Original Writers of the Torah.

2»

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2015
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    From my research the philistines descend from the minioan society. I think they came after a volcano erupted around 1600 BCE

The minions are also another candidate for the being philistines we really don't know who those people come from with 100% certainty there are several hypothesis but we do know these people existed. Did they call themselves philistine probably not
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    zzombie wrote: »
    THAT article actually gave credence to what i've been saying. That the events in the bible happened but are blown out of proportion by the jews and that house of david existed

That's like saying Independence day the movie is real cause it happened in real cities. If all of the wars and events are lies its fiction and not the truth. Again I go back to the Philistines in the Bible. None of it is true down to Camels and Goliath wearing armor out of his time period. There may have been a king named David like there was a news crew and television station but if the events are true its all made up.

If me and you witness the same events and write books about them we are going to have different books and the interview doesn't even say what you think it says. It basically just says that the Israelites blew things out of proportion and only gives one perspective.

It actually affirms the possibility that these people existed. Goliath had a brass armour and the philistines are most likely the name the Israelites gave to the "sea peoples".

All these things were written about thousands of years ago. You people want perfect retellings but we don't even have perfect retellings of events that happen today.

None of that is proven in fact. It all conjecture. You know of a sea people because they destroyed the Ugarits. The sea people were no longer a factor when David came to power. They specific cities in which Philistines controlled not sea people. So that's simply Cognitive dissonance making excuses for no credible evidence. Goliaths Armor was from Greeks in the 6th century BC and not from the 10th century BC the story claims it was writen in.

Its not perfect retelling. You are asking us to believe stories which are proven false and or written by other religions. Why are these other religions so implausible if they wrote them down first.

who told you goliath got his armor from greeks??? even if he did use 6th century armor in the 10 century so what??? that does not prove your point. I have a computer i can still use a typewriter and there is no sure bet that any of these stories happened exactly in the centuries we think it may have been sooner or laster

The philestines were the sea people/ they descended from what is called the sea people. The term philestine is really a catch all term for these various groups. the sea people were not just one group of people and they did not all just live on the coasts/islands.

You can believe what you wish you can believe any version of the history that you want but there is increasing proof that these events happened archaeologist are finding pieces here and pieces and there that suggest alot of the historical claims of the bible are in some sense real

There is no evidence at all. You are mixing the HISTORIC Philistines history with the Bible's Philistines history and they are not 1 in the same. The Bible says that Philistines in the Bible Descended from Mizraim the same person who started the Egyptians. Not the SEA PEOPLE. So you are mixing real history with biblical history. Again the Bible is wrong. The people who lived in the cities claiming to be Philistia during the biblical times were vassal kings who paid tribute to Egypt and were not a single country. Nothing claims beyond the bible from the time period that they were 1 nation.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    THAT article actually gave credence to what i've been saying. That the events in the bible happened but are blown out of proportion by the jews and that house of david existed

That's like saying Independence day the movie is real cause it happened in real cities. If all of the wars and events are lies its fiction and not the truth. Again I go back to the Philistines in the Bible. None of it is true down to Camels and Goliath wearing armor out of his time period. There may have been a king named David like there was a news crew and television station but if the events are true its all made up.

If me and you witness the same events and write books about them we are going to have different books and the interview doesn't even say what you think it says. It basically just says that the Israelites blew things out of proportion and only gives one perspective.

It actually affirms the possibility that these people existed. Goliath had a brass armour and the philistines are most likely the name the Israelites gave to the "sea peoples".

All these things were written about thousands of years ago. You people want perfect retellings but we don't even have perfect retellings of events that happen today.

None of that is proven in fact. It all conjecture. You know of a sea people because they destroyed the Ugarits. The sea people were no longer a factor when David came to power. They specific cities in which Philistines controlled not sea people. So that's simply Cognitive dissonance making excuses for no credible evidence. Goliaths Armor was from Greeks in the 6th century BC and not from the 10th century BC the story claims it was writen in.

Its not perfect retelling. You are asking us to believe stories which are proven false and or written by other religions. Why are these other religions so implausible if they wrote them down first.

who told you goliath got his armor from greeks??? even if he did use 6th century armor in the 10 century so what??? that does not prove your point. I have a computer i can still use a typewriter and there is no sure bet that any of these stories happened exactly in the centuries we think it may have been sooner or laster

The philestines were the sea people/ they descended from what is called the sea people. The term philestine is really a catch all term for these various groups. the sea people were not just one group of people and they did not all just live on the coasts/islands.

You can believe what you wish you can believe any version of the history that you want but there is increasing proof that these events happened archaeologist are finding pieces here and pieces and there that suggest alot of the historical claims of the bible are in some sense real

There is no evidence at all. You are mixing the HISTORIC Philistines history with the Bible's Philistines history and they are not 1 in the same. The Bible says that Philistines in the Bible Descended from Mizraim the same person who started the Egyptians. Not the SEA PEOPLE. So you are mixing real history with biblical history. Again the Bible is wrong. The people who lived in the cities claiming to be Philistia during the biblical times were vassal kings who paid tribute to Egypt and were not a single country. Nothing claims beyond the bible from the time period that they were 1 nation.

Except we don't really know who the philistines descend from so they very well could have descended from mizraim. And the philistines were never referred to as being one nation philistines was more a reference to an ethnic group/groups who controlled various city states