Ohio State QB Shuts Down Fan Who Told Him To Stay Out Of 'Black Lives Matter' Movement...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cardales-jones-osu-black-lives-matter
College Football Playoff National Champion and potential starting quarterback for The Ohio State University Cardale Jones cemented his support of the Black Lives Matter movement on Thursday morning after a fan told him told him to concentrate on football.

Jones — who rose to national prominence after becoming the third starting quarterback for the Buckeyes in 2014 — stopped a fan in his tracks after the fan told the young football player to keep his mind on winning another championship.

Jones replied: "Sorry Mr master, I aints allow to tweet nothing but foolsball stuff I donts want you to think I more than a foots ball playa sir"

#BlackLivesMatter has been gaining allies across the sports world and pop culture since its inception after Trayvon Martin's death in 2012.

The fan, who went by the username @DGus1228, deleted his account shortly thereafter, but not before TPM got a screengrab of the exchange.

348n8fl.jpg

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    *waits for the outrage*

It was funny tho.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    O-H...I-O. #blackexcellence
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farrahkhan (sp?) Had a speech a while back about how black athletes are really viewed. Every now and then, I see a small bit of truth to them just being bodies for the field.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You dont see nothing wrong with this ? talking about having poor grades and he only in school to play sports?
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1CK1S wrote: »
    CardaleJonesTweet_ekajuji7_amyxpxw4.jpg
    girls_chemistry_1.jpg
    cardale-jones-tweets.jpg

All these tweets got him into various degrees of sh-t...just during the past yr
    I mean they harmless to me, but of course the media hawking every Black player

He gets props for the tweet in the O/P....but he's doing a little bit too much with all that other ? .

Just a matter of time before he goes too far.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted his account like a ? coward
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/cardales-jones-osu-black-lives-matter
    College Football Playoff National Champion and potential starting quarterback for The Ohio State University Cardale Jones cemented his support of the Black Lives Matter movement on Thursday morning after a fan told him told him to concentrate on football.

Jones — who rose to national prominence after becoming the third starting quarterback for the Buckeyes in 2014 — stopped a fan in his tracks after the fan told the young football player to keep his mind on winning another championship.

Jones replied: "Sorry Mr master, I aints allow to tweet nothing but foolsball stuff I donts want you to think I more than a foots ball playa sir"

#BlackLivesMatter has been gaining allies across the sports world and pop culture since its inception after Trayvon Martin's death in 2012.

The fan, who went by the username @DGus1228, deleted his account shortly thereafter, but not before TPM got a screengrab of the exchange.

348n8fl.jpg

Too bad Doc Rivers didn't go this when Donald Sterling got outed. Props to this player.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    1CK1S wrote: »
    CardaleJonesTweet_ekajuji7_amyxpxw4.jpg
    girls_chemistry_1.jpg
    cardale-jones-tweets.jpg

All these tweets got him into various degrees of sh-t...just during the past yr
    I mean they harmless to me, but of course the media hawking every Black player

He admitted the first tweet from 2012 was stupid during their run last season. The other ? is just dumb ? any college kid jokes about
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with his tweets he keott it all the way hunnid on what he felt
  • AfrikGoddess
    AfrikGoddess Members Posts: 55
    Black men are usually only needed for their bodies by whites; sports for white men, and sex for white women. Its good this brother has a conscious.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    You dont see nothing wrong with this ? talking about having poor grades and he only in school to play sports?

Nope found it funny and ironic cause that's all the NCAA care about too
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »

Actually I don't see nothing wrong with it. Its a fact most of these kids only there because its a requirement for them make it to NFL in Jones' case. If these kids could not play college ball and workout and hone their craft for 3 years after they graduated high school and still be drafted they would do exactly that. But the ? doesn't work that way. If they don't want that so called "education" that is on them. They have that choice to say ? it but they also have to live with that choice.

What I do have a problem with though is later on in life when their NFL career is over, they were a bust or never made the league they get on tv and complain about how the school used them and they didn't learn anything. That ? is their fault and nobody else's. They chose to say ? class and study and major in their sport of choice. Live with the consequences of your decision. If anybody should share just a tad bit of the blame for these kids not using classes for learning something its their parents.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SAS cosigned him, just to let y'all know...
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The #BlackLivesMatter movement is sloppy as hell. And SMH at people co-signing athletes disregarding education. That's exactly what the powers that be want. Dumb millions who won't use their money/influence correctly, but instead on groupies/materialism.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go green though Spartans we in here