Nicki Minaj Will Produce & Appear In An ABC Comedy Based On Her Life

StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
Nicki Minaj is headed to ABC Family.

As Nicki Minaj told us way back on "Up In Flames," "? ain't got punchlines or flow / I have both and an empire also." From Beats Pills, to perfume, to Myx Moscato, Nicki has been expanding her brand over the last few years, and her presence on the Forbes list has reflected as much.

Nicki's latest venture was announced earlier today, following a few days of Twitter hype over a "big surprise" from the Young Money rapper. According to Deadline, Minaj will both executive-produce and appear in a new ABC Family comedy, which will be based on her years growing up in Queens.

“This is one of the more unique adventures I’ve ever embarked on,” said Nicki. “I couldn’t be more proud and excited to team up with an amazing group of people to give the world something really special.”

The show is said to focus on the rapper's :vibrant immigrant family and the personal and musical evolution that lead to her eventual rise to stardom". It will be written by Kate ANgelo, who previously worked on the screenplays for feature films, "Sex Tape," and "The Back-Up Plan".

The pilot is set to begin filming in the winter. So far, no cast members have been announced.

Comments