Creepset Boston- Woman chased down a man she says was filming her “crotch and backside

Options
2»

Comments

• konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Paprika wrote: »
    Not condoning this, but as long as you are in public space, you give up your right for privacy. As long as you aren't recording defamatory images or sex it's fair game.

this was published by an attorney:

http://www.krages.com/ThePhotographersRight.pdf
    ... The general rule in the United States is that anyone may take photographs of whatever they want when they are in a public place or places where they have permission to take photographs. Absent a specific legal prohibition such as a statute or ordinance, you are legally entitled to take photographs. Examples of places that are traditionally considered public are streets, sidewalks, and public parks...

... Members of the public have a very limited scope of privacy rights when they are in public places. Basically, anyone can be photographed without their consent except when they have secluded themselves in places where
    they have a reasonable expectation of privacy such as dressing rooms, restrooms, medical facilities, and inside
    their homes..."
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not condoning this, but as long as you are in public space, you give up your right for privacy. As long as you aren't recording defamatory images or sex it's fair game.

vw1V8wR.jpg
  • deadeye
    deadeye Members Posts: 22,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

... The general rule in the United States is that anyone may take photographs of whatever they want when they are in a public place or places where they have permission to take photographs. Absent a specific legal prohibition such as a statute or ordinance, you are legally entitled to take photographs. Examples of places that are traditionally considered public are streets, sidewalks, and public parks...

... Members of the public have a very limited scope of privacy rights when they are in public places. Basically, anyone can be photographed without their consent except when they have secluded themselves in places where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy such as dressing rooms, restrooms, medical facilities, and inside their homes..."

@Westie

ZaH1YRU.gif
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    deadeye wrote: »

... Members of the public have a very limited scope of privacy rights when they are in public places. Basically, anyone can be photographed without their consent except when they have secluded themselves in places where they have a reasonable expectation of privacy such as dressing rooms, restrooms, medical facilities, and inside their homes..."

@Westie

ZaH1YRU.gif

All that means is you're a creepy ass pervert tiptoing on the lines of the law.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

@Westie

ZaH1YRU.gif

There's no tiptoeing here. The law is explicit: ANYTHING or ANYONE out in public, or even on private property open to the public, can be photographed without explicit consent.

If your car is parked, and I think it's dope looking, I can take a pic of it without your consent, license plate and all. ? , you could even be in the car and I can take a pic without your consent.

Same goes for pics of YOU. I don't need consent to take a pic of you. You might not like it, and that's ok, you have that right, but I also have rights and one of them is to take a pic of you and anyone else I might want to take a pic of out on the street whether you like it or not.
  • huey
    huey Members Posts: 11,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @westie just don't go outside, u will be straight
  • Westie
    Westie Members Posts: 12,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Westie wrote: »

@Westie

ZaH1YRU.gif

There's no tiptoeing here. The law is explicit: ANYTHING or ANYONE out in public, or even on private property open to the public, can be photographed without explicit consent.

If your car is parked, and I think it's dope looking, I can take a pic of it without your consent, license plate and all. ? , you could even be in the car and I can take a pic without your consent.

Same goes for pics of YOU. I don't need consent to take a pic of you. You might not like it, and that's ok, you have that right, but I also have rights and one of them is to take a pic of you and anyone else I might want to take a pic of out on the street whether you like it or not.

OK... Doesn't make you an iota less of a creepy mfer. Creep on wierdos.