Trendz of Culture....Valley of tha Skinz

blatalian
blatalian Members Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in The Reason
https://youtu.be/RoSPNjjLNeE

Traded one of my ? Das Efx 1st album for this album when I was younger lol...used to love this track...I still watch tha video regularly...

Comments

• PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They did a track with Method man before he was in Wutang called "Who got my back." ? is dope. What ever happened to Trendz of Culture? They just did one album.
  • skpjr78
    skpjr78 Members Posts: 7,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? was a banger. totally forget about this ? . cant go wrong with the roy ayers sample
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @blatalian I posted this a week and a half ago on one of my daily throwback drops, but hey keep it going
  • blatalian
    LOL @blatalian I posted this a week and a half ago on one of my daily throwback drops, but hey keep it going

Lol...my bad bro...didn't see it
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo, this ? was dope....I been looking over older rap charts, and was shocked that these cats were #1 for a week or two...I didnt think this song was that big.....I brought a couple cats back with a chart that I posted from early 93, so here's another one:

OCTOBER 30, 1993

1Valley Of The Skinz
    Trends Of Culture

2 What's Next?
    Leaders Of The New School

3 Shifftee
    Onyx

4 Stay Real
    Erick Sermon

5 Let Me Ride
    Dr. Dre

6 Recipe Of A Hoe
    Boss

7 Soul By The Pound
    Common Sense

8 Outta Here
    KRS-One

9 Flow Joe
    Fat Joe

10 We Getz Buzy
    Illegal

11 Paint The White House Black
    George Clinton

12 Make Room
    Tha Alkaholiks

13 Shoop
    Salt-N-Pepa

14 Mash Up The Mic
    Private Investigators

15 Nickel Bags
    Digable Planets

• blatalian
    a_list wrote: »
    Yo, this ? was dope....I been looking over older rap charts, and was shocked that these cats were #1 for a week or two...I didnt think this song was that big.....I brought a couple cats back with a chart that I posted from early 93, so here's another one:

OCTOBER 30, 1993

1Valley Of The Skinz
    Trends Of Culture

2 What's Next?
    Leaders Of The New School

3 Shifftee
    Onyx

4 Stay Real
    Erick Sermon

5 Let Me Ride
    Dr. Dre

6 Recipe Of A Hoe
    Boss

7 Soul By The Pound
    Common Sense

8 Outta Here
    KRS-One

9 Flow Joe
    Fat Joe

10 We Getz Buzy
    Illegal

11 Paint The White House Black
    George Clinton

12 Make Room
    Tha Alkaholiks

13 Shoop
    Salt-N-Pepa

14 Mash Up The Mic
    Private Investigators

15 Nickel Bags
    Digable Planets

I copied Illegal, Shyheim, Da Youngstaz, Chi Ali and Da Wascals videos to my clipboard today because I was gonna drop a 90's edition "Kidz Bop" thread at some point...I also had Soul By The Pound from Common as another video I was gonna drop...
  • a_list
    a_list Members Posts: 4,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother got so much stuff on VHS, videos, live performances and interviews from Video Music Box ....Been slacking on it, but I told sun I'm gonna pick those up and have the tapes copied to DVD....
  • blatalian
    My brother got so much stuff on VHS, videos, live performances and interviews from Video Music Box ....Been slacking on it, but I told sun I'm gonna pick those up and have the tapes copied to DVD....

I need to do tha same ? bruh....I have about 25-30 8hr-12hr VHS tapes of videos from about 87-88 up till I stopped taping videos in tha late 90's-early 2000's...live performances, interviews and specials...
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blatalian wrote: »

I need to do tha same ? bruh....I have about 25-30 8hr-12hr VHS tapes of videos from about 87-88 up till I stopped taping videos in tha late 90's-early 2000's...live performances, interviews and specials...

I got tapes on VHS from the mid to late 80's myself, then I went to the Navy in 90 no tapes, got out in 95 and was back on it, I don't know what my parents did with all those tapes
  • blatalian
    blatalian wrote: »

I got tapes on VHS from the mid to late 80's myself, then I went to the Navy in 90 no tapes, got out in 95 and was back on it, I don't know what my parents did with all those tapes

One of my boys went to Oklahoma to play JUCO and I gave him a tape with all Redman videos and The Roots videos and he let some ? record over it...I made him pay me $100 for that ? ...
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Y'all get them vhs joints on disc's and or hard drive asap ......I got a few tapes that are ? cause I didn't store them properly ......had them at my dad's house in Alabama and he moved them from the house to the garage and the heat of the summer pretty much cooked them
    .....when pops brung them out here ....smh .... mad fuzzy, grainy ....and little to no sound