• harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    I remember it just like yesterday
  • Dave2one6
    Dave2one6 Members Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looking back at the telethon, Myers recalled feeling surprised and uncomfortable. He said he wanted to do the telethon because he, too, felt "ironically, that if this was white people on roofs, the army would be there in five seconds." When one of the show's producers told him he would be working with Kanye West, Myers recalled not being familiar with the rapper's work. "And then he said he was going to take some liberties with the thing." Myers said he didn't know that the liberty would be "calling out" Bush.

Myers told the interviewer, "I don't mind answering the question [about Kanye] but the emphasis of it being that I'm the guy next to the guy who spoke a truth." Moreover, Myers said, "To have the emphasis on the look on my face versus the fact that somebody spoke truth to power at a time when somebody needed to speak? I'm very proud to have been next to him."
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/mike-myers-supports-kanye-wests-katrina-statement-years-later-20140522
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best Kanye album imo

By Far
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Kanye at his best
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed this is one of ye's best albums sonically.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good album. The only problem is that this good album followed a GREAT album. CD was one of the best rap albums ever and I was guilty of expecting another perfect record.

LR was very good but coming directly after CD my expectations were too high. Still a very good album though
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard the beat and I ain't know what to write..first line should it be about the hoes or the ice?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna give this a listen later, it's been a while.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm going to get a ton of Wacks, Feelings, and Nosigns, but this album like Kanye's catalog in general is overrated.

The good is really good and there isn't anything that's terrible, so I get why people love it, but to me there is a lot of mediocre on it, which brings it down IMO. It's a good album, but people boost his first three albums up like they were flawless and to me they are all far from that.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'm going to get a ton of Wacks, Feelings, and Nosigns, but this album like Kanye's catalog in general is overrated.

The good is really good and there isn't anything that's terrible, so I get why people love it, but to me there is a lot of mediocre on it, which brings it down IMO. It's a good album, but people boost his first three albums up like they were flawless and to me they are all far from that.

There not flawless but there not medicore either. Context is something you have to consider music is different when your consuming it when its releases opposed to going back years later and listening.
  • JDSTAYWITIT

There's always one ol contrarian "the sun ain't hot" ass ? in every thread

FOH
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    man..if only MTV still produced programs like this

this took me back
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    man..if only MTV still produced programs like this

VH1 too

Behind the Music on vh1 used to be GOAT

• Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    one of my favorite albums
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol was my theme song... couldn't help not being on time
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Recipe wrote: »

There not flawless but there not medicore either. Context is something you have to consider music is different when your consuming it when its releases opposed to going back years later and listening.

Isn't timelessness part of what makes a classic a classic? I can't think of one album that I consider a true classic that I listen to now and think "Hmmm this ? ain't as good as when it first came out." Hell, most of the true classics actually sound better now to me than they did when they first came out.

There's always one ol contrarian "the sun ain't hot" ass ? in every thread

FOH

Oh I forgot that we were all supposed to like everything the same. If you only want to see opinions that match yours, grab a notebook, write down your thoughts, and read them everyday. You don't need to get on a forum to see other people write the same ? as you silly ass ? .
  • JDSTAYWITIT

Oh I forgot that we were all supposed to like everything the same. If you only want to see opinions that match yours, grab a notebook, write down your thoughts, and read them everyday. You don't need to get on a forum to see other people write the same ? as you silly ass ? .

Lmaoooo not the struggle strawman argument haha haha haha haha that's when you know a ? don't believe in what he speaks

Hey fuckboiii if what your saying is correct ...why are you taking exception to me having a different opinion than you? Lmaooooooooo

If everyone is free to have their own opinion shouldn't you be shutting the ? up and letting me speak mines.... According to your own logic?

Have a seat clown ass ?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm

All these fluffy words and praise (rightfully so)

So why is it so easy for folk on here to put MBDTF, Graduation, and even 808s in the same breath as this and/or Dropout? ??!

Cant have it both ways. There is a difference between groundbreaking , classic (LR, Dropout) and just good or very good (his other albums)

Kanye has not come close to he depth and soul of his first albums.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    never liked the album, after college dropout I expected big things and this album was ?
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    bck145 wrote: »
    never liked the album, after college dropout I expected big things and this album was ?

When I first heard the album I was hyped over it but it played out quick.

I stopped ? with it completely for a while but I decided to give it another chance years later n it got better n better with every listen. Some of my fav all time Ye songs are on this album
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    edited September 2015
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    bck145 wrote: »

I feel sorry for you