B.O.W. Vol. 8: 1992-98 HBK vs 2002-10 HBK

2»

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2002-2012 HBK
    wats yall thoughts on the ironman match?

Classic. No stupid falls or stupid spots, it told a great story and had an awesome finish. It was wrestled like a Ric Flair vs Sting match.

Iron Man matches are plagued with stupid falls. People losing to moves they would never lose to, taking unnecessary losses.
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2015
    1992-1998 HBK
    HHH vs Rock Ironman
    HHH vs Beniot Ironman (Easily top 3 match ever on RAW)
    Both were more entertaining than HBK vs Bret in a "sports entertainment" sense, but both also had fuckery endings, HBK vs Bret had the best ending, the HBK and Bret stare down at the beginning was legendary, that Ironman match felt like a real wrestling match, it didn't feel like "Sports Entertainment", that's why it's considered the best match of the 90s, plus it was on the biggest stage of all...

Bret-Shawn-1.jpeg
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2002-2012 HBK
    jono wrote: »
    wats yall thoughts on the ironman match?

Classic. No stupid falls or stupid spots, it told a great story and had an awesome finish. It was wrestled like a Ric Flair vs Sting match.

Iron Man matches are plagued with stupid falls. People losing to moves they would never lose to, taking unnecessary losses.

i feel u, i just felt like it slowed down too much, like if ever there was a match to complain about "rest holds" it was that one imo. almost like they were stalling at times
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    2002-2012 HBK
    ironman matches shol do be the matches where someone finally takes a fall to another guys third or secondary move tho, like "OH NOW that ? is enough to win all of a sudden smh"
  • jono
    2002-2012 HBK
    The Rock got beat by a sleeper and the deciding fall was a DQ that HHH vs Rock match was a waste of time. Their strap match was better anyway.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited September 2015
    1992-1998 HBK
    This one is tooough. Both had great feuds and matches. 90's Shawn was more entertaining as far as character goes...probably because he was drugged out of his mind but on the mic and his charisma he was better beforehand. The 00's HBK was boring at times and sometimes corny when trying to be funny. Match quality-wise, though, 00's Shawn is where it's at.... BUT that may be because he had more and different talent to work with than he did before he came back. I think jono said it though his psychology was off the chain in his later years. And the tricks, the cockiness, the showboating... all that ? gets old. having matches that are great stories being told in ring never gets old.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    1992-1998 HBK
    Having said that, as far as total package I'd go early Shawn.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    HBK vs Bret at Mania 12 was CLASSIC no ? pin falls only thing I hate is my ? Bret lost
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1992-1998 HBK
    Who is that random ? with hbk?

I bought a HBk DVD for $4 a week ago
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • jono
    2002-2012 HBK
    Max. wrote: »
    Who is that random ? with hbk?

I bought a HBk DVD for $4 a week ago

Jose Lothario. He trained him and for a few months he was his manager.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ironman matches shol do be the matches where someone finally takes a fall to another guys third or secondary move tho, like "OH NOW that ? is enough to win all of a sudden smh"

Ring psychology is that as fatigue sets in, less does more.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    2002-2012 HBK
    if thats the case there shouldnt be as many kickouts of finishers lol
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both had different impacts in each wwe area. I liked Michaels when he was just starting out & he only got bettet with time. I can't pick
  • Trill Gate$
    Trill Gate$ Members Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    This was tough. HBK had to kinda reinvent himself when we decided to go back to WWE full time after summerslam 2002. He only had one world title reign and it only lasted a month. But he had some classic matches and helped make the stats of today (Orton, cena)

I read that the reason he wasn't champion more is because he didn't want that responsibility. Vince wanted to put the ? him a couple different times, one of them being at WM 23 vs Cena.