jono
jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in Off The Turn Buckle
hqdefault.jpg

daniel-bryan.jpg

Better Overall Wrestler (Jono Edition): Eddie Guerrero vs Daniel Bryan 15 votes

Eddie Guerrero
86%
dalyricalbandit  Colin$mackabi$hPanchoYoSanchoits....JOHN BAlready Home_17Chi-Town BullyJabu_RuleVader_F_KennedyRickyRich(ob)SceneBangEm_Bart BenGrimTsotsi Cape Town 13 votes
Daniel Bryan
13%
jonoKillaCham 2 votes

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eddie Guerrero
    This shouldn't even be close.

Eddie had a better move set and his mic skills and charisma was one of the best
  • jono
    edited September 2015
    Daniel Bryan
    Hmmm Im torn
    NWrwEI.gif

eddieguerrerovideo.gif~c200
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eddie Guerrero
    Sorry bryan u still in my top 5 tho.

I miss eddie. I will never forget that classic rivalry with jbl.
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eddie Guerrero
    ? with that question
  • jono
    Daniel Bryan
    Yall ? cant be serious. Lets stop sleeping on DB. Dude is a monster
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    Daniel Bryan
    Eddie = overrated
  • jono
    edited September 2015
    Daniel Bryan
    WHOA Eddie overrated?!
  • KillaCham
    Daniel Bryan
    He is. That ? is annoying. It's crazy how death can raise someone's stock. ? is way worse with Owen Hart too. Eddie was definitely great in the ring, had some great matches and was decent on the mic... but people act like he was a wrestling ? . And he isn't a better wrestler than Daniel Bryan.
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eddie Guerrero
    KillaCham wrote: »
    He is. That ? is annoying. It's crazy how death can raise someone's stock. ? is way worse with Owen Hart too. Eddie was definitely great in the ring, had some great matches and was decent on the mic... but people act like he was a wrestling ? . And he isn't a better wrestler than Daniel Bryan.

nobody has ever called eddie a wrestling ? . you said yourself he was great in the ring and had great matches. factor in his mic skills and character, how can he be overrated?
  • jono
    Daniel Bryan

I tried not to even go there but ? knew Eddie was GOAT status in 04.

UPN dedicated like two hours to just him for a documentary and to my knowledge that really kicked off WWE doing documentaries on their performers. I can't remember anyone else having one before that.

In between the ropes dude was a phenom. His list of classics are long as ? .
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Eddie Guerrero
    Eddie was good in WCW and WWE. He had some classic rivalries against Angle, Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Batista, Edge, a few others and funny af on the mic. His relationship with Chyna was hilarious. He had a better moveset like the 3 amigos and the frog splash and was way more established. No back to back neck injuries like Bryan. Plus....

We lie, we cheat, we steal in a drop top>>> Yes shouting hippy.

Not bashing Daniels because he's superb in this era of trashy wrestlers but I doubt he would be as big in the attitude era with that caliber of talent.
  • jono
    Daniel Bryan
    Eddie jobbed in a squash match to Steve Austin in the Attitude Era. So much for that argument.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    i need time on this one, this is truly a top 3 comparison thread. u cant sleep on eddie, he was a great wrestler, great character, funny as hell on the mic. and this goes back to ecw, let alone wcw

then u got DB. which ill say if u think he's overrated in wwe, u clearly havent seen too much of his indy stuff, which im not tryna diss cuz i havent seen a lot either, but im aware. people will say "wwe tones your wrestling down" so did u think db was exempt from that and he's overrated?
  • BangEm_Bart
    Eddie Guerrero
    i need time on this one, this is truly a top 3 comparison thread. u cant sleep on eddie, he was a great wrestler, great character, funny as hell on the mic. and this goes back to ecw, let alone wcw

then u got DB. which ill say if u think he's overrated in wwe, u clearly havent seen too much of his indy stuff, which im not tryna diss cuz i havent seen a lot either, but im aware. people will say "wwe tones your wrestling down" so did u think db was exempt from that and he's overrated?

You're right. DBs not overrated. I just hate the injuries.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Eddie Guerrero
    THIS ? IS DISRESPECTFUL DB COOL BUT EDDIE A LEGEND
  • BangEm_Bart
    Eddie Guerrero
    Yea DB is good but not Eddie Guerrero good. ? Eddie was better than Benoit imo.
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eddie Guerrero
    Eddie = overrated

Shocked-Fan-After-Undertaker-Loss-to-Brock-Lesnar.gif
  • jono
    Daniel Bryan
    Damn. I kinda expected it to be closer. Lol
    I ? with Daniel so I was torn but since it won't matter I'll vote for DB.
  • jono
    Daniel Bryan
    Eddie was good in WCW and WWE. He had some classic rivalries against Angle, Benoit, Rey Mysterio, Batista, Edge, a few others and funny af on the mic. His relationship with Chyna was hilarious. He had a better moveset like the 3 amigos and the frog splash and was way more established. No back to back neck injuries like Bryan. Plus....

Not bashing Daniels because he's superb in this era of trashy wrestlers but I doubt he would be as big in the attitude era with that caliber of talent.

Eddie was on drugs bro for like ALOT of his career and he broke his own arm with a frog splash.

I love Eddie though (pause). Im just not gonna let yall dog Daniel lol
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Eddie Guerrero
    charisma - Eddie
    mic skills - eddie
    character - Eddie
    in ring ability - DB, although Eddie was great as well

it's sad Guerrero died days before his second world title reign

it's also sad how wwe didn't take advantage of Bryan's popularity. fans hijacked raw segments, ppv matches, the rumble 2 years in a row because of how poorly DB was booked. fans chose DB to be the next star. but Vince thought we wanted to see cena, orton, Batista, and big show in the main event in 2013/2014

wwe fans loved Eddie. but their support of DB was unreal
  • KillaCham
    Daniel Bryan

Eddie & Batista rivalry was classic?
  • jono
    edited September 2015
    Daniel Bryan
    It was dope but Eddie died before it really took off. Eddie was supposed to get the title during that feud, no doubt would have led to Batista chasing