Big Brother Season 17 Thread

Options
1252627282931»

Comments

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ckfree wrote: »
    on the low this is the equivalent of the 2007 new england patriots perfect season being ruined by the giants because steve and liz played very similar games (hide behind bigger threats, fly under radar) but steve was much more aware

lesser of two evils

im good with it though

Great Analogy .
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Steve's a ? , but I'm glad he won compared to Vanessa so she can't be compared to the all time greats. Shocked, but glad as he'll James won America's favorite. He needed that money.
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Steve's a ? , but I'm glad he won compared to Vanessa so she can't be compared to the all time greats.

Yeah, nobody cares about 2nd place.

She knows it too......part of the reason she's hurting so much right now.

Let's not act like production didn't help her in the Final HOH either.

Saw her telling Liz "she's got this" on after dark a few days ago and it was something more than confidence.....it was like she "knew" she was gonna win.

The Final HOH has always been some variation of true/false for at least the past 5 seasons....probably longer.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time that the Final HOH involved guessing what the jury members said.

Vanessa knew that would be the comp, and figured she had it in the bag because production probably told her about it in advance and she prepared for that instead of trivia regarding what happened in the house.

Production probably thought Vanessa would win that comp over Steve because she was more sociable and knew the houseguests better.

All that work they put in to help her win was wasted.

Didn't even make Final 2.

Poetic justice.
  • Madame Lace
    Madame Lace Members Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting how Vanessa and Julie kept saying " POKER FACE" ......
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i am shocked they didn't have more chatter about shelli and clay in the finalie episode or some of the other unfinished storylines. Only guess is they are holding that for the aftershow. If i was cbs knowing that no matter who the final 2 were it was not gunna be close i would have had more segments on the evicted jurors and people who came back.

You could have had a field day for another 10 or 15 minutes on the first half of the summer. Had Day or Jason really critique what they saw on tv have jeff talk about him and jackies game this year etc etc. Jmac and becky questions? That would have been 10 times better than that drawn out final hoh comp and the video before all that from the taped segments they could have sped up.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's been like that since they cut 30 minutes off the finale a couple of years ago.
  • Tymoney19
    Tymoney19 Members Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh I was too busy this summer to watch this season but I watched up to when Jason was evicted. Wtfffffffffffffffff how did Steve win lmaoooooooooo.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the prejuror segment do seem to be getting shorter and shorter every season though

they gotta show part 1 and part 2 on sundays episode -- then air part 3 live -- then devote 15 minutes to the prejurors discussing the season

lol @ johnny mac trying so hard all season in the DR and didnt win AFP

deadeye wrote: »
    Vanessa played herself.

Didn't even congratulate Steve.

On top of that, she said she was gonna vote for the person who best exemplified the game......but ended up voting for Liz.

laugh-o.gif

Yeah.....she's mad.

nRHrU9w.gif

and it wasnt even necessary to announce how much money she has made -- no one even knew how to react

i could understand her ruthless style of gameplay since as a proffesional poker player you are trained to lie and manipulate for a living but the bitterness to not vote for steve as winner when he was clearly the best player between he and liz was 100% ego

with an addictive personality like hers she is gonna take this ether to the grave

what fitting end to the season
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah I was actually starting to warm up to her when she got voted out and took it on the chin but her spiteful vote against Steve despite all her talk about gameplay and strategy just reinforced what she's all about.

And if her show was in development before BB started (which I can't see how it wasn't) then that shows a serious conflict of interest for a show that already came under fire for casting friends of the producer and accusations of rigging comps and influencing people in the DR.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    for all this shows faults if they ever canceled it i would be sick

good thing though is that summer programming has tanked in recent years and big brother still regularly wins its timeslot/night unless theres football on a different channel --its literally the only summer show that pulls decent ratings AND they get to milk it for 3 nights per week -- if anything, theyre more likely to start the season sooner in june and drag it out for even longer then canceling it