Options
1235»

Comments

• willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »
    When it rains it pours for Hogan Jesus man....

These ol' school dudes from the 70's-80's are so ? racist. I don't think Hogan is going to recover from this image wise.

The majority of wrestling fans are rednecks and they're also forgetfulas ? .

They are the same ones who welcomed back
    a wife beater (Stone Cold) and a homophobic racist (Warrior) with open arms. A racist homophobe who unlike Hogan has insane rants that are easy to find online at that.

Also I really don't see WWE brush off the guy who sold the most merchandise and damn near would show up in every single Wrestlemania highlight package they put out permanently somehow. Especially when the McMahons themselves and HHH are racist & conniving as ? behind the scenes. So were guys like Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels who are consistently celebrated by the WWE Universe.

With that said like Bill Cosby before him any respect and admiration I had for Hulk Hogan the public persona is now dead thanks to what a ? Terry Bollea the man really is. In both cases it was kinda devastating as a kid from the 80's who grew up knowing both as stand up dudes but as usual the truth is far more sinister.

Do I think it's possible that he could genuinely change and ? ? well anybody can. There have been genuinely reformed racists before and not just white ones. But I will always side eye the guy and not ? with him going forward.

I also I know that we're not here to judge but at the same time if ignorant people like Bollea could judge all the time they deserve any stones that are cast towards them.

Well spoken post. I have to agree with you on that they make up the majority of the wrestling audience so I wouldn't be surprised. Tbh, I almost really forgot how much of a dirt bag the Ultimate Warrior was until I was listening to the Solomonster Speaks podcast and he bought up the subject how much of a racist the Ultimate Warrior was while he was living. I never cared about the Ultimate Warrior growing up as a kid like I did watching Hogan because Warrior was basically Hogan 2.0 with face paint. I think WWE got it right the first time with that first DVD they put out of him in 10 years ago and his peers showing how much an ass he was. I find it crazy that he was allowed to go into universities and go on racist/homophobic rants.

Vince McMahon imo though, is a weird but still a different kind of racist. What I mean by that is, as long as he think he can make a dollar out of you he'll hire/tolerate you as long as the $$$ is coming in "All about the Money" (in Vince's voice) he's even an bigger racist than Hogan because for years look at the stereotypical/racist as gimmicks he's signed off on and even calling folks "? " on live tv. He even had the audacity to put a statue in his honor at last year's HOF. HHH, HBK, & Flair I'm not surprised either because either their BS is documented or exposed. Especially with HHH/Booker T segment in '03.

It's ? up Hogan getting the "Benoit Treatment" but he bought it on himself and unfortunately just like it's "? Cosby", the more racist dirt that comes out on Hogan it's also like "? Hogan" as well. The only thing that I feel like isn't being focused on in the Hogan scandal and deserves spotlight on is WWE's racist track record and history because it should be put into play and is justified.
  • willhustle
    Options
    What I'm really interested in is The Rock's response in this matter we know he's in Hollywood doing big time things but why hasn't he responded to the alleged comments Hogan made about (I think they are true anyways)
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was said that those comments were made up.

He actually tweeted to sam roberts and whoo kid and them that he hoped it wasn't true and I read on a couple of forums that it was a complete fabrication.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    When it rains it pours for Hogan Jesus man....

These ol' school dudes from the 70's-80's are so ? racist. I don't think Hogan is going to recover from this image wise.

The majority of wrestling fans are rednecks and they're also forgetfulas ? .

They are the same ones who welcomed back
    a wife beater (Stone Cold) and a homophobic racist (Warrior) with open arms. A racist homophobe who unlike Hogan has insane rants that are easy to find online at that.

Also I really don't see WWE brush off the guy who sold the most merchandise and damn near would show up in every single Wrestlemania highlight package they put out permanently somehow. Especially when the McMahons themselves and HHH are racist & conniving as ? behind the scenes. So were guys like Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels who are consistently celebrated by the WWE Universe.

With that said like Bill Cosby before him any respect and admiration I had for Hulk Hogan the public persona is now dead thanks to what a ? Terry Bollea the man really is. In both cases it was kinda devastating as a kid from the 80's who grew up knowing both as stand up dudes but as usual the truth is far more sinister.

Do I think it's possible that he could genuinely change and ? ? well anybody can. There have been genuinely reformed racists before and not just white ones. But I will always side eye the guy and not ? with him going forward.

I also I know that we're not here to judge but at the same time if ignorant people like Bollea could judge all the time they deserve any stones that are cast towards them.

Well spoken post. I have to agree with you on that they make up the majority of the wrestling audience so I wouldn't be surprised. Tbh, I almost really forgot how much of a dirt bag the Ultimate Warrior was until I was listening to the Solomonster Speaks podcast and he bought up the subject how much of a racist the Ultimate Warrior was while he was living. I never cared about the Ultimate Warrior growing up as a kid like I did watching Hogan because Warrior was basically Hogan 2.0 with face paint. I think WWE got it right the first time with that first DVD they put out of him in 10 years ago and his peers showing how much an ass he was. I find it crazy that he was allowed to go into universities and go on racist/homophobic rants.

Vince McMahon imo though, is a weird but still a different kind of racist. What I mean by that is, as long as he think he can make a dollar out of you he'll hire/tolerate you as long as the $$$ is coming in "All about the Money" (in Vince's voice) he's even an bigger racist than Hogan because for years look at the stereotypical/racist as gimmicks he's signed off on and even calling folks "? " on live tv. He even had the audacity to put a statue in his honor at last year's HOF. HHH, HBK, & Flair I'm not surprised either because either their BS is documented or exposed. Especially with HHH/Booker T segment in '03.

It's ? up Hogan getting the "Benoit Treatment" but he bought it on himself and unfortunately just like it's "? Cosby", the more racist dirt that comes out on Hogan it's also like "? Hogan" as well. The only thing that I feel like isn't being focused on in the Hogan scandal and deserves spotlight on is WWE's racist track record and history because it should be put into play and is justified.

See about the bold: I felt that DVD was wrong cause it was the ? calling the kettle black 9 times outta 10.

You look at the clowns who buried him and go "really? like you were some saint". Also the fact that the main complaint was that he was cutthroat in a cutthroat business was pure comedy like: "no ? !"

I was old enough to separate the character from the man. I always felt that even though Jim Hellwig was a ? it was wrong to drag the Warrior character and what he represented especially for my generation to not be in the HOF. For the simple fact that they have pure pieces of filth like Harley Race and Ole Anderson in there so stop being so ? hypocritical.

This dude had a massive impact and helped them cement themselves further in the mainstream in his prime. You can't ignore a legacy like that and R.I.P. to him cause he supposedly at least tried to make ammends with his darker side towards his death before the WWE reconcilliation. Maybe he did know that he was in bad shape and wanted to score more brownie points with the keepers of the afterlife but regardless out of respect for his kids at least I at least could say that.

I also feel that Hogan still belongs in there for similar reasons even though I agree with his firing and won't ? with him going forward. 65% of the entrants in that ? and I say this as someone who's a Macho Man stan I've heard stories of racism from him too and since he was a jew I believe em; but the majority of the people in there were all racist, misogynistic and homophobic carnys. I enjoy some of their contributions to the business (like Stone Cold) but I'm objective enough to call a ? a ? .

So going all "Benoit" on him is pretty extreme because it's not like we all don't know his legacy and credentials and 85% of that ? (be it AWA, WCW or WWF) is housed under Titan Sports legally.

On a mainstream level I do think this is re-opening the awkward can of worms apologists always like to close. Which is the prevelant and inherent racism found in that industry. Look at this article for example. Funny thing is they use one of the more lightweight Vince McMahon racist stories.

http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/07/wwe-racism/

I also do find it funny that when Hogan is suing a media institution for hundreds of millions all his air gets aired out. Just like when Cos started questioning the puppet masters. When they really want to get you they're gonna get you. That's why you need to agree to having dirt before joining their ? agendas.\

To me the saddest part of this which is also kinda funny is that for the first time in decades I was ready to spend money on not 1 but 2 upcoming WWE live events as late as a week ago. Summerslam 2015 cause it's in NY and would be the first time I see Hogan (Ha!) at an SS since I was a kid. Plus Lesnar Vs. Taker 2.

As well as Wrestlemania since I was gonna visit my cousin (an old school wrestling fan) in Texas around that time and for the potential of Lesnar, Taker, The Rock, Sting, Hogan, Michaels etc. all under one massive roof in a new attendance record setting arena but nah I'm officially off that sentiment. I will continue to not give these people any of my hard earned cash.
  • sobek
    sobek Members Posts: 5,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.complex.com/sports/2015/07/wwe-racism/wwe-new-generation
    Ahmed Johnson was a stiff hard hitter during the New Generation era, and he was also the first black Intercontinental Champion in history. And apparently, some racist scumbag in the locker room wanted him to know it; Ahmed said in an interview that he had “Congratulations N*gger!” keyed into the side of his car, and he had a toy monkey with a noose around its neck planted in his locker area. Ahmed says a witness told him it was Steve Austin who keyed the car. And although no one can corroborate that, Austin doesn’t have the rosiest racial history himself. His ex-wife Debra, whom Austin beat several times, claimed that Austin wanted her to change the TV channel whenever there were black people on.

1236.gif
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    didnt he say he almost offed himself in his Doc someone check up on ol boy dude might go through it this time
  • sobek
    Options
    More of Hogan saying ? , this time during a phone conversation with his son in jail

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/video.html
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta white folks are hurt that Hulkamania is no longer running wild.

They're on FB saying "he said it years ago! get over it! stop getting your feelings hurt!" etc..

They mad, bro.
  • sobek
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »

They're on FB saying "he said it years ago! get over it! stop getting your feelings hurt!" etc..

They mad, bro.

And then turn right around and call Bill Cosby a scumbag ? even though there's no physical evidence and most of the allegations were decades ago.

Remember kids, melanin makes the difference!

e7U7-Llrkcw.jpg
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bay News 9 today uncovered more racially charged language from Hulk Hogan during a jailhouse conversation in 2008 with son Nick. Nick was serving an eight month sentence following a car accident that left his friend, John Graziano, seriously injured and requiring 24-hour-a-day care for the rest of his life.

Hogan was trying to talk street with Nick, and called him "n---a," noting that it meant that Nick was his "best friend." However, things took a turn for the worse when he started to talk about returning in another life.

"You know that ? gave you this vibe and this, this, energy that you and I are going to live forever, bro," Hogan said. "I just hope we don't come back as a couple, I don't want to say it, blizz-ack gizz-uys, you know what I'm saying?"

You can check out the conversation below, or listen to it at baynews9.com by clicking here:

Hulk: "You and me been sitting on some serious phone, phone dialogue here n---a."

Nick: "Yeah, nibb-ah."

Hulk: "N---a, n---a, that means, that means you (are) my best friend."

Hulk: "You know that ? gave you this vibe and this, this, energy that you and I are going to live forever, bro. I just hope we don't come back as a couple, I don't want to say it, blizz-ack gizz-uys, you know what I'm saying?"

Nick: "Brutal" [Nick and Hulk laugh]

Nick: "It's down in St. Pete and it's mixed-race and we get along with everybody, so that's fine."

Hulk: "Your mom went there and said it was mainly blizz, you know what I'm sizz-aying?"

Nick: "Mm-hm."

Hulk: "And that some of the ladies there that, you know, run the school are nice blizz lizz-adies, you know?"

Nick: "Mm-hm.... I would go down there, I would make friends with all those kids down there. I guarantee it. Because you know how all the blizz pizz love us."

As noted, Hogan also used the term in 2012 when discussing the infamous promo that Booker T cut on him in WCW during an interview with Whoo Kid on Shade 45. Hogan talked about people calling him the "N word," and said that he started saying it, before noting that he "always said it."
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

They mad, bro.

same ? them cacs be on with the confederate flag and other racial ? despite the evidence right in from of them, "it was years ago, get over it and move on"
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    that phone convo was brutal shouldve just said the damn words
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://youtu.be/4jQ29v5lMGs

Justin LaBar talks with Big Nasty who is a wrestling talking head who is black. It gives good insight if you listen.
  • Broddie
    edited July 2015
    Options
    sobek wrote: »

They mad, bro.

And then turn right around and call Bill Cosby a scumbag ? even though there's no physical evidence and most of the allegations were decades ago.

e7U7-Llrkcw.jpg

But Bill Cosby is a scumbag ? by his own admission just like how Hogan is a repugnant admitted racist.

You can't turn around and learn that someone once basically said "Yeah I date ? women" and then try to give them a pass.

Personally I think both are trash and lost all respect I had for both since the 80's. It's not a color issue as much as it is one of being a ? human being.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Rock finally spoke about this ? .

http://deadline.com/2015/07/dwayne-johnson-responds-hulk-hogan-racist-comments-1201488181/
    “I was pretty disappointed with what I heard.”

“I’ve known Terry for years,” Johnson said via satellite. “My dad help trained him in Florida in the 1970s, and even my uncle. I come from a long line of professional wrestlers. I didn’t know him (Bollea) to be a racist. It’s one of those things where it’s not definite in terms of what he said. We’ve all talked trash. He said what he said, and he’s paying the price.”

SMH he basically softballed that ? .
  • willhustle
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »

http://deadline.com/2015/07/dwayne-johnson-responds-hulk-hogan-racist-comments-1201488181/

“I’ve known Terry for years,” Johnson said via satellite. “My dad help trained him in Florida in the 1970s, and even my uncle. I come from a long line of professional wrestlers. I didn’t know him (Bollea) to be a racist. It’s one of those things where it’s not definite in terms of what he said. We’ve all talked trash. He said what he said, and he’s paying the price.”

I knew it was gone happen anyways The Rock can't really go all out like he want to because he making that Hollywood $$$. We all know that Hollywood blackballs people out the industry for crazy reasons.
  • sobek
    Options
    sobek wrote: »

They mad, bro.

e7U7-Llrkcw.jpg

But Bill Cosby is a scumbag ? by his own admission just like how Hogan is a repugnant admitted racist.

You can't turn around and learn that someone once basically said "Yeah I date ? women" and then try to give them a pass.

Personally I think both are trash and lost all respect I had for both since the 80's. It's not a color issue as much as it is one of being a ? human being.

I agree completely. But I'm not giving him a pass by any means though. I just find it funny that white's that support racist ? from Hogan like to use the "past" as a means to dismiss what's already been established as an undeniable fact when they won't use that same skewed sense of logic when it applies to someone like Cosby.

Hulk Hogan admitted to using racial slurs in the past, but isn't racist to some because it was in the past

Bill Cosby admitted to using ? drugs on women in the past, but would likely still be considered a ? by most of those same Hogan defenders even though it was in the past as well.

Obviously ? is unquestionably a much higher offense, but they're using flawed logic that they normally wouldn't use at all when it involves someone black. Then again, those are probably some of the same people who still think Benoit deserves the HOF and Kevin Sullivan was the real killer.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Delphas wrote: »

I knew it was gone happen anyways The Rock can't really go all out like he want to because he making that Hollywood $$$. We all know that Hollywood blackballs people out the industry for crazy reasons.

The Rock barely identifies as being Black. I think he really doesnt care about this ? but being the most prominent black wrestler ever he had to say something. He definitely chose His words carefully too
  • dalyricalbandit
    Options
    Damn Called him Terry not Hulk or Hogan but Terry