• Ranxx
    Ranxx Members Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranxx wrote: »
    This is going to be asscheeks and you all know it Storyline will go;

Become an assassin

? some guys

Free run

Empty romance

Have a vision of the past or the future or some ?

Free run

Templars start to level up

More empty romance

Find the apple/piece of eden and ? the main templar and everybody else

Find that secret temple place and have an ancient robot ? future past vision

Free run

The end

Credits you cant skip

You got one ? complaining about going away from the source material and this ? complaining about how it's probably gonna stick too close to the source material.

And all we have is 1 still photo of the actor in costume and the movie still over a year away lol

My point is the source material is garbage. I own the whole series apart from the last one and if you asked me what the ? was about storywise I couldn't tell you.

Apart from that can anyone name a movie based on a videogame that was actually worth watching?
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The books are a pretty good read to me
  • ethos
    ethos Members Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is going to be asscheeks and you all know it Storyline will go;

Become an assassin

? some guys

Free run

Empty romance

Have a vision of the past or the future or some ?

Free run

Templars start to level up

More empty romance

Find the apple/piece of eden and ? the main templar and everybody else

Find that secret temple place and have an ancient robot ? future past vision

Free run

The end

Credits you cant skip

You got one ? complaining about going away from the source material and this ? complaining about how it's probably gonna stick too close to the source material.

And all we have is 1 still photo of the actor in costume and the movie still over a year away lol

My point is the source material is garbage. I own the whole series apart from the last one and if you asked me what the ? was about storywise I couldn't tell you.

Apart from that can anyone name a movie based on a videogame that was actually worth watching?

Can't think of any off the dome atm, but I enjoyed the original mortal kombat.

• BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a black flag movie would have been dope too. Use the guy from Constantine that was the voice and go all the way with it too.
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as following story material they are better off sticking with AC1 or AC2 and AC3 of Black Flag. Those had the best stories to me and it be cool seeing Connor lay some redcoats the ? out . Rogue was pretty cool playing on the other side of the spectrum as a Templar (Spinoff!) *Jay-Z voice* I want One Hundred ten percent.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never played any of those games but I think the concept sells itself for a movie franchise. The way I understand it every game has a different protagonist and story anyway with the general underlying connective tissue being some corporation in the present day.

That's malleable enough that you can go anywhere with it so it's pretty smart to not have him play any of the video game characters and make this a completely new and original story. That way it doesn't betray the expectations of the fans of the pre-existing games but also doesn't betray the core concept of the franchise either.

I don't know if done correctly this could be the one that takes video game adaptations to that next level.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Broddie wrote: »
    I've never played any of those games but I think the concept sells itself for a movie franchise. The way I understand it every game has a different protagonist and story anyway with the general underlying connective tissue being some corporation in the present day.

That's malleable enough that you can go anywhere with it so it's pretty smart to not have him play any of the video game characters and make this a completely new and original story. That way it doesn't betray the expectations of the fans of the pre-existing games but also doesn't betray the core concept of the franchise either.

I don't know if done correctly this could be the one that takes video game adaptations to that next level.

Also allows for the expansion of more creativity onto the character without messing up the story.
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the thing about video game based movies... Ones actually worth making story-wise don't work because you'd have to condense 20-30 hours worth of gameplay into a roughly 2 hr experience.

And the way video games are made now, cinematically some are just as good if not better than actual movies. So what's left is games where the story CAN be easily condensed are made but the plot is flimsy as ? . (Street fighter/mortal Kombat/super Mario Bros)

I think this one, because it's not such a linear plot and there are other stories hinted at in the game that can be fleshed out just a bit (sort of like subject 16) without compromising the main series plot at all, can be successfully made into a 2 hour movie experience.

Honestly tho, I feel like they should go with the HBO 7-10 episode miniseries approach. But if they can make me like Avengers as movies, which I had 0 interest in at all... Seems like it would be hard to ? this up
  • BangEm_Bart
    This isn't like the resident evil franchise btw. That ? sucked.
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hitman movie wasnt bad, havent seen the new one though
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm thinking video game movies might be the next genre to blow up. Maybe Fassbender feels the same way. So much source material, just like comics.

If you think about it, comic movies were ? until the generation that loved comics came of age to make great comic movies. At the same time, fans of comics were getting grown and a fan base was established.

The generation after comics is the video game generation. I think we'll see more studios willing to put a lot of money and resources into these video game movies for the same reasons we're now getting all of the comic movies.