The Official 2015/2016 NFL Season Thread

Comments

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    folks done got so out of hand in San Fran that they might ban the team from selling beers in the 2nd half of games
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realized we already wrapped up the toughest part of our schedule, I'd say the Cowboys and Colts back to back on the road but one team is without Romo and Dez and the other is our ? till they fire that overrated coach and start making some smart personnel decisions, maybe the Broncos on a short week but as of right now none of these teams are on our level, especially the trash in the NFC east

Yo i noticed the pats with the way some of these afc teams are looking. They could be heavily favored to make it back to the SB by week 7.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    How bad cutler is he still better than clausen. And we go to Seattle next week. FML FML FML
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MeTaL wrote: »
    Jeffrey Lurie should be a damn shame of himself for planting a virus in the organization.. and turn't around.. gave chip power of ALL football operations.. including GM duties..

? trying to duplicate a college winning formula in an NFL atmosphere.. Players make the system.. System doesn't make the players.. and Jeffrey Lurie ok this ? ??

Let's just get one thing straight, there was NEVER anything sophisticated about the offense Chip Kelly and the Eagles run itself, it was the tempo that was unique. They run a modified, run heavy, zone read-option offense which is INCREDIBLY vanilla in the passing game; if you watch closely the Eagles literally only have like 5 run plays and about as many pass plays that they run. Defenses are kind of starting to key in on that and are slowly adjusting to it, mainly the tempo; how do you think the Eagles made the attempted comeback week 1 at Atlanta? Conditioning is the only thing that allowed that to happen, if Atlanta wouldn't have gotten gassed that ? never would have happened.

It doesn't help that they run a read option with a QB who is ZERO threat in the running game(that helps in no way at all, probably hurts them if anything) and he does not have the ability to throw deep. They pick up nothing but North-South runners when the majority of the run plays they run have always been East-West sweeps and screens. They literally barely ever run the ball to the inside, and right now even if they tried they don't have the offensive guards to pound the rock on the inside, hell their guards can't get any pull to run the East-West plays they are trying to run, which is why Demarco Murray is getting hit before he can even get back to the line of scrimmage on a damn near play by play basis. Their receivers get ZERO separation from their defenders and not one of them are deep threats what so ever, not to mention none of them are sure handed.

Honestly I didn't see if being this bad, but the deterioration of this Chip Kelly offense started after Thanksgiving last year and it looks like it is only continuing. Signing all them free agents is nice, but you can polish a ? but it don't stop a ? from being a ? . This offense works... in college, but just like Mike Martz and the Greatest Show on Turf, once defenses figure it out it's gonna be a rude awakening.
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ghost! wrote: »
    Just realized we already wrapped up the toughest part of our schedule, I'd say the Cowboys and Colts back to back on the road but one team is without Romo and Dez and the other is our ? till they fire that overrated coach and start making some smart personnel decisions, maybe the Broncos on a short week but as of right now none of these teams are on our level, especially the trash in the NFC east

Yo i noticed the pats with the way some of these afc teams are looking. They could be heavily favored to make it back to the SB by week 7.

Brady is on pace to have a greater year stat wise than 07/08. As long as we stay relatively healthy we should be back in the superbowl
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man won't none of yall Eagles fans saying any of this when he was hired. Or when Bradford was traded for and Murray was picked up. Now after two games the world over... even though the Giants are also 0-2, We lost Dez and Romo for months, and the skins are always garbage.

Yall some hoes, the season aint over. Have some confidence in your team.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Man won't none of yall Eagles fans saying any of this when he was hired. Or when Bradford was traded for and Murray was picked up. Now after two games the world over... even though the Giants are also 0-2, We lost Dez and Romo for months, and the skins are always garbage.

Yall some hoes, the season aint over. Have some confidence in your team.

Coop I'll be honest, I may hate the Eagles but I'm being as honest as I can here. They quite LITERALLY do not have the personnel to run the offense they are trying to run. I do not see how if I was an Eagles fan how I could have confidence at this point. I know it's only week 2, but that offense has been abused 6 of the 8 quarters they have played this season, and hell going back to last season with better personnel OVERALL they were still getting abused. Conditioning is literally their only saving grace at this point, and hopefully their defense can maintain their conditioning also. I'm not saying it is over for them, but they need to make some HUGE adjustments or they are ? . If they continue to run the offense the way they are running it now, they are ? . It will definitely not get better.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skins going to win that division LOL
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    I said we should have got Winston.

Is arm strength is going away and now it's gon be even worst.

But I said Brees was on the decline on here before the season started and Saints fans said I was crazy. I didn't say he sucked...said he's on the decline.

I said last year that saints should start to set up replacing brees but Luke mccown bout to sell so many Verizon phones
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    9-7 gone win the NFC East
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol.

Coop I don't wanna hear no excuses and plea copping if we somehow do make a run.

Cause you like to pop ? then turn modest and gracious ala 12'.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Lol.

Coop I don't wanna hear no excuses and plea copping if we somehow do make a run.

Cause you like to pop ? then turn modest and gracious ala 12'.

? ..... ? THE DEADSKINS!!!
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only way that could potentially happens is if they let the QB Gawd Young Colt McCoy cook, Skins ain't trying to win though so we should still have the division on lock
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only way that could potentially happens is if they let the QB Gawd Young Colt McCoy cook, Skins ain't trying to win though so we should still have the division on lock

That running game is legit, that defense is legit, if Kirk Cousins can just be a solid game manager like he was yesterday and they can get Desean back I think they can definitely make it interesting and potentially win the division, it's early though but that division is looking shaky as ?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "with the first pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, the new Orleans Saints select" has a nice ring to it

Bout to get that put on a shirt or two
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prediction for tonight's game: Jets win 27-20.
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AP21 wrote: »
    "with the first pick of the 2016 NFL Draft, the new Orleans Saints select" has a nice ring to it

Bout to get that put on a shirt or two

Yall goong to take jared goff to replace brees
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huey_C wrote: »

Brady is on pace to have a greater year stat wise than 07/08. As long as we stay relatively healthy we should be back in the superbowl

And they playing the jags this week too. Nig if Brady don't have 4 or 5 TDs that game.....!
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C wrote: »

And they playing the jags this week too. Nig if Brady don't have 4 or 5 TDs that game.....!

Word, I want to see a straight up disgusting blow out Sunday
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Falcons bout to be 3-0 vs the NFC East, life is good
  • Beta
  • Beta
    Frank Gore running that thang..

Too bad they keep holding
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. Todd Bowles got this defense cooking. Now let's put this short field to work.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luck is a pick machine but stay getting passes
  • Huey_C
    It's difficult watching other teams play, they just don't have the skill, discipline and professionalism that the patriots have. This game is like a pop warner match up smh. I'm going to bed , goodnight.