10/10/15-20 Year Anniversary of The Million Man March: You Going?

Options

Comments

• tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Yes im still going. If you guys have the means and access i advise you go. So much ? done happened to me in last month. My job tripping about my days off. Ceiling fell in from an AC pan leak and insurance didnt cover it had to go into emergency fund to pay it. Car battery died. Brakes put on yesterday. Kids school fees. ATM machine failed to dispense $200 and it takes 90 days to review case for possible refund. Texas August electricity bill higher than truck payment and still gotta save for holidays. I got legit grown man reasons why I shouldnt go to the march but to you BLACK MEN. not ? , whiteboys, halfbreeds or women. BLACK MEN its time to stand up. Only way im not im DC saturday morning is if im dead and cremated. Its that ? serious

If you dont want to partcipate for your own personal reasons, cool, but some of you men have young children, some of you men are married, some of you men got dead homies and ? behind the wall, some of you men got sick relatives. If you not going go for yourself at least go in spirit of someone who really cant go. Cause if you an able bodied black man that can get in and out of bed, feed yourself and communicate properly your black ass need to be in DC on saturday. Trust me. The world will be shocked saturday morning. Your woman, your children, and your parents will give you a side eye of dishonor and cowardice for not being out there with us.

? the skeptics and naysayers. History will be made. Maximus Rex sound just like Alex Jones with all them scary ass strawman points about farrakhan and not going. Oh yeah infowars is the place where you ? get all your GNS know it all material from. While we in DC on the front lines, making history 4 million deep, black as ? , loud as ? , standing the ? up united and ready for WHATEVER like the world has never seen these marshmellow spined, jelly kneed, ensure bladder ass ? gonna be on here SITTING DOWN saying the SAME ? OVER AND OVER like how they say marches and protests are. go ? figure.

desktop-1438959425.jpg

*Jada helm, CERTS see i told yall
    *wot about black on black crime
    *march for wat? lets buy a building
    *that black boy needs a father in his home
    *watch out for feminism and ? agenda
    *smh, ? , ? cacs, somebody needs to....
    *im a alpha male, i read 48 laws of power, i ? dimes even though i never posted a pic of a woman b4

• skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    i wanted to go in '95 so i wont miss it in '15. im taking my daughter and wife with me
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes

Look forward to seeing y'all there.

I heard there's a KRS-1/Common concert on Friday night.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    What is the iteneriry? What events are planned?
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    b
    i ro ny wrote: »
    Look forward to seeing y'all there.

I heard there's a KRS-1/Common concert on Friday night.

Oh word? Was debating whether to come up friday night or saturday afternoon. Not sure of event plans
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Are they going to show this on c span because I can't make it unfortunately
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    So who gon be out there and what night spots should be poppin?
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    So who gon be out there and what night spots should be poppin?

Came here to ask this. I ain't heard ? bout no MMM after parties lol but I'm sure it's something going on somewhere esp after that washed out homecoming weekend
  • Catalyst2012
    Catalyst2012 Members Posts: 77 ✭✭
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    Im debating on whether or not to go. I never paid it much attention until now. But, I'll admit seeing some of these post made me feel like I "MUST" be there.
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I kind of want to go. I have the utmost respect for the minister and the cause. But I'm busy, and I don't like huge crowds, anyway. More power to those who go though.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    I cant call it on the night spots. Dunno if everything will b jumpin or if the ratios will just be ridiculously thrown off

If you're a newby and want the traditional poppin spots:

Park at 14th: Friday and Saturday night
    Ozio: Friday
    Rosebar: Friday
    If you're doing the march early and outta there early, the 'day' parties start at 4pm. Ozio best option, Rosebar 2nd

Sunday day party: Barcode, Gryphon, and or Cities

If u wanna post up and have a plethora of mixed crowd options hit 14th & U, cant go wrong.

Ratchet: Layla lounge or Lux
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No
    I'll go to the next one when I'm old as hell.

Not going just because I used my vacation week for another.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    when does it start ? i hear its from 10-3

Farahkhan is 82......................................... the next one huh?

• Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    4 million deep

bruh why you keep saying 4 million people, they're not getting 4 ? million. Get Real with those fantasy expectations damn. This march hasn't had half the media exposure of the original march....i forgot about it lol....which is saying something in this era imho.

there's gonna be like a couple hundred thousand ppl at this thing......at the most.....sorta like every other march they have in D.C every other week. That's how it was when I went to the Million Family March. Getting people out on the Mall ain't hard. So i don't wanna hear ya'll ? gassing this ? up as "10 MILLION PEOPLE SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!" just to justify ya'll vacation expenses. Everybody that spend money to travel to a D.C march always try to tell me its gonna spark a REVOLUTION. ? , stop bullshitting me.
    D0wn wrote: »

yeah too bad he just as paranoid about viable successors as Elijah was......

I feel like I'm borderline done with Farrakhan. Associating with Scientology devils is damn near unforgivable and I will ? laugh if any of ya'll get handed a Dianetics pamphlet this weekend. Black Unity is needed and those old classic speech moments on Big Daddy Kane records were great but I don't put much stock in Farrakhan's empty rallying cries and vague threats anymore. Justice or Else? Or else what? The days where Malcolm X had them all outside the police station ain't happening no more, clearly. The FOI never been big on guns, right? I see no widespread attempt to arm black people and organize them for self-defense either. Man whatever.

imho Farrakhan is in this for himself, ultimately. I don't doubt his love for Black People....but he probably believes that whatever's best for him is best for black people.

I'll keep buying my Bean Pies if it makes ya'll feel any better tho.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    So wassup we live!?
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Yes
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    4 million deep

bruh why you keep saying 4 million people, they're not getting 4 ? million. Get Real with those fantasy expectations damn. This march hasn't had half the media exposure of the original march....i forgot about it lol....which is saying something in this era imho.

there's gonna be like a couple hundred thousand ppl at this thing......at the most.....sorta like every other march they have in D.C every other week. That's how it was when I went to the Million Family March. Getting people out on the Mall ain't hard. So i don't wanna hear ya'll ? gassing this ? up as "10 MILLION PEOPLE SHOWED UP!!!!!!!!" just to justify ya'll vacation expenses. Everybody that spend money to travel to a D.C march always try to tell me its gonna spark a REVOLUTION. ? , stop bullshitting me.
    D0wn wrote: »

yeah too bad he just as paranoid about viable successors as Elijah was......

I feel like I'm borderline done with Farrakhan. Associating with Scientology devils is damn near unforgivable and I will ? laugh if any of ya'll get handed a Dianetics pamphlet this weekend. Black Unity is needed and those old classic speech moments on Big Daddy Kane records were great but I don't put much stock in Farrakhan's empty rallying cries and vague threats anymore. Justice or Else? Or else what? The days where Malcolm X had them all outside the police station ain't happening no more, clearly. The FOI never been big on guns, right? I see no widespread attempt to arm black people and organize them for self-defense either. Man whatever.

imho Farrakhan is in this for himself, ultimately. I don't doubt his love for Black People....but he probably believes that whatever's best for him is best for black people.

I'll keep buying my Bean Pies if it makes ya'll feel any better tho.

Sounds like a fox news report
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Be safe y'all

Much Love
  • Lurkristocrat
    Options
    Not Sure Yet
    Who tryna link at a lounge or some ? tonight!?
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Yes
    Who tryna link at a lounge or some ? tonight!?

RoseBar tomorrow night
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Bout to head that way later today
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I cant call it on the night spots. Dunno if everything will b jumpin or if the ratios will just be ridiculously thrown off

If you're doing the march early and outta there early, the 'day' parties start at 4pm. Ozio best option, Rosebar 2nd

If u wanna post up and have a plethora of mixed crowd options hit 14th & U, cant go wrong.

SMH it's gonna be a damn sausage fest this weekend. Clubs are going to be from minimum to none.

Also I forgot the Taste of DC festival is this weekend.
  • yellowtapesport
    Options
    Yes
    1CK1S wrote: »

SMH it's gonna be a damn sausage fest this weekend. Clubs are going to be from minimum to none.

When the ? u EVER been to any of the clubs/bars listed and it been a sausage fest? FOH
    It's also Bowie State Homecoming

? will be out off the strength its possibly a million men in town
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1CK1S wrote: »

When the ? u EVER been to any of the clubs/bars listed and it been a sausage fest? FOH
    It's also Bowie State Homecoming

? will be out off the strength its possibly a million men in town

It never has, but on a weekend like this... that sh-t is highly likely.

And dude a Bowie State homecoming isn't shutting the DC down, Southern MD... yes.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yes
    Eeeh idk. Since these are lounges and not
    clubs they not built for this.