which some studies have found boosts a man's libido. They are also rich in B vitamins, such as riboflavin, which are essential for the manufacturing of testosterone. Pineapples are also rich in bromelain.

However the Article that I came across stats that their research has found that bananas as well as other seedless fruit contains a natural growth hormone to make them grow larger and multiply. This hormone called GA3 was tested in lab rats and was found that it only increases immature sperm and not mature sperm.

Gibberellic acid (also called Gibberellin A3, GA, and GA3) is a hormone found in plants and fungi. Its chemical formula is C19H22O6. When purified, it is a white to pale-yellow solid.
Reduces sperm in lab rats. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4279616/ In our study it was found that GA3 could increase immature sperms. We also found that the number of sperm with damaged chromatin increased significantly compared to that of the control and sham groups. Studies have shown that the percentage of sperms with abnormal chromatin and abnormal DNA is much more noticeable in infertile men than in fertile ones.32 Evenson et al. reported that if DNA-related aberrations were seen in more than 30% of sperms, that person could be considered as infertile.33 In summary, we have demonstrated that GA3 could reduce the fertility in rats by influencing the sperm number, the number of live and immature sperms and DNA integrity of sperm’s chromatin.
Sperm viability assay. This study indicated that in the GA3 groups, the percentage of live sperms on days 30 and 45 decreased and showed a significant (p < 0.05) difference with MA and the control groups

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/science/add_edexcel/cells/mitosisrev2.shtml
http://waynesword.palomar.edu/hybrids1.htm
Close-up view of fleshy, berrylike (baccate) banana fruits. The small black dots inside are the remnants of aborted ovules that did not mature into seeds. Since this fruit develops on a sterile plant without fertilization it is termed parthenocarpic. The following cross shows one plausible origin of the seedless banana:
Like other odd polyploids (with 3 sets of chromosomes), bananas are sterile and seedless because one set of chromosomes (A or B) has no homologous set to pair up with during synapsis of meiosis. Therefore meiosis does not proceed normally, and viable gametes (sex cells) are not produced. Since banana fruits (technically berrylike ripened ovaries) develop without fertilization they are termed parthenocarpic. Without viable seeds, banana plants must be propagated vegetatively (asexually) by planting corms, pieces of corms or sucker sprouts.

Parthenocarpy can be induced by growth hormones such as gibberellic acid (GA3) in which the ovaries mature without fertilization. Grape cultivars such as 'Thompson Seedless' are treated with gibberellic acid to order to produce larger fruits with longer internodes. The bunches have wider spaces between the grapes and better air circulation, reducing their susceptibility to fungal diseases and rotting within the bunch. Contrary to some references, 'Thompson Seedless' grapes are not parthenocarpic because fertilization does occur, but the ovules fail to develop into seeds within the maturing fruit.
In cultivated figs, parthenocarpy generally refers to the development of the ovaries of female flowers within the syconium into drupelets without fertilization. The syconium is the structure that you typically associate with an edible fig fruit; however, it is really a flask-shaped structure lined on the inside with numerous unisexual flowers.

Comments

• its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is confusing as ? , how are bananas detrimental to your health? There's an enzyme in them that's a natural test booster so wouldn't that be a good food to add to your diet if you're trying to gain? Here's a list of foods that are detrimental to your health and gains

Cake
    Donuts
    Cupcakes
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Muffins
    Candy bars
    Pop tarts
    Etc..
  • indyman87
    Options
    Bananas contains no seeds so the only way that they can reproduce is by a Natural growth hormone called GA3. As stated in the article that I posted this hormone was found to increase immature sperm in lab rats. Ideally one would want an increase in Mature sperm cells. But it's up to the reader to decide for themselves as I have noted that some think that bananas are a testosterone booster from the link that I posted.

I personally still don't know what to think but I have to give pause after reading that the brown and black spots on an overly ripe banana are sterile plant ovaries.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thread is confusing as ? , how are bananas detrimental to your health? There's an enzyme in them that's a natural test booster so wouldn't that be a good food to add to your diet if you're trying to gain? Here's a list of foods that are detrimental to your health and gains

Cake
    Donuts
    Cupcakes
    Cookies
    Ice cream
    Muffins
    Candy bars
    Pop tarts
    Etc..

Aka carbs

Keto life
  • indyman87
    Options
    The lack of Oxygen may also be a deterrent to gains. During the Nighttime there is less oxygen in the air because People, Animals, plants and the fish in large bodies of water like Lakes, ponds and Oceans respire Carbon Dioxide. When Carbon Dioxide is respired it dissolves some of the oxygen in the air.

Scientific data shows that the Carbon Dioxide that is produced by People and Animals are not large enough to make a difference in the levels of CO2 but if you are fanatic about getting into good shape it maybe a good idea to take Oxygen drops or maybe a CPAP machine to increase oxygen levels after working out. After lifting weights for a long period of time your body will switch for aerobic respiration to anaerobic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN8J0AJ-SLE

HUMANS AND ANAEROBIC RESPIRATION.
    Even in creatures, such as humans, that depend on aerobic respiration, anaerobic respiration can take place. Most cells are able to switch from aerobic to anaerobic respiration when necessary, but they generally are not able to continue producing energy by this process for very long. For example, a person who exercises vigorously may be burning up glucose faster than oxygen is being pumped to the cells, meaning that cellular respiration cannot take place quickly enough to supply all the energy the body needs. In that case, cells switch over to anaerobic respiration, which results in the production of lactic acid, or C3H6O3. One advantage of anaerobic respiration is that it can take place very quickly and in short bursts, as opposed to aerobic respiration, which is designed for slower and steadier use of muscles. The disadvantage is that anaerobic respiration produces lactic acid, which, when it builds up in muscles that are overworked, causes soreness and may even lead to cramps.

http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/respiration.aspx
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    @indyman87

you seem like a knowledgeable guy.

whats some good foods to eat or like a good workout for an ectomorph (people who struggle to put on weight)
  • indyman87
    Options
    @indyman87

you seem like a knowledgeable guy.

whats some good foods to eat or like a good workout for an ectomorph (people who struggle to put on weight)

That's a tough question. I'm in a similar position like yourself. I have always been skinny and always had a hard time putting on weight. A couple of months about I decided to do something different to gain weight by seeking out growth hormones like colostrum powder and linoleic acid. But I got side track when I discovered the low carb/ketone diet.

So I would say other than increasing the amount of carbs you consume and limit how many times you exercise, lift weights that growth hormones may be the way to go but you should be careful and pay attention to how your body reacts to them. Also if you're a meat eater I would suggest that you try getting a Turkey from the grocery store that's over 16 pounds. I know it sounds strange but almost all of the meat that are found in your local grocery store are female and contain large amounts of estrogen. Organic Turkey's over 16 pounds are male and because they are male they of course do not contain large amounts of estrogen. It costs more but you can bake it an eat on it probably for a couple of weeks along with Organic broccoli, cauliflower, spinach and asparagus-these vegetables are known to give a testosterone boost.

I would also suggest pine pollen and bee pollen supplements (if you're not allergic to pollen), Amino acids, Choline Bitartate. If you like to bake or eat bread I would substitute butter and margarine with Olive oil and Pure Kokum butter and substitute baking soda and baking powder used to leaven cakes, cookies etc.. with Baker's Ammonia. In ancient times Ammonia was actually considered one of the first foods that people had eaten.
  • Millions Knives
    Millions Knives Members Posts: 249 ✭✭
    Options
    DAMN....good read, and even better info! Thanks bruh...imma get a running on obtaining those items asap.