achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

1 million active subscribers?...

Comments

• achewon87
    Options
    za'kiss wrote: »
    Tidal is dope. ? what you heard.

I don't use a streaming service but I would probably go with Tidal because they use FLAC...

Just not into paying people to control my music, I like buying music and making my own playlists but I do like what they offer...
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »

I don't use a streaming service but I would probably go with Tidal because they use FLAC...

Just not into paying people to control my music, I like buying music and making my own playlists but I do like what they offer...

Not only audio, video as well. I was watching Coles, Jidennas, Meeks, Big Seans, Futures, performance in the made in America festival...
    Also Weezys weezyana festival...
    All in hd from my phone...

They also have different payment packages
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    i still haven't figured out why ppl pay for these streaming services

i guess its to the ability to carry a infinite library of music without having to actually download it idk
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Salute for tidal for having 1/20th of paid subscriptions as spotify. I appreciate them making once free streams like made in america and summer jam paid ones to ? over the fans.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

i guess its to the ability to carry a infinite library of music without having to actually download it idk

true....guess it basically comes down to time....if you save time and don't have an issue paying for it then cool

really doesn't bother me or take much time to download a cd then put it on my ipod or phone. and keep it moving.. plus i don't need to worry bout how many gigs I'm using or being on wifi or my app not working.

• lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nizzle you beef hard about tidal
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my apple music is about to expire but ? it ima just keep it. its dope
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    Salute for tidal for having 1/20th of paid subscriptions as tidal. I appreciate them making once free streams like made in america and summer jam paid ones to ? over the fans.

Shut ya broke ass up ? ... dont u pay for clean water?
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    props to Jay i just know i aint one of those million ppl...i cant pay for free ?

CJLsXKo.png

So these culture vultures don't understand why an artist should be compensated for their artistry??

Like i said in the other thread, people ARE getting paid for the"free" streams, jus not the artist. The labels and companies advertising are the real vultures

this isn't even gettin them their just due, its a complimentary Revenue stream in addition to the other streams which they aint getting ? out of

Miss me wit that sympathy ? , this ISNT the fans fault. How is it the fans fault everyone getting theirs but you? Foh

N other vthan first paragraph im speakim in general, not towards u. That sympathy ? they tried to pull was an insult to my intelligence
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If you have good headphones or speakers, the difference between Apple Music and Tidal is night and day. Apple Music sounds like ? .

Spotify sounds pretty good though (at 320 kbs premium), but Tidal is still pretty clearly a step above if you care about audio quality.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    props to Jay i just know i aint one of those million ppl...i cant pay for free ?

CJLsXKo.png

So these culture vultures don't understand why an artist should be compensated for their artistry??

i own more albums, than you have bumps on ur face....and i cop merch and go to shows i do my part...i dont stream cuz i have youtube or upload ? into my devices from the actual CDs
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ]I like buying music and making my own playlists but I do like what they offer...

Also, not entirely sure what you mean by this, but you can definitely make your own playlists (on any streaming service).
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Abraxas wrote: »
    I enjoyed tidal, but didn't like that his personal beefs had an effect on the music library.

For example. You can't listen to purple haze.

Yes u can...2015_09_29_16_31_15.png

U can listen to all of Cam's albums. Including his latest one

2015_09_29_16_29_35.png

the only Camron album that dosent play, is Killa Season...

it wasnt there a couple of months ago when I looked it up. I made a post about it back then.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

CJLsXKo.png

Like i said in the other thread, people ARE getting paid for the"free" streams, jus not the artist. The labels and companies advertising are the real vultures

this isn't even gettin them their just due, its a complimentary Revenue stream in addition to the other streams which they aint getting ? out of

Miss me wit that sympathy ? , this ISNT the fans fault. How is it the fans fault everyone getting theirs but you? Foh

N other vthan first paragraph im speakim in general, not towards u. That sympathy ? they tried to pull was an insult to my intelligence

So it's a slap in the face to ask supposed fans of these artist to pay 9.99 a month for unlimited access to their intellectual property because you feel entitled to access that work for free?

Vulture ...
  • achewon87
    Options
    ]I like buying music and making my own playlists but I do like what they offer...

Also, not entirely sure what you mean by this, but you can definitely make your own playlists (on any streaming service).

I just don't know how vast the library is; between my CDs and laptop I don't have that problem, I can make a bunch of playlists of the music that I like...

Tidal is offering the best in terms of audio quality by far and that's just off of research...