Stephon Marbury Calls Out Jordan: "You're Paying $200 for Jordans and They Make Them for $5"

Options

Comments

• A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack! Go at Jordan for investing in private prisons, not selling his shoe for whatever price point he feels is best. If the people will buy it at $200+, why not sell it for that much? It's called supply and demand.

And the argument about kids killing each other over Jordans is trash. If not Jordans, it would be something else. They're "killing each other" over valuable items, so to single out Jordans is ridiculous.

Let's talk about the mind state these people are in, who commit such silly crimes. Let's work on fixing the root cause, not some surface ? .
    Sounds alot like "black lives matter? We SHOULD be talking about black on black crime". ? just change the subject as if what they about to say is so important

The #1 consumer of Air Jordan's shoes is BLACK PEOPLE. If you selling shoes to the black community & see them murdering each other over YOUR product, the least a ? could do is release a statement saying "we don't condone any senseless acts of violence over our product". That's it. But he won't because a) Jordan only sees $$$ and b) doesn't give 2 ? about his ppl anyway. So in other words "let them ? keep killing each other".

Is this true? I see A LOT of non blacks in Jordans...

Culture vultures
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Retail ? CANT expect wholesale numbers.
    You aint a hustler, you a customer.
    Gotta pay to play.
    Pay the cost to be the boss.

? been right in your face your whole life
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? ain't payin for the shoe. Christian louboutin sneakers look like nike dunks and they like 3 bands. But you ? in here wit this what about black on black crime ass ? . Let me help ya'll who ain't quite inclined to hustlin. Supply and Demand, if the marketplace is willing to pay top dollar, why the ? would I not charge top dollar? This ? ain't about black or white, the facts is, ? don't ? with starbury's like that. Matter of fact, if you buyin shoes from wal-mart, you're goin to get clowned ya'l think ya'll went hard on du about his joints, let a ? hop on here right now with some shoes from walmart and think he fresh, it's all bad.

I got a gang of jordans, and kept most of mine crispy over time, some boxes still got price tags. I got the cool grey 11s in 2001 I believe and they were $125. Inflation has not jumped anywhere near 80% in 15 years, but they slowly raised the price over the years and the demand not only grew, it skyrocketed, so in 2015, they would probably charge $200. I used to be able to be the first one at the store at 5am and I would always be one of the first 10 people, I was buyin just about every retro back then, it was always the same people there at that foot locker and they didn't even have the early open time yet, let alone the raffle. Now, if you're not there overnight for certain releases, you're not getting them. The only time I've ever seen that prior to maybe 2010 was the space jams and I think that was 2000.

Long story long. It's about the brand, and being able to say you got what the next man can't attain. Anybody can get starbury's just like anybody can get an impala, or a decent crib, or fly coach, I don't even know what comes with the sparklers in the club, and I don't drink to even know what the ? taste like, but I do know this. ? follow the sparkles like a moth to the flame. And in the end, that's what it's all about. ? , self esteem, and exclusivity.
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only a few good businessmen in here smh...

Only broke ? complain about ? they want costing too much. If you want it...do what it takes to get it.

OR, buy them WACK ASS Starbury's LMFAO
    The whole "but he gettin money while you ? broke" argument exposes your inner ? . They're are ppl of other races, white, hispanic & asian that are wealthy & are STILL heavily invested in their respective communities. But for some particular reason, ignorant azz negroids like you, cosign rich black celebs turning their back on their own smh. I wish you ? would magically just disappear from planet earth sometimes

So I guess you're helping your community by typing this ? right?

IF, notice the CAPITAL IF, I was broke and wanted some J's...I'm not gonna complain about how much they cost. I'm gonna do what it takes to get them J's. That goes for car, house, shirt, boxers, ? even advanced degrees.

I'm gonna assume you a grown man so how can you feel like one when you still expect a handout from another grown man?? Most celebs have a craft that they perfected (w/out U) to make money and you still think they owe your broke ass anything? Not cosigning...just not sitting with my hand out.
    Youz a dumb azz ? . Not just internet dumb, but like ignorant set my ppl back in real life dumb. First off, we already know ur ignorant ? talking points like "aint no handouts", "I'm gettin $$$ & y'all ? broke". Stupid ? look like the real life Riley Freeman smh

Secondly, black folks ain't asking MJ for no ? handouts ? . The black community MADE MJ into the icon he is. The LEAST thing he can do is release a statement saying he doesn't want any violence connected to his brand. A STATEMENT. You so focused on bragging on money you prolly don't have, you didn't even read my post. We don't want MJ's money

Third, youz a ? ? . Just because some of us are aware of the pitfalls our ppl face don't make someone broke. ? like you are why black folks can't move forward. You're poorly educated, with no sense of self.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

D0wn wrote: »
    S2J wrote: »
    There are certain debates that make a lot of sense when you're say, 20

Then you hit 30 and its like....wait, that doesnt make ANY ? sense

Did that 30k car you got cost 30k to make?

You buy a 200k house and put 50k of sweat equity into it turn it into a gem...you sellin it for 250k? Lls

Big examples to small. Was just in Vegas dude sellin water for $1. He probably bought a pack of 20 for $5. Should he be sellin em for 25 cents bc 'thats what it cost to get/make'?

Cmon people. Smarten up. This is a child's argument

u really compare buying a house to sneakers?
    once u buy a sneaker n wear it, the value goes down.. a house is an investment and can be passed down..

a car is also an investment... in terms of what it means of getting from point a to b... if u wear a sneaker everday for a year , your gonna have to replace it... cause of how worn it will become.. some investment.
    ppl are buying 300 sneakers just for the name n logo.

Buying a car is NOT an investment llls So sad. Anyone with a brain would tell you a car depreciates in value the second you drive it off the lot

And Im a lil disappointed and quite frankly embarrassed that you couldn't digest that vey straight forward example: Nothing IN LIFE, in business, do you sell for the same cost you make it. Thats pretty ? straight forward.

The easiest way for you to digest that is examples of other clothes, handbags, jewelry, but it works for ANYTHING. The ? sellin ribs on the side of the road, those ribs didnt cost him $10 per plate to make. I mean how do you not understand that point, are you slow?

mode of transportation is not an investment????

No!! Llls wtf.
    4tOAa7J.jpg

LtY3IeB.jpg

• yellowtapesport
    edited October 2015
    Options

Only broke ? complain about ? they want costing too much. If you want it...do what it takes to get it.

The whole "but he gettin money while you ? broke" argument exposes your inner ? . They're are ppl of other races, white, hispanic & asian that are wealthy & are STILL heavily invested in their respective communities. But for some particular reason, ignorant azz negroids like you, cosign rich black celebs turning their back on their own smh. I wish you ? would magically just disappear from planet earth sometimes

IF, notice the CAPITAL IF, I was broke and wanted some J's...I'm not gonna complain about how much they cost. I'm gonna do what it takes to get them J's. That goes for car, house, shirt, boxers, ? even advanced degrees.

I'm gonna assume you a grown man so how can you feel like one when you still expect a handout from another grown man?? Most celebs have a craft that they perfected (w/out U) to make money and you still think they owe your broke ass anything? Not cosigning...just not sitting with my hand out.
    Youz a dumb azz ? . Not just internet dumb, but like ignorant set my ppl back in real life dumb. First off, we already know ur ignorant ? talking points like "aint no handouts", "I'm gettin $$$ & y'all ? broke". Stupid ? look like the real life Riley Freeman smh

Secondly, black folks ain't asking MJ for no ? handouts ? . The black community MADE MJ into the icon he is. The LEAST thing he can do is release a statement saying he doesn't want any violence connected to his brand. A STATEMENT. You so focused on bragging on money you prolly don't have, you didn't even read my post. We don't want MJ's money

Third, youz a ? ? . Just because some of us are aware of the pitfalls our ppl face don't make someone broke. ? like you are why black folks can't move forward. You're poorly educated, with no sense of self.

You typed alot but said NOTHING. My point was MJ don't even owe you that STATEMENT you so salty about.
    @ the bolded MJ made MJ what he is. The black community may have helped but I'm sure PRACTICE and COMMITMENT had more to do with it. Go back and read your statement. I bolded the ? ..and ? you did say I'm cosigning rich black celebs turning their back on their own...i.e. you're waiting for a handout.

? ? and wear your PRO KEDS in SILENCE.
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint readi

You buy a 200k house and put 50k of sweat equity into it turn it into a gem...you sellin it for 250k? Lls

Big examples to small. Was just in Vegas dude sellin water for $1. He probably bought a pack of 20 for $5. Should he be sellin em for 25 cents bc 'thats what it cost to get/make'?

once u buy a sneaker n wear it, the value goes down.. a house is an investment and can be passed down..

a car is also an investment... in terms of what it means of getting from point a to b... if u wear a sneaker everday for a year , your gonna have to replace it... cause of how worn it will become.. some investment.

Buying a car is NOT an investment llls So sad. Anyone with a brain would tell you a car depreciates in value the second you drive it off the lot

And Im a lil disappointed and quite frankly embarrassed that you couldn't digest that vey straight forward example: Nothing IN LIFE, in business, do you sell for the same cost you make it. Thats pretty ? straight forward.

The easiest way for you to digest that is examples of other clothes, handbags, jewelry, but it works for ANYTHING. The ? sellin ribs on the side of the road, those ribs didnt cost him $10 per plate to make. I mean how do you not understand that point, are you slow?

No!! Llls wtf.
    4tOAa7J.jpg

LtY3IeB.jpg

Maybe not an investment in the strict.academic sense, but it is an investment in the fact that in 99percent of this nation, without a car u pretty stationary

Ur personal radius appreciates when u invest in a car, to make it technical lol
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Aint readi

No!! Llls wtf.
    4tOAa7J.jpg

LtY3IeB.jpg

Maybe not an investment in the strict.academic sense, but it is an investment in the fact that in 99percent of this nation, without a car u pretty stationary

WHAT THE ? DO U ? BE TALKIN BOUT???
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wack! Go at Jordan for investing in private prisons, not selling his shoe for whatever price point he feels is best. If the people will buy it at $200+, why not sell it for that much? It's called supply and demand.

And the argument about kids killing each other over Jordans is trash. If not Jordans, it would be something else. They're "killing each other" over valuable items, so to single out Jordans is ridiculous.

Let's talk about the mind state these people are in, who commit such silly crimes. Let's work on fixing the root cause, not some surface ? .
    Sounds alot like "black lives matter? We SHOULD be talking about black on black crime". ? just change the subject as if what they about to say is so important

The #1 consumer of Air Jordan's shoes is BLACK PEOPLE. If you selling shoes to the black community & see them murdering each other over YOUR product, the least a ? could do is release a statement saying "we don't condone any senseless acts of violence over our product". That's it. But he won't because a) Jordan only sees $$$ and b) doesn't give 2 ? about his ppl anyway. So in other words "let them ? keep killing each other".

Is this true? I see A LOT of non blacks in Jordans...
    I see more Latinos rocking Jordans more nowadays .To me it's like how many times can i buy the same shoe over and over and over again its seems like it's more redundant if anything.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Aint readi

No!! Llls wtf.
    4tOAa7J.jpg

LtY3IeB.jpg

giphy.gif
  • blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You typed alot but said NOTHING. My point was MJ don't even owe you that STATEMENT you so salty about.
    @ the bolded MJ made MJ what he is. The black community may have helped but I'm sure PRACTICE and COMMITMENT had more to do with it. Go back and read your statement. I bolded the ? ..and ? you did say I'm cosigning rich black celebs turning their back on their own...i.e. you're waiting for a handout.

Any insult coming from a self admitted, penny hustlin, tap dancing ? ? don't register to me.

I wanna see my ppl do better and stop building up these black celebs who become icons, then ? on they own ppl smh. To a idiot like you they "just gettin paper". To me they sell outs. House ? is winning in 2015 smh
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ive seen a ? hoop in those. He said he had them for about a week and they literally split in half. He was running up the court next thing you know one shoe was gone.
    We roasted that ? for days!

Ill take Nike basketball shoes for $100
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Ive seen a ? hoop in those. He said he had them for about a week and they literally split in half. He was running up the court next thing you know one shoe was gone.

? ...they STILL cost $5 to make! So you still in the same boat

? man Lmao
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    STARBURY GOT THE HOOD ON SMASH!!!!!
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If these new Starburys have some good insoles, I would buy them. The ones I had would give me blisters after hooping in them.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? ...they STILL cost $5 to make! So you still in the same boat

? man Lmao

915.gif
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I mean i know theres sum ? who ? over Jordans. Or is that ? over blown? Cuz i swear i aint never heard of anyone in real life this has happened to..
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Killed? No but I know a couple cats who were robbed
  • harry knucklez
    harry knucklez Members Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Never owned a pair of Jordans, never cared to.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Killer Mike had this on his Twitter the other day

2n1yj3d.jpg

HWT-Strange-Fruit.jpg

Strange fruit indeed.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    Killer Mike had this on his Twitter the other day

2n1yj3d.jpg

HWT-Strange-Fruit.jpg

Strange fruit indeed.

wow ? can't play basket ball no more?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cars can be an investment but we're talking about classics or highly sought after cars (like the supra due to fast and the furious) and not your 2016 fuccboi kia. Also I'm not sure why your investment would be your daily driver. so maintenance shouldn't be an issue and with classic insurance payment would be lik $5-$20 a month.
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    why is everybody all a sudden a responsible investor ... GTFOH !

Splurge on whatever TF you want.

I spent 2G's on a TV stand at Design Within Reach because I wanted a nice quality piece in my living room.
    IDGF.

• Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? intelligence lvl is lower than yamchas power lvl
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? got the iq of a doughnut