Robert Englund Thinks New Line Is Remaking ‘Dream Warriors’ As ‘A Nightmare On Elm Street’

1CK1S
1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
[img]http://cdn.? -disgusting.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/still-of-robert-englund-and-tuesday-knight-in-nightmare-on-elm-street-the-dream-master-large-picture-freddy-krueger-a46f0c3ed092dfcf9914593bea064d79-fullsize-64071-620x400.jpg[/img]

Back in August it was revealed – and confirmed by yours truly – that New Line Cinema is once again planning to remake A Nightmare On Elm Street.

Now, we have some rumors and speculation that comes from an interesting source – Robert Englund, who played franchise slasher Freddy Krueger in eight Elm Street films. (Samuel Bayer directed the 2010 reboot that introduced Jackie Earle Haley as the new Freddy.)

Red Carpet News TV sat down with Englund at the 2015 Showmasters Bournemouth Comic Con in which he dropped a bomb of information. It should be noted that he very specifically acknowledges that he’s just speculating, and
it’s obvious that he’s using the platform to vie for a cameo in the next Elm Street. With that said, could New Line be planning a remake of the 1987 A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors?!

“[There’s] gossip that apparently they approached Tuesday Knight (pictured above), the young actress from Elm Street 4 who replaced Patricia Arquette,” said Englund. “I tried to think, what does that mean? They can’t possibly be remaking A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 1 again? They just did that! It’s like remaking Godzilla twice in a row – they should have learned from lesson by now.

“I think they may be remaking A Nightmare On Elm Street Part 3,” adds Englund, pointing out that this is all speculation. “Dream Warriors is the most successful and popular of the franchise. It would make sense for them in a kind of A Nightmare On Elm Street cinematic pun, to hire Tuesday to play the mother…because that would mean she’s playing her own mother.

For those of you who are keeping hope alive that Englund may return as Freddy, he’s not only retired from the role, but it sounds as if the studio has zero intentions of even attempting to bring him back.

“They’re not gonna be bring me back for Freddy,” he explained. “Perhaps they’d bring me back in a cameo as an elderly dream expert at the local clinic for dream analysis or therapy?”

Again, he clarifies this is all speculation: “I don’t really know any details at this time.”

Furthermore, Englund told them what he’d really like to see done with Freddy’s character, saying, “Well, I’d like to see ‘Nightmare in the Hood’! I would! I think it’d be really interesting to do a line of, like, retro 80’s hip hop ones and get a black actor to play “Freddy” and all the kids are, like, hip hop. Just do it the same!”

Comments