A new era of Computing: Surface Pro 4 and Surface Book (10/6 Microsoft Event)

Options
2»

Comments

• The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Windows 8 was garbage on laptops touch or otherwise. Windows 8.1 was better, but it was still more suited for tablets. Windows 10 has kinda swung in the opposite direction. It's better suited for laptops. I'm not sure why anyone who loved Windows 7 would hate Windows 10. You can essentially use Windows 10 in the same exact way as Windows 7 if that's what you want to do. That said, I'm pretty sure if you have Windows 10 on a system, Microsoft lets you downgrade to any previous OS for free if that's what you want.
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Windows 8 was garbage on laptops touch or otherwise. Windows 8.1 was better, but it was still more suited for tablets. Windows 10 has kinda swung in the opposite direction. It's better suited for laptops. I'm not sure why anyone who loved Windows 7 would hate Windows 10. You can essentially use Windows 10 in the same exact way as Windows 7 if that's what you want to do. That said, I'm pretty sure if you have Windows 10 on a system, Microsoft lets you downgrade to any previous OS for free if that's what you want.

My exact sentiments. I love Windows 10. I had to shortly deal with 8.1 when I had my custom laptop put together and I was disgusted coming from Windows 7.