Big Boi Gives Young Thug The OutKast Co-Sign

12346»

Comments

• Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    lol @ detriment to music. Man sit down somewhere.

Is he helping with the progression? Or is he encouraging more whack ? to give it a shot?

You a smart dude. Don't justify fuckery
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Like Water wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    bck145 wrote: »
    prince gets away with it because a majority of people like his music...thug doesn't because he makes generic music

Prince wore high heels with his butt cheeks hanging out in the back b.

and obviously got away with it...thug obviously can't because ppl are clowning him for it

think of it as winning in the nfl...if you win people will overlook the bad things, thugs not winning so obviously he can't get away with it

He's not winning because a bunch of virgins on a hip hop board say so?

no the lack of interest for his music outside of the virgins on the hip hop boards who want so bad for his music to be relevant do

? Outta here. Thugger the third hottest rapper out the A right now after Future and Quentin Miller. And he's only 23, he hasn't come close to reaching his plateu yet. He's just getting started.

Yeah, because ? like you can't see past your own noses and realize the muthafucka's music is detrimental to the genre as a whole. All he does is cater to the lowest group of people, and ? that should know better eat it up and regurgitate it until it somehow gains a following that it never should have had in the first place.

You endorse ? and that's what you shall receive. Y'all ? have fun defending this ? . I've said my peace.

Ok so if Thug's music was classified as something else then would that calm y'all down?

Just think of him as an R&B/Rap mixture that isn't exactly either one.

That way he shouldn't be disrespecting your precious image of hip-hop anymore right?

You're a smart person until this topic rears it's ugly head, then it seems you become purposely obtuse. Smh. Why is that?

I think his sing-song rap style throws some people off but that style is a staple in reggae/calypso/soca and Thug is from the islands. My family is too and I grew up on island music so his style isn't off-putting at all to me

Very slept on point right here. I listen to Thug and Future the same way I would listen to Vybz or any other reggae cat. The melodies and flows are very identical. ? are just stuck to listening to one type of rap muzik. And on the real, both Future and Thugga are lyrical.
    False. I listen to reggae hard. From dancehall to culture. And they don't sound nothing like this ? . Most reggae artist have a message in their music. What is this dude message? Where is the evolution in his music like @like_water said this ? is a detriment to music. How long he been in the game and his subject matter is still the same.

And don't ever call compare this ? to Kartel. Cause before he was the bleacher he was Addi the teacher.

This post was a bunch of feelings. We're talking about actual similarities in vocal cadence and flow and you're talking about message.

A message is subjective. Apparently y'all despise the ? just because he doesn't fit into a hip-hop box, so you have no grounds at all to speak on what message Thug may or may not have in his music considering you don't listen to it for comprehension
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator

Is he helping with the progression? Or is he encouraging more whack ? to give it a shot?

Lol, if you asked me a year or 2 ago, I hated Thug more than all yall ? lol He was a flamboyant dressing mf dissing my favorite rapper, I was the first ? on here to diss him. It wasn't until I was listening to the T.I album and heard the joint he did with Thug ( about the money) , that I had to be honest and admit the ? killed that joint. I went back and listened to his solo and rich gang ? and surprisingly he makes good music.

Is he your traditional MC like Pun and Big L? Nah, but when it comes to being musically artistic , he does it to a level they could never do. You don't have to metaphors and bars to be lyrical. If you listen to his music, you'll notice he (and future) uses his voice like an instrument, anytime the beat changes he changes his tone,flow,etc. That's why Wayne is my favorite rapper , cuz he's one of if not the first to really master that.

With that said, there's ? on here who still don't realize how dope wayne is, so I know mfs aint gonna give young thug a chance lol.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Young Thug makes good music imo. I could care less about the extra ? . Barter 6 was good and Slime Season is fire. I never the progression ? . Its either you entertain or you dont.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    thugs flow sounds like wayne when he dropped off mixed with generic migos, his singing is a mixture of a baby learning to talk mixed with a disgruntled old man on his porch yelling at kids for riding their bikes on his yard

it's not like dude out here hitting notes....its cool to be unique and all but being unique doesn't make it good....he may be unique but it's not like it's in a good way
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

Lol, if you asked me a year or 2 ago, I hated Thug more than all yall ? lol He was a flamboyant dressing mf dissing my favorite rapper, I was the first ? on here to diss him. It wasn't until I was listening to the T.I album and heard the joint he did with Thug ( about the money) , that I had to be honest and admit the ? killed that joint. I went back and listened to his solo and rich gang ? and surprisingly he makes good music.

Is he your traditional MC like Pun and Big L? Nah, but when it comes to being musically artistic , he does it to a level they could never do. You don't have to metaphors and bars to be lyrical. If you listen to his music, you'll notice he (and future) uses his voice like an instrument, anytime the beat changes he changes his tone,flow,etc. That's why Wayne is my favorite rapper , cuz he's one of if not the first to really master that.

With that said, there's ? on here who still don't realize how dope wayne is, so I know mfs aint gonna give young thug a chance lol.

I disagree with the last portion of this. I'd say about 90% of this board know how dope Wayne is/was -- which is why so many of us don't like what he's become. He's shown what he's capable of, (Ded 2, Carters 1,2, Drought 3, NC) and hasn't lived up to those releases for quite some time.

From what I've heard of his infatuated acolyte, he hasn't come within a 100 yard grasp of any of those projects listed above. Yet the ? has completely jacked Wayne's style and nobody seems to notice/care. Not to mention, he's made it even worse by sounding like a cat that's getting his tail pulled. And that's acceptable to y'all? Okay. If you say so.

The defenses you guys are using don't resonate with me. The comparisons are way off base and downright false. I've even warmed up to some of Future's music, but this ? ? Nah bruh. No dice.
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the kind of co signs new yorkers should be trying to give their own kind instead of trying to sign white boys like puffy or pop acts like Jay Z. This is why the south momentum in hip hop wont slow down for another 20 years.
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    These are the kind of co signs new yorkers should be trying to give their own kind instead of trying to sign white boys like puffy or pop acts like Jay Z. This is why the south momentum in hip hop wont slow down for another 20 years.

not sure how that's true....if it's southern doesn't make it bad, bad art makes it bad, just seems like the southern ppl cosign a bunch of wack artists

don trip has one the best albums of 2015 imo...he's not doing this corny music though, I used to bump starvation2 all the time as well.....just calling out bad music, doesn't have anything to do with location
  • _Goldie_

I disagree with the last portion of this. I'd say about 90% of this board know how dope Wayne is/was -- which is why so many of us don't like what he's become. He's shown what he's capable of, (Ded 2, Carters 1,2, Drought 3, NC) and hasn't lived up to those releases for quite some time.

From what I've heard of his infatuated acolyte, he hasn't come within a 100 yard grasp of any of those projects listed above. Yet the ? has completely jacked Wayne's style and nobody seems to notice/care. Not to mention, he's made it even worse by sounding like a cat that's getting his tail pulled. And that's acceptable to y'all? Okay. If you say so.

The defenses you guys are using don't resonate with me. The comparisons are way off base and downright false. I've even warmed up to some of Future's music, but this ? ? Nah bruh. No dice.

I think everybody including Thug has acknowledged he's heavily influenced by Wayne, but he still has his own style imo. lol @ the dyin cat, that ? be dope b lol

As far as Wayne goes, I think some people on here knows that he's dope, but I don't think people realize how much he contributed to the game and how crazy the run he had was. ? was nearly a decade, and the ? who took his spot is his protégé lol . I admit he fell off for a min, but I say for about a year or so he's been back to spittin at a high level. Sorry for the wait 2 was dope af imo, "Hollyweezy" "selsun Blue" , he came with bars on that ? . Then he dropped the worst album he ever made with the free weezy album, he was spittin dope there too, but the production was terrible on some Eminem style pop ? . If he gets back in the booth with Mannie on the boards, I think he'll drop something to rival the projects u mentioned.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luther was ? Prince was bi and dressed like a pirate teddy p ? trannies all made great music. Thug makes music a lot of folk like the end.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Luther was ? Prince was bi and dressed like a pirate teddy p ? trannies all made great music. Thug makes music a lot of folk like the end.

Not gonna get into this much but what do those 3 artist have in common that separates them from YT?
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stew wrote: »

Not gonna get into this much but what do those 3 artist have in common that separates them from YT?

U wanna go all into semantics. I'm just saying if sexual preferences or way of dress is the all to be all in crediting or discrediting an artist then do it across the board
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Stew wrote: »

U wanna go all into semantics. I'm just saying if sexual preferences or way of dress is the all to be all in crediting or discrediting an artist then do it across the board

lol Im just saying, this Hip Hop thing is a completely different animal when trying compare to such other broad genres like Soul & RnB which is why this is such a big deal and ppl are fired up about it within our cultural. U aint gonna hear nobody from them genres saying anything about it cause they ? aint like that.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He still sucks and still don't sell.

I don't know this is suppose to help him
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH, we really making threads and praising this ? ?
    maxresdefault.jpg
    CBSJ1V_WAAE2tM4.jpg
    This is why I rarely check the reason anymore, or be serious. SMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when we used to joke about rappers like this making it in the game. Back when the south started to take over with all the garbage they was putting out. It's finally came true. Hip hop was good while it lasted!
  • Smokey Tha Bandit
    Smokey Tha Bandit Members Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is ? disgusting and pathetic. Big Boi is ? trippin
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep saying that I'm focused on the music and y'all keep searching for extra pics to post.

Unless it's album art then I don't really care tbh

Another smash. Thug and Tip work well together. I've also noticed tons of other artists sampling Thug's adlibs and putting them on tracks that don't feature Thug at all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClK7qMVL10Y
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I keep saying that I'm focused on the music and y'all keep searching for extra pics to post.

Unless it's album art then I don't really care tbh

Another smash. Thug and Tip work well together. I've also noticed tons of other artists sampling Thug's adlibs and putting them on tracks that don't feature Thug at all
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClK7qMVL10Y

This the main part I dont get. I never seen the vast majority of these pictures. I dont search for pictures of dude...I dont care I just fck with some of his songs. Its music what people hear. The people who "dont like" dude are the ones who spend the most time and energy searching and analyzing him. Dont make no sense.

• MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://scontent-iad3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/12072630_10153634954161000_5413545705400668176_n.png?efg=eyJpIjoibCJ9&oh=aede1aa457f252a17cf55a1316afd7fa&oe=569A6804[/img]
  • ny_1994
    ny_1994 Members Posts: 5
  • ny_1994
    ny_1994 Members Posts: 5
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Slime Season >> Barter 6 and Barter 6 was a good album,l. Young Thug put in work this year minus some of the ? sdouble entendres" imma skeet and my ? gonna catch it" wtf?
  • _Goldie_
    lol he said "Ima skeet off, lil ? catch me (car peels off in the bg)"