"His Life Matters" Police Propaganda going viral...

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiA8Mj1fd5M

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/29766871/cincinnati-police-photo-indicates-all-lives-matter
Cincinnati police in "lives matter" Facebook photo are shocked it went viral

The Cincinnati Police Department is weighing in on a national and local 'lives matter' debate by posting a picture to their Facebook page that indicates all lives matter.

Set up with the title "From CPD......", the picture shows a white sergeant and an African-American sergeant holding up the palm of their hands with the words written in purple marker: "His life matters" and an arrow pointing at the other.

The Tuesday night posting has been "liked" more than 8,100 times, shared at least 4,526 times and drawn 235 comments, mostly positive.

"Stay safe, Gentlemen and Ladies," posted Jodi Tombragel. "We are grateful you are protecting us."

"Put this on billboards and bus stop signs with the caption 'All lives matter!!!!'" posted Nancy Marsh. "Bless all our officers and first responders and service men who serve and protect and come to our aid."

The two sergeants in the picture, James Perkins and Terrence Sherman, appeared Friday on FOX19 NOW Morning News.

They said the picture was snapped and posted in a spontaneous moment meant only for their Facebook friends. They never realized it would go viral.

"We were discussing basically the political climate of this country, the vibe that's created in this country and we decided to take a picture," Perkins said. "I think different people have different interpretations about what the picture means to them. I think it was basically a picture of solidarity of two friends that was intended for our Facebook family."

Other police across the country, including ones in Memphis, Tennessee, are posting similar pictures.

But Cincinnati police's Facebook photo humanizes police officers amid all this discussion. That is something often forgotten in today's broad and, at times, unfair generalizations of law enforcement, particularly in light of police-involved killings in Ferguson, Baltimore, North Charleston and the Sam DuBose shooting.

Friends for a decade, Perkins and Sherman previously worked together for the now-disbanded Lincoln Heights Police Department.

"We have a lot in common and we get along pretty good," Sherman said.

"I value his life, he values my life," Perkins said.

After the men appeared on FOX19 NOW, the police department posted another Facebook message about the 'lives matter' photo.

"This morning, Sgts James Perkins and Terrence Sherman were on @FOX19 to explain their "lives matter" photo originally posted a few days ago," the posting states. "The purpose was to share that "He values my life. I value his life," said Sgt. James Perkins pictured on the left. CPD recognizes that All Lives Matter."

The words they wrote on their hands are very real to each other and especially poignant after the June 19 brutal, ambush killing of Officer Sonny Kim, the first Cincinnati officer to die in the line of duty in 15 years.

And though Kim's death hit Cincinnati police hard, they are not missing a beat in protecting and serving their communities, the men stressed.

"It's business as usual," Sherman said. "It's something we are sworn to do and we try to do the best at that. We are people like they are, we have feelings, we have families that we like to go home to and none of us as coming to work thinking that anything tragic will happen."

Perkins added: "I would have to say that we aren't villains to the community. We are here to protect them. We are here to protect their property. We are just here to be at service to them and what's what we want them to know."

In recent years, police like Sherman and Perkins say they feel social media is at times the only way they can get the real story out about law enforcement.

"Police officers sometimes feel like we are the villain and we feel our only outlet is social media," Perkins said. "We want to get our message across we are not villains."

Black Lives Matter Cincinnati rallies were held here in recent weeks following the shooting death of DuBose, an unarmed black motorist stopped by a white University of Cincinnati police officer for not having a front license plate.

The officer, Ray Tensing, 25, shot DuBose in the head in a deliberate act of murder, according to Hamilton County Prosecutor Joe Deters, and was indicted on charges of murder and voluntary manslaughter. The traffic stop and shooting was captured on Tensing's body camera.

Nationally, the Black Lives Matter movement first emerged after the acquittal of George Zimmerman, who is white, in the 2012 shooting death of black teenager Trayvon Martin. It became part of the national discussion on police brutality again last summer when a white Ferguson Police Officer Darren White shot and killed Michael Brown, who was black. There also is a hashtag #BlackLivesMatter

But a hashtag #AllLivesMatter also has developed and indicates fatal encounters between police and suspects doesn't always involve a white officer killing a black man or woman.

Critics of the #AllLivesMatter movement, however, dismiss it as an attempt to remove race from the police brutality discussion.

And not all of the those commenting on Cincinnati police's Facebook page agreed with their post.

However, not all of the commenters immediately agreed with the post.

"To ME this photo clearly says 'Police Lives Matter,' " Sonya E. Covington, wrote on their page. "Get out in the community, take photos with the minority, mentally ill, less fortunate, under-educated, the struggling, and so on and then say the same thing. #AllLivesMatter I'll wait ..."

Cincinnati police responded: " "Sonya, we are sorry that you view life through this filter. This picture was simply meant for everyone and to show that we hold value to all life equally. We are out in the community every day 24 hours a day."

20p4mqb.jpg

Oh my ? .. I can't believe this.. Pigs think that their follow pigs lives matter.. even the lives of ones who happen to be ? too.. I'm shocked.. But I am surprised this is going viral.. People should've always known pigs care about one another.. They show all time when they lie in police reports to protect one another.. or when one pig will shoot an unarmed black man.. And all the other pigs there at the scene will lie and say was going/reaching for gun.. This is nothing more but another extension of that #PigsLivesMatter propaganda ? ...

Comments

• stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvolMRc3EP4

Cops: Black Lives Aren't The Issue, Fat Lives Are
    Two Texas cops recently became conservative folk heroes by posting a video to Facebook with their palms extended and “His Life Matters” written on them. They lamented the persecution they go through for being fat, and went on to say that #BlackLivesMatter is equivalent to the KKK. Cenk Uygur, host of the The Young Turks, breaks it down.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    It don't even matter at this point. "Black Lives Matter" has been co opted by whites
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
  • FulaniQueen
    FulaniQueen Members Posts: 30
    His life does matter. In the black community its time for us to let go of our egos, and accept some responsibility. Because at the end of the day being a police officer is really just a job. I was talking to a friend of mine once who is a Morehouse College graduate, turned attorney who have worked being a defense attorney in a major metropolitan city. And the things he tells me about young black men just going to jail for senseless things is just crazy. He's told me stories of him getting dudes off, only to be reprehended by his white co-workers for trying to help the young black men he come across in the justice system. Yet, those same young men whom he get out of prison one or two months later he finds them dead in the morgue report, and this happens over and over.

Yes, the system in against us as black people. Yes, governments have always used police officers to handle their duties of oppression on the local populations, this happened in the Jim Crow era, it happened in apartheid South Africa, it still happens today. But just watching some of these videos of young black men and black women and their dealings with the police... its like why would you react the way you did... You should know white people already have a fear of blackness, matter of fact all non-black people fear black people (Asians, Hispanics, Arabs, Indian etc), its in the cells of their DNA.

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question asked:
    But just watching some of these videos of young black men and black women and their dealings with the police... its like why would you react the way you did

Question answered
    the system in against us as black people. Yes, governments have always used police officers to handle their duties of oppression on the local populations, this happened in the Jim Crow era, it happened in apartheid South Africa, it still happens today.

Welcome back tho
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CoonLivesMatter
  • kingtob330
    kingtob330 Members Posts: 418 ✭✭✭✭
    ? them muthafuckas
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the good thing is that they are stupid as ? . this will help curtail their power. more ppl are realizing that these folks are unprofessional and should not be carrying guns even if they shoot negores more often...
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the good thing is that they are stupid as ? . this will help curtail their power. more ppl are realizing that these folks are unprofessional and should not be carrying guns even if they shoot negores more often...

We can only hope.

It's disgusting though. I am more furious to see Blacks involved with this BS. Some of us are so out touch it's insane. Even if, you don't 100% agree with how we as a people are moving, you cannot be 100% with how the cops are moving either. So, stay neutral and let them engage in these diversion tactics.

• Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not reading all that ? , all GOOD PEOPLES lives matter black or white cop or no cop.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvolMRc3EP4

Cops: Black Lives Aren't The Issue, Fat Lives Are
    Two Texas cops recently became conservative folk heroes by posting a video to Facebook with their palms extended and “His Life Matters” written on them. They lamented the persecution they go through for being fat, and went on to say that #BlackLivesMatter is equivalent to the KKK. Cenk Uygur, host of the The Young Turks, breaks it down.

Cenk the realest ? on the internet
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All those poor unarmed police getting killed outchea by trigger happy citizens
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole hashtag thing was pushed by George Soros. Black people can't allow a whole movement to be defined by a damn slogan. The same thing happened with #OWS
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Make sure you get a overweight black cop in the picture."
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    so if those black cops didnt have a uniform on...would their lives matter as much
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? 'em

Cuz if I recall no one was ever campaigning saying their lives didn't matter.

• The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do you get so fat as a Sargent