Video:Authorities Release Footage of the Murder Of Natasha McKenna by Fairfax County Sheriff Pigs

stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Police-Release-Video-of-Moment-326383421.html#
Inside the Cell: Authorities Release Video of Confrontation With Natasha McKenna | NBC4 Washington

natasha.jpg?1428939183

The Fairfax County Sheriff's Office has released video of deputies trying to restrain an inmate who later died.

Fairfax County Sheriff Stacy Kincaid released video of the confrontation between deputies and Natasha McKenna on Thursday.

In the video, deputies are seen trying to restrain McKenna in a chair so she could be transported to Alexandria. The deputies, dressed in biohazard suits, can be heard telling McKenna to "stop resisting" and to "hold still." McKenna can be heard breathing heavily as deputies work to restrain her.

According to the commonwealth's attorney's report, she thought they would hurt her.

"You promised me you wouldn't ? me. I didn't do anything," McKenna said, according to the report.

She fought deputies for more than 17 minutes and was shocked four times. Forty minutes into the video, McKenna loses consciousness, and employees of the sheriff's office perform CPR. McKenna died five days later.

McKenna's death was ruled a tragic accident by Fairfax County commonwealth's attorney Raymond F. Morrogh earlier this week.

"It was Ms. McKenna's severe mental illness, coupled with the tremendous physical exertion she put forth over an extended period of time struggling with deputies that resulted in a cascade of lethal chemical reactions inside her body," Morrogh wrote.

The medical examiner previously found McKenna's death was accidental. The medical examiner said the cause of death was excited delirium, associated with physical restraint including use of conducted energy device. Schizophrenia and bipolar disorder were listed as contributing causes.

"It's a horrific tale of suffering," Morrogh said. But the investigation determined deputies did nothing wrong.

Tasers are no longer being used at the jail and a team from the sheriff's department has traveled to see model programs designed to divert mentally ill offenders from jail and into treatment.

McKenna's death has been one of two big cases under the spotlight in Fairfax County for law enforcement’s use of force. In the case of a Springfield man shot by a Fairfax County officer during a standoff, a special grand jury charged the officer with murder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVs8B2Nmo5k

Comments

• fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember this story a while back. Man, i dont even wanna watch that ? smh
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

? Fairfax County.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why they wearing the suits?
  •  i ro ny
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    Why they wearing the suits?

my guess is that since ol girl had mental problems, they were preparing for the worst...

you know...like ? or ? being flung at them.
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It was Ms. McKenna's severe mental illness, coupled with the tremendous physical exertion she put forth over an extended period of time struggling with deputies that resulted in a cascade of lethal chemical reactions inside her body," Morrogh wrote.

Are you ? serious? They want us to believe her body just self-destructed?
    The medical examiner said the cause of death was excited delirium, associated with physical restraint including use of conducted energy device.

That's a weird-ass way of saying someone was electrocuted to death.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This ? is disturbing. Why do you need 5 dudes in bio hazard suits for one regular sized black woman? Why are they treating this lady as if she's a ? zombie? Why did it take a hour to subdue this woman? Wtf is going with them treating black ppl like this?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    how ironic is it, the first thing she said when they open the door was, "You promised me you wouldn't ? me. I didn't do anything"...
    and she endded up dead. mental problems are not, that's very telling..
    WE DON'T KNOW what happened prior to the filming. she could be reacting to whatever they did to her.

For days on end, according to the notes, she was constantly restrained with brute force. Officers admitted to punching and hurting her, but claim they did so to protect each other.

why did they use the shield to her face like that ? she appeared to be suffocated.
    she looked like she weighed no more than 145lbs yet they had like 6 dudes with them, and they still chose to taze her... while she was already Handcuffed and shackled

What's particularly gross about her January 26 arrest is that Natasha was actually arrested that day not for anything new, but for her behavior during a January 15 incident, after which she was actually hospitalized for 10 days during a complete psychotic breakdown. During that breakdown she resisted arrest. The day after she was released from the mental hospital, she was charged with assaulting an officer and resisting arrest from the January 15 incident that required her hospitalization. This is ludicrous. She spent pretty much the entire month of January in the hospital, but was arrested and sent to a jail that could not care for her the day she was released.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wtf this ? is ? disgusting those cowards murdered her, shes just a women and they did all that ? , now they have the nerve to just release the ? , there is no excuse they can come up with for this ? .
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I refuse to watch that video
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't watch that man smfh
  •  i ro ny
    Man if yall don't watch that ? .

Yall in here sounding all sorts of wild.

There's CRAZY ? happening in the Middle East right now and yall can't watch this simple ass video?

I don't get it.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All cops suck and they all think alike. Yall ? better tool up. I see it happening, more blacks will be killed, more riots will happen. And a cracka is gonna ? a black person claiming to be defending himself and get off.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm I didnt see anything out of the ordinary. They noticed she stopped moving at about the 35 min mark but i noticed sooner than that around 22 mins, i couldn't tell if the chair had head straps or not because her head was moving fine and then it just stopped moving altogether.

They had medical staff on deck to check her out and her vitals were checked before she left the hallway and again before they tried to put her in the van.

They were asking he questions trying to get a response etc but it was too late i guess.

She was still alive after the last tazing too so Idk what happened. At some point whatever went wrong happened between the last tazing and when they got her outside but i think she was dead by the time they noticed.

They tried defrib and CPR but it was too late. That ? sad as ? .
  • jono
    I had never heard of the cause of death before, so i looked it up to see if it made any sense:
    Excited delirium syndrome (ExDS) is a serious and potentially deadly medical condition involving psychotic behavior, elevated temperature, and an extreme fight-or-flight response by the nervous system. Failure to recognize the symptoms and involve emergency medical services (EMS) to provide appropriate medical treatment may lead to death. Fatality rates of up to 10 percent in ExDS cases have been reported.[1] In addition to the significant morbidity and mortality associated with unrecognized ExDS, a substantial risk for litigation exists. These patients often die within 1 hour of police involvement. One study showed 75 percent of deaths from ExDS occurred at the scene or during transport.[2] Law enforcement organizations should take steps to increase officer awareness of ExDS and its symptoms and develop procedures to engage the medical community when identified. Without placing themselves or others at a greater risk for physical harm, officers must be able to rapidly detect symptoms of ExDS and immediately engage EMS for proper diagnosis and medical treatment. Failure to do so may prove fatal.
    Schizophrenia also results in elevated levels of dopamine in the brain, and antipsychotics work to treat hallucinations by blocking dopamine on a cellular level. In chronic ? abusers who have died of ExDS, research has shown a loss of a crucial protein that eliminates dopamine from the brain

The elevated dopamine levels help explain some of the similarities between ExDS and schizophrenia (e.g., hallucinations, paranoia), but they do not account for the high rates of sudden cardiac arrest seen in the former but not the latter.

I suppose the taser did that in this instance. Taser shocks can cause heart attacks. She had schizophrenia i believe or bipolar disorder but both can increase the likelihood of ExDS.
    ExDS subjects typically are males around the age of 30, and most have a history of psychostimulant use or mental illness (see table 1). Law enforcement agents or EMS personnel often are called to the scene because of public disturbances, agitation, or bizarre behaviors. Subjects are usually violent and combative with hallucinations, paranoia, or fear. Additionally, subjects may demonstrate profound levels of strength, resist painful stimuli or physical restraint, and seem impervious to self-inflicted injuries. This information becomes particularly important to law enforcement personnel who may use techniques intended to gain control and custody of subjects through physical means, chemical agents, or ECDs. During initial assessment patients often are noted to have elevated body temperatures, fast heart rates, rapid breathing, elevated blood pressures, and sweaty skin.

Certain medical conditions have presented similarly to ExDS, including low blood sugar, thyroid abnormalities, and decompensated psychiatric illness. Methamphetamine, ? , ? , and bath salt intoxication are associated with ExDS, but not every intoxicated individual develops it. Intoxication without ExDS will lack elevated body temperatures and certain laboratory abnormalities, such as metabolic acidosis. Severe sweating, a clue that a patient has an elevated temperature, combined with hallucinations always should prompt a consideration of ExDS. Differentiating ExDS from other medical causes or uncomplicated intoxication can prove difficult, but a prudent course is to assume the worst and bring patients to the hospital via EMS for evaluation by a physician.

So the fact they had to shock her 4 times was an indicator that she was somewhat resistant to the stimulus. It might have been a clue to her having ExDS.

This ? is crazy.
    https://leb.fbi.gov/2014/july/excited-delirium-and-the-dual-response-preventing-in-custody-deaths
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    I had never heard of the cause of death before, so i looked it up to see if it made any sense:
    Excited delirium syndrome (ExDS) is a serious and potentially deadly medical condition involving psychotic behavior, elevated temperature, and an extreme fight-or-flight response by the nervous system. Failure to recognize the symptoms and involve emergency medical services (EMS) to provide appropriate medical treatment may lead to death. Fatality rates of up to 10 percent in ExDS cases have been reported.[1] In addition to the significant morbidity and mortality associated with unrecognized ExDS, a substantial risk for litigation exists. These patients often die within 1 hour of police involvement. One study showed 75 percent of deaths from ExDS occurred at the scene or during transport.[2] Law enforcement organizations should take steps to increase officer awareness of ExDS and its symptoms and develop procedures to engage the medical community when identified. Without placing themselves or others at a greater risk for physical harm, officers must be able to rapidly detect symptoms of ExDS and immediately engage EMS for proper diagnosis and medical treatment. Failure to do so may prove fatal.
    Schizophrenia also results in elevated levels of dopamine in the brain, and antipsychotics work to treat hallucinations by blocking dopamine on a cellular level. In chronic ? abusers who have died of ExDS, research has shown a loss of a crucial protein that eliminates dopamine from the brain

The elevated dopamine levels help explain some of the similarities between ExDS and schizophrenia (e.g., hallucinations, paranoia), but they do not account for the high rates of sudden cardiac arrest seen in the former but not the latter.

I suppose the taser did that in this instance. Taser shocks can cause heart attacks. She had schizophrenia i believe or bipolar disorder but both can increase the likelihood of ExDS.
    ExDS subjects typically are males around the age of 30, and most have a history of psychostimulant use or mental illness (see table 1). Law enforcement agents or EMS personnel often are called to the scene because of public disturbances, agitation, or bizarre behaviors. Subjects are usually violent and combative with hallucinations, paranoia, or fear. Additionally, subjects may demonstrate profound levels of strength, resist painful stimuli or physical restraint, and seem impervious to self-inflicted injuries. This information becomes particularly important to law enforcement personnel who may use techniques intended to gain control and custody of subjects through physical means, chemical agents, or ECDs. During initial assessment patients often are noted to have elevated body temperatures, fast heart rates, rapid breathing, elevated blood pressures, and sweaty skin.

Certain medical conditions have presented similarly to ExDS, including low blood sugar, thyroid abnormalities, and decompensated psychiatric illness. Methamphetamine, ? , ? , and bath salt intoxication are associated with ExDS, but not every intoxicated individual develops it. Intoxication without ExDS will lack elevated body temperatures and certain laboratory abnormalities, such as metabolic acidosis. Severe sweating, a clue that a patient has an elevated temperature, combined with hallucinations always should prompt a consideration of ExDS. Differentiating ExDS from other medical causes or uncomplicated intoxication can prove difficult, but a prudent course is to assume the worst and bring patients to the hospital via EMS for evaluation by a physician.

So the fact they had to shock her 4 times was an indicator that she was somewhat resistant to the stimulus. It might have been a clue to her having ExDS.

This ? is crazy.
    https://leb.fbi.gov/2014/july/excited-delirium-and-the-dual-response-preventing-in-custody-deaths

Sounds like a diagnose created for the sole purpose of absolving police from incidents involving people with mental health issues.
  • jono