Don Lemon & John McWhorter go full on ? during their #ButWhataboutBlkonBlkCrime conversation

Options
2»

Comments

• LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ah the "black on black violence" distraction method, eh? well according to the FBI...

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Rates are about the same... and if I'm reading this right, whites have more to fear from Hispanics than they do blacks.

Screen_Shot_2015_09_30_at_10_25_44_AM.jpg

so, that black guy is more likely to be killed by another black guy? Well guess ? what, the white guy is in much much more danger of being killed by a white guy. I'm sure the arab guy is much more likely of being killed by the arab guy, as well. Do you have to be a rocket scientist to see how this works? The only thing worst than a smart dumb ? is a bought ? ; you can at least ignore the smart dumb ? .

But if your 15, 16, 17 year old gets kidnapped and ? , guess who most likely did it?
    Screen_Shot_2015_09_30_at_10_45_06_AM.jpg

Let me know when you wanna talk about it, tho

smh @ me only making it 45 seconds into the vid before encountering overwhelming fuckery... Like, what did I really expect to see here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, doesn't that statistic make the point that black on black crime is too prevalent? It almost matches whites, and we are a much smaller population.

As for the video, someone needs to get these people off of the air. There are other organizations that handle black on black crime. We don't highlight them enough but we don't run the media...
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Liberal/conservative means nothing...

End. Their all people at the end of the day which means they all suck.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I love when detractors and ? bring up black on black crime under the guise of "why is no one talking about this?"....like that ? doesn't become a national discussion on a monthly basis

exactly, as if we don't bring up Chiraq every week.
  • optimistic
    optimistic Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    J.J._Evans wrote: »
    why am i not surprised a professor from liberal ? ass columbia university is a ? .

How can you claim to be a black conservative, but not know that he's also a black conservative?

Sooo I am supposed to know everything black conservative on the planet and agree with everything they say. Come on ? please

.....but everything you disagree with is liberal ? even if it comes from cons.
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's intellectually dishonest to act like we can't discuss the high murder rates in urban communities AND the ? -like policing in black communities.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Straw man argument that's designed to waste time and energy.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The best way to ascertain the progress a people have made is to see if they're still complaining about the same issues 50-60 years ago. In the 1960's it was the pigs beating & killing black folks......... 2015, Same ? , different toilet.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Don Lemon & John McWhorter must be getting a life savings supply of watermelon for all that cooning they be doing
  • mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? doing what they do best.......
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I love when detractors and ? bring up black on black crime under the guise of "why is no one talking about this?"....like that ? doesn't become a national discussion on a monthly basis

People who constantly repeat that rhetoric show how concerned they really are about helping to end that crime. You'd think if they were so concerned and didn't see anything getting done they'd put themselves at the forefront of things and start something.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    why am i not surprised a professor from liberal ? ass columbia university is a ? .
    he is correct however that police brutality is not the most pressing issue in the black community

Except McWhorter is a conservative.

How can you claim to be a black conservative, but not know that he's also a black conservative?

Sooo I am supposed to know everything black conservative on the planet and agree with everything they say. Come on ? please
    But you incorrectly knew he was a "liberal"?

a.mann wrote: »
    The way this ? keeps getting killed....

Never has a screen name been more appropriate.

1f610.png
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »

You know republicans have like 50 different branches that claim to not be related to each other

Zombie is a independent conservative lol

That's because politics is a spectrum it's a gradient left,right,center. It's not as simple as people want it to be

It is simple for black people.

Don't vote for openly racist ass republicans that are on foxnews supporting George Zimmerman, saying Obama is not American, and are always voting against any intiative that helps black people.

It is very simple.....

^^^ Very underrated post.

People go out and vote for a president every 4 years but seem to totally disregard midterm elections which are arguably more important.

You don't see predominately White cities with Black mayors, police chiefs, fire marshals, etc.

Better get out there and start standing behind people who look out for your best interest instead of letting these old conservative rednecks get in power and have the ability to make crucial decisions regarding your life.
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As for the thread Don Lemon been a ? .

I think that word is overused but it suits what he is very well.

You'd think that homosexual Black man would have more sense than he does in regards to the things that plague our community.

I'm sure CNN executives were very calculated in putting a Black like him in that position that I'm sure somewhat reflect some of their views; I still watch them over that ? Fox News be spewing.
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Neither of these two brothers have had that moment yet where their support is gone from the white folks and all they have looking at them in the face is us black folk... their time will come
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Every last one of these ? look the same and sound the same. Same haircut, talk the same way, like they're trying to keep the ? from escaping their throat. And none of them gives a flying ? about black on black crime until somebody's talking about a white person killing a black person. Got to protect ? .
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What do you expect from these major networks anyway? Black folk are not allowed to work for these places and promote a "radical" black agenda. The corporate values of the company wouldn't allow it. They would lose their jobs if they started talking some Assata Shakur, Huey P. Newton stuff. That's why these companies hire ? , because they best represent the values of the company which is white supremacist in nature.
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options
    he is correct however that police brutality is not the most pressing issue in the black community

No, he is not a conservative. He says some conservative-sounding stuff when the topic is race, but he's not a conservative. He has said so himself: http://www.newrepublic.com/blog/john-mcwhorter/82122/frances-fox-piven-jim-sleeper-and-me
  • A Talented One
    Options
    I often disagree with him, and even find him kind of annoying, but I don't think McWhorter is a ? . I certainly don't think he is saying this stuff for white approval. He really believes that black folks will be better off if they reject some of the civil rights orthodoxy.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why do we talk about domestic violence when cancer kills more women every year?
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

No, he is not a conservative. He says some conservative-sounding stuff when the topic is race, but he's not a conservative. He has said so himself: http://www.newrepublic.com/blog/john-mcwhorter/82122/frances-fox-piven-jim-sleeper-and-me

He works for Manhattan Institute conservative a think tank.. Which employs that ? who came with that racist "Broken Windows Theory" that pigs use around the country to justify their harassment of black folks.. No real black man would work at place like that...
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The ic needs a ? reaction just for you.
  • A Talented One
    Options
    Anybody who thinks I'm a ? is a ? idiot.
  • Copper
    Options
    Everyone thinks your a ?
  • Copper
    Options