Star Ocean 5 announced for PS4, PS3

Options
VulcanRaven
VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
Star Ocean 5 is in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals.

A release date is still unannounced, but the game is developed by tri-Ace and published by Square Enix.

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Update 6:08 a.m.: More details have leaked via Famitsu. The game’s full title is Star Ocean 5: Integrity and Faithlessness. It is set on the uncivilized planet of Feycreed, which is 6,000 light years away from Earth.

Currently revealed characters include:

Fedel Camus (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa) – The protagonist. He specializes at fencing, and protects the order of his village.
Miki Sorvesta (voiced by Nao Toyama) – The heroine. She is the protagonist’s childhood friend, and loves him like an older brother.
Lilia (voice actor unknown) – A girl who lost both her memories and emotions.

The magazine also has screenshots of a blonde swordsman and blue-haired witch participating in battle.

Battles are seamless and in real-time. Depending on the distance between you and the enemy, the way you attack changes, and pushing buttons consecutively will trigger combos.

In addition to traditional event scenes, there will also be “seamless events” such as those where enemies attack you. If the enemy apprehends your allies during these events, there will be branching outcomes.

Here’s the game’s staff:

Developer: tri-Ace
Character Designer: Akira “Akiman” Yasuda
Producer: Shuichi Kobayashi
Director: Hiroshi Ogawa
Lead Programmer: Yoshiharu Gotanda

Thanks, Hachima Kikou.

Update 7:15 a.m.: First scans and more details have come out of Famitsu. The magazine features an interview with producer Kobayashi, director Ogawa, and programmer Gotanda.

“[Having previously been in marketing] I decided to change positions and become a producer out of the belief that Star Ocean is worth staking my life and legacy on,” Kobayashi said. “For Star Ocean 5, I wanted the game to overtly take cues from Star Ocean 3 and draw its essence from that game.”

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3#mfogWxBxDrUCCPYd.99
SO5_Fami-scan_04-14-15_001.jpg
SO5_Fami-scan_04-14-15_002.jpg
SO5_Fami-scan_04-14-15_003.jpg
SO5_Fami-scan_04-14-15_004.jpg
gematsu.com/2015/04/star-ocean-5-announced-for-ps4-ps3

Comments