11 years ago San Andreas hit the PS2

genocidecutter
genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
San-Andreas-grand-theft-auto-544449_736_512.jpg
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is an open world action-adventure video game developed by Rockstar North and published by Rockstar Games. It was released on 26 October 2004 for the PlayStation 2 console, and on 7 June 2005 for Microsoft Windows and Xbox. It is the seventh title in the Grand Theft Auto series, and the first main entry since 2002's Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. It was released on the same day as the handheld game Grand Theft Auto Advance.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is played from a third-person perspective in an open world environment, allowing the player to interact with the game world at their leisure. The game is set within the fictional U.S. state of San Andreas, which is heavily based on California and Nevada. The state of San Andreas consists of three metropolitan cities: Los Santos, based on Los Angeles; San Fierro, based on San Francisco; and Las Venturas, based on Las Vegas. The single-player story follows Carl "CJ" Johnson, who returns home to Los Santos after learning of his mother's murder. CJ finds his old friends and family in disarray, and over the course of the game he attempts to re-establish his old gang, clashes with corrupt cops, and gradually unravels the truth behind his mother's murder. The plot is based on multiple real-life events in Los Angeles, including the rivalry between the Bloods and Crips street gangs, the 1980s ? epidemic, the LAPD Rampart scandal, and the 1992 Los Angeles riots.

Upon its release, the game was acclaimed by many reviewers who praised the music, story and gameplay. It became the best-selling video game of 2004, and has sold over 27 million copies; it remains the best-selling PlayStation 2 game of all time. The game, like its predecessors, is cited as a landmark in video games for its far-reaching influence within the industry. The violence and sexual content of San Andreas has been the source of public concern and controversy. In particular, a player-made software patch, dubbed the "Hot Coffee mod", unlocked a previously hidden sexual mini-game.

The next main entry in the series, Grand Theft Auto IV, was released on 29 April 2008 to critical acclaim. San Andreas has been ported to various other platforms and services, such as OS X, Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation Network and mobile devices (iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Amazon Kindle). In October 2014, the game was taken off the Xbox Live Store. It was later announced that the game would be re-released and enhanced to celebrate the 10th anniversary.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNSNTYR12M

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they go remaster this with online interaction
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SELASI_i wrote: »
    They gotta bring this one back. Dopest game ever on some G ? .

What?
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still playing this. It's the best gta game so far. It's the ultimate sandbox experience,the true definition of a game within a game. I just beat that air raid decommission for the first time yesterday. I'm just now learning that you can catch a flight from San fierro to los Santos and vice versa before the st marks bistro mission.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gh0st wrote: »
    man i lost 2 controllers to that ? flight school smh

Lmao damn bruh. I had a hardass time n/h, but not that bad. HahAa
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Flight school was hard but doable, I don't think I ever fully completed the driving school though
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The PC version is still quite active online
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭

Think I only had a hard time on the parts where you had to move through them rings with the helicopter in a certain amount of time. The hardest part for me was that RC airplane mission for that nerd. I had to peep a walk through on how to get back to the spot with enough fuel to land
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. see I never had a problem with the flight school. Actually had got all gold. Probably due to playing other flight Sims like air/ace combat before. *shrug*

But ? zero and that got damn RC plane ? ass mission.
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still playing this. It's the best gta game so far. It's the ultimate sandbox experience,the true definition of a game within a game. I just beat that air raid decommission for the first time yesterday. I'm just now learning that you can catch a flight from San fierro to los Santos and vice versa before the st marks bistro mission.

I agree that it is the best GTA game to date due to how many things you can customize. They gotta make one that is similar to this again in the future.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karl. wrote: »
    Are you going to make a 12 year anniversary thread next year?

I had xbox , so its ten years for me...
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flight school was easy but cosign on that rc plane. The ? was they thinking?
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    sooo much fun, i got this junior year of hs, some classmates got it a few days b4 i did n i had to wait til pay day which was basically halloween but it was well worth it. a while later b4 i got to finish the game it got stolen smfh

and yea the plane mission gave me hell too lol
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol I remember when white folk had a fit when CJ was first revealed. lol. Every game forum had them saying the game was going to be the worst GTA EVER and that the franchise was tainted and other racist ? .

11 years later it's (still) considered the best/most favorable GTA to date.
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aka40Cal wrote: »
    I have the funniest story behind this game. Me and my cousin both had an Xbox and we were so hyped that this game had finally dropped for the console. So finally my cousin had some money to buy the game. We hit up the local flea market and we see the game. Now im all hype and whatnot because I can just borrow the game whenever I wanted, I can finally get to play San Andreas. My cousin is getting ready to buy the game now but just as we look and see it my cousin sees the 50 Cent: Bulletproof. This guy ultimately chose 50 Cent: Bulletproof > GTA San Andreas. When my cousin gave the dude his money and received Bulletproof I just stood there like

f.gif

I would've smacked him for that ? on gp