Options
124»

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Eddie Curry

Dude had the size to be dominant in the league but played like a ? for the most part. The ? couldn't defend or rebound, he was just big for no damn reason
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn Merriman
    Shawn Kemp
    Michael Beasley
    Greg Odom
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotta go w Mike vick, baseball mark pryor and basketball I wanna say McGrady but grant hill actually had the desire, mentality and right attitude to be a future hall of famer. Crazy how if things had worked out they could both b looked at different in ball circles as far as winning is concerned
  • MallyG
    MallyG Members Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Speaking of FSU QB's, ? Xavier Lee he came off the bench and beat Alabama in Saban's first year and then washed out with the quickness. He seemingly had all the tools too. Adrian McPherson also, at least he's paid though he won like a $5 million lawsuit from the Titans from getting ran over by their mascot while he was driving a golf cart.

Xavier, to be kind wasn't the brightest candle on the birthday cake. He didn't know his playbook(s) and he couldn't read a defense for ? !

I totally forgot about that golf cart accident w/ Adrian. Lmao!!!
  • Bulletproof Wallets
    Bulletproof Wallets Members Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Charles Rogers had potential just no work ethic

? was TRUE hood ? . Got addicted to pills after those NFL injuries an it was a wrap. I think he ran a 4.3 40 yd dash in his socks one time.
  • MallyG
    Options
    David Boston. ? had prototype size/speed for a WR but he wanted to toot powder and do roids.

He actually was a narcissist. The reason he was on roids wasn't really to become more competitive and gain an on field advantage, but just to look good (in his eyes). There were stories that he used to look in the mirror @ his physique for like 20 minutes. Dude had mental issues.

Oh yeah, I remember Brian Baldinger (NFL Network) saying that he talked to him while he was still playing and Boston actually admitted to him that his vision wasn't that best and he couldn't really see the ball well. Lol @ wideout not doing anything to correct his eyesight.
  • MallyG
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Marcus Lattimore before the injuries?

Reidel Anthony - was a beast @ WR at florida. Held NCAA record for most consecutive games with a TD (before Moss broke it) and set the SEC record for most TDs (18) in a season which still stands even after WRs like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb, Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, OBJ, etc etc have come afterwards.

He just didn't have it in him for pro ball i guess. I remember he was playing for Tampa vs Green Bay and he had a wide open bomb for a TD (i think in playoffs) on national TV and dropped it.
    John Madden said "he was already thinking of the dance he was going to do in the end zone". Madden was probably right because dude used to like to celebrate after he scored.

He was never the same after that drop.

Tbh, most Florida wide receivers no matter how good they are in college, usually ain't ? when they get to the league. Just sayin' doe.
  • Beefer77
    Beefer77 Members Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All duke players that go to the nba except a few like

Trajon Langdon
    Chris Latner
    Bobby Hurley
    Jason Williams
    every body not named grant hill
  • nc81
    nc81 Members Posts: 251 ✭✭
    Options
    Chad Johnson had the ability too be a top 10 wr of all time but his antics ? him up big time
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good thread but Some of yall named players that "didn't reach their full potential" like shaq, vick, iverson, odom

Thats not the same as Wasted potential like Jamarcus Russell, Brandon Roy, Bynum

Big difference
  • yahwehprofet
    yahwehprofet Members Posts: 976 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Futbol greats and legends
    But if they had cared a little more and trained harder:
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo (brazilian one)
  • dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    216atlran wrote: »
    Beefer77 wrote: »
    Oscar de la Hoya blueprint for Floyd Mayweather on how to beat him

Nah, only cotto (now) could beat mayweather if anybody.

If you knew boxing, you would know that Cotto is a hype job/catchweight king at this point in his career.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    d.green wrote: »
    Marcus Lattimore before the injuries?

Reidel Anthony - was a beast @ WR at florida. Held NCAA record for most consecutive games with a TD (before Moss broke it) and set the SEC record for most TDs (18) in a season which still stands even after WRs like Julio Jones, AJ Green, Alshon Jeffrey, Percy Harvin, Randall Cobb, Amari Cooper, Mike Evans, OBJ, etc etc have come afterwards.

He just didn't have it in him for pro ball i guess. I remember he was playing for Tampa vs Green Bay and he had a wide open bomb for a TD (i think in playoffs) on national TV and dropped it.
    John Madden said "he was already thinking of the dance he was going to do in the end zone". Madden was probably right because dude used to like to celebrate after he scored.

He was never the same after that drop.

I used to ? my brother in NCAA Football with him...made that ? hate the Gators til this day
  • J.Clinton
    J.Clinton Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Aaron Hernandez stupid ass
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ricky Williams

i got banned from using him nfl 2k4 he was a beast in that game truck button all ? game
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Darryl Strawberry.

The poster child for 80s coke-head sports stars. ? shame. Him and Doc Gooden could've won about three WS chips for those Mets. I know he's a Met great, but he realistically could have been a GOAT.
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • lord nemesis
    lord nemesis Members Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn Merriman
    Shawn Kemp
    Michael Beasley
    Greg Odom

I used to wanna slap fire out that ? every time he did this ? ?

5dnd0.gif
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    75% of my sixers and nearly every NBA lottery forward or center.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Waiting on that Josh Gordon ESPN 30 for 30.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Eddie Curry

Was gonna say this.

Eddie fresh outa HS had the ability to put up 25-30 point games on veteran centers in the league.

But never jumped or cared to rebound. He let Tyson Chandler handle all rebound & defensive duties. And got fat.

Another Bull i had false hope in was Tyrus Thomas. Springs for legs crazy athlete. Who knows wtf he doin now.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shawn Merriman
    Shawn Kemp
    Michael Beasley
    Greg Odom

I was just wondering about him so i looked him up on Twitter and hes ballin in China league now.

Game yesterday he dropped 48pts 4steals 12rebounds
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Justin Blackmon.

He had skills, and was on a team that had no choice but to feed him, but mentally he ? up left and right.
  • SlimRemy
    SlimRemy Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    Futbol greats and legends
    But if they had cared a little more and trained harder:
    Ronaldinho
    Ronaldo (brazilian one)

Ronaldinho? you gotta be kidding.