NYPD pigs assault East Harlem shop owner as he's trying to close up his store..

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKPnnzcH62g
Police officers from the NYPD's 25th precinct in East Harlem New York over heard an argument between a shop keeper and a patron. When they approached the shop keeper and asked for his ID, the man informed them that he would provide his identification as soon as he finished closing up his shop. While on his way to close the last section of his store, after closing the first section, the shop keeper was grabbed by one of the NYPD officers. When he resisted the officer's attempt to restrain him, another officer can be seen arriving on the scene, immediately grabbing the man by the head, and dragging him down to the ground. Once on the ground, the man was engaged by 7 officers attempting to handcuff the suspect. As the growing crowd began to verbally protest to the man's apparent assault, an unidentified officer can be seen grabbing his pepper spray, aiming it at the crowd, and threatening to use it on the non-combative audience. The man is quickly hurled into a waiting police cruiser and driven to the precinct.

Comments

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those undercovers stay wearing those bummy-ass Jets jerseys. It's such a dead giveaway.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't even care to watch the video. I know I'm tired of hearing about these cowardly ass cops either brutalizing or murdering folks.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is the law pertaining to defending yourself against a cop?

cause it appears these ? can just grab you for any/no reason and if you defend yourself they scream resisting arrest or assaulting an officer
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We killing cops yet or nuh?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We killing cops yet or nuh?

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

cause it appears these ? can just grab you for any/no reason and if you defend yourself they scream resisting arrest or assaulting an officer

Huh? Lls I haven't watched the vid but you will NEVER, EVER. ...EVER win this battle. My fear is more of us will start to think like this and basically start going on kamikaze missions.

And Im fully prepared for ? to not get it and 'oh oh, so u blaming the,victims! U saying we just let them ? us!!'. Whatever
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »

Huh? Lls I haven't watched the vid but you will NEVER, EVER. ...EVER win this battle. My fear is more of us will start to think like this and basically start going on kamikaze missions.

And Im fully prepared for ? to not get it and 'oh oh, so u blaming the,victims! U saying we just let them ? us!!'. Whatever

So throw options out there. Just don't down this mans. What is your alternative?
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So thats 1 business owner and 0 criminals arrested by 7 police Thugs

Is my math correct?
  • Copper
    Options

I hear you, but I was talking from a legal standpoint mainly
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its over for u ? ... ? dont get it.
    There's gonna b more Sandras, more Sams etc etc etc
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    video taping... marching... time for something else...
  • phukkyou2
    phukkyou2 Members Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    video taping... marching... time for something else...

I agree Brotha Five
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    The sad truth and only silver lining is that at least he's still alive.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We're searching for laws, meanwhile they are law-enforcement. Ok?

So Its a lot of uncomfortable truths to swallow if we want to deal with this from a self preservation pov. And quite frankly i don't have the confidence in the IC to speak on it here

Oh, irl? Yea, we speak on it. On the IC I dont have the confidence in the avg poster to be able to separate the guilt of the oppressor from the best course of action for the potential victim. Bc all people hear is 'oh u supportin them! ' so ? it, keep buckin at cops. Keep assuming they 'cant touch you'. Let them with ears hear
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So Its a lot of uncomfortable truths to swallow if we want to deal with this from a self preservation pov. And quite frankly i don't have the confidence in the IC to speak on it here

Oh, irl? Yea, we speak on it. On the IC I dont have the confidence in the avg poster to be able to separate the guilt of the oppressor from the best course of action for the potential victim. Bc all people hear is 'oh u supportin them! ' so ? it, keep buckin at cops. Keep assuming they 'cant touch you'. Let them with ears hear

You gonna answer that mans question or nah?
  • Copper
    Options

rckstr_zpsrmqmjmva.gif
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    tired of these damn cops
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I ain't gon lie, it's time to start instilling fear. Nothing gets a muthafucka in order like fear.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    I ain't gon lie, it's time to start instilling fear. Nothing gets a muthafucka in order like fear.

See how it works on the general population. That's the thing, they have people scared to fight back because of the consequences. If the possibility of you dying exists, you better fight back as long as your have breath in your body.
  • h8rhurta
    h8rhurta Members Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There is none. You have to comply or you're at fault unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the officer is wrong. You're guilty until you can prove innocence.

That's the catch 22 they use to get the charges and the courts and DA's don't aggressively pursue officers are question their honesty, methods, or versions. You see a camera can show the officer dead wrong, but it means nothing. It's all based on interpretation of the law and 'fear'.....not your fear, but the officer's fear.
  • TheRealness91
    TheRealness91 Members Posts: 155 ✭✭
    Options
    Cops high on authority as usual.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You & your 4th grade education need to go elsewhere
  • Copper
    Options
    h8rhurta wrote: »

There is none. You have to comply or you're at fault unless you can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the officer is wrong. You're guilty until you can prove innocence.

That's the catch 22 they use to get the charges and the courts and DA's don't aggressively pursue officers are question their honesty, methods, or versions. You see a camera can show the officer dead wrong, but it means nothing. It's all based on interpretation of the law and 'fear'.....not your fear, but the officer's fear.

Bolded for emphasis

People always speak about the officers right to use deadly force for a fear of something he suspect MIGHT happen. even if that fear is proven to be baseless its still considered justifiable.

But as a citizen you can never argue fear of a cop even if your a woman getting pulled over on an isolated road with nobody in sight