So Louisiana pigs are out here gunning down little 6yr old kids w/ autism now...

2»

Comments

• Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They lied... And got locked up...
    Damn...
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/two-louisiana-cops-arrested-fatal-shooting-boy-6-n459136
    Two Louisiana Officers Arrested in Fatal Shooting of Boy, 6

Two Louisiana law enforcement officers were arrested Friday in the shooting death of a 6-year-old boy, which occurred as both officers were working side jobs as city marshals, authorities said.

Derrick Stafford, 32, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., 23, were arrested and charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder, Louisiana State Police superintendent Col. Michael Edmonson said.

The boy, Jeremy Davis Mardis, was killed and his father, Chris Few, was wounded after shots were fired into their vehicle at around 9:30 p.m. in Marksville Tuesday, after what officials described as a pursuit.

"Nothing is more important than this badge that we wear on our uniform, the integrity of why we wear it," Edmonson said. "Because the public, the public allows us to wear that. It's not a right, it's a privilege. And tonight that badge has been tarnished."

Edmonson said body camera footage helped lead to the arrests.

"I can tell you, as a father, it was one of the most disturbing things I've witnessed," Edmonson said. "Extremely disturbing, and it is partly why we are here tonight."

Questions had surrounded the shooting. Officials have said Marskville city marshals shot at a vehicle "at the conclusion of a pursuit."

Edmonson did not detail Friday exactly what is believed to have occurred the night of the shooting. He has said that there was no exchange of gunfire, and no gun was found in Few's sport-utility vehicle.

"Tonight is about a death of Jeremy Mardis. Jeremey Mardis, 6 years old — he didn't deserve to die like that," Edmonson said.

The Avoyelles Parish coroner's office told NBC News that the boy was shot five times in the head and chest, and he was pronounced dead on the scene. Jeremy's grandmother said the boy was autistic.

The child's father remained in critical condition Friday, state police said.

Stafford is a lieutenant with the Marksville police department, and Greenhouse is a full-time marshal for the nearby city of Alexandria. Both were working side jobs as Marksville marshals when the shooting occurred, Edmonson said.

Two other marshals may also have been involved in the incident, Edmonson said. Police have seized all four guns from those involved and they are being analyzed by at a police crime lab in Baton Rouge, he said.

"We will do other interviews and see where that takes us," Edmonson said.

Marksville is a city of around 5,500 about 30 miles southeast of Alexandria.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two of the 4 cops arrested

Ummm...

greenhouse-stafford.jpg

Will they have a gofundme or nah?
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Copper wrote: »

Ummm...

greenhouse-stafford.jpg

very interesting question.

also.....if the other cops are white..... just wow.

but they got locked up fast tho after being caught in a lie. very interesting.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    edited November 2015
    i read comments last night about these on a site......

of course them people say...the cops look like thugs and how can they be hired.

but this guy doesnt look like a thug?
    Joe-Gliniewicz.jpg
  • Copper
    Copper wrote: »

Ummm...

greenhouse-stafford.jpg

very interesting question.

also.....if the other cops are white..... just wow.

but they got locked up fast tho after being caught in a lie. very interesting.

Tamir rices killer was caught in a lie...yet it was justifiable
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    They need to throw another charge on there, negligence. These cowboy cops all need mandatory negligence and first-degree charges because pulling out a gun should be the last option.

And how do these lawyers sleep at night defending these POS? Cowboy cops baffle me.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    so everyone is on the same side when its black cops killing white kids...

but on different sides when white cops ? black kids
  • stringer bell
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-justice-isn-swift-black-police-shooting-victims-article-1.2429899
    KING: Maybe justice was swift for 2 Louisiana cops because victim Jeremy Mardis, 6, was whit

On Nov. 3, two Louisiana police officers who claimed to be serving a warrant on Chris Few opened fire on his car and killed his 6-year-old autistic son, Jeremy Mardis.

Seventy-two hours later the officers who killed the child and severely injured the father were arrested and charged with second-degree murder. Little Jeremy Mardis was the youngest known police shooting victim in years, and the youngest since 12-year-old Tamir Rice was shot and killed by Cleveland police in November 2014.

Two other officers, who apparently did not fire shots, were also on the scene. Footage from one of their body cameras appears to be what prompted the expedited arrests of officers Norris Greenhouse Jr. and Derrick Stafford, who are both black. Colonel Mike Edmonson, of the Louisiana State Police, is one of the few people who has seen the footage. In a press conference, he appeared stoic and stated, "It's the most disturbing thing I've seen, and I'll leave it at that."

Others who saw the video have stated that Chris Few had his hands up when he and his son were shot repeatedly by police. Not only that, but local police also failed to produce the warrant officers claimed they were serving Chris Few, which calls the entire arrest into question.

From all indications, swift justice was absolutely warranted in this case. The racial optics, though, are hard to ignore.

Last night on Fox News, Bill O'Reilly openly stated that Black Lives Matter was silent on the case.

Bill's inference was that because the victim was white and the officers were black, that the movement didn't care. What's wild about this is that activists actually made this case famous nearly a week before Bill O'Reilly ever mentioned it.

My tweet about Jeremy Mardis on Nov. 4 was retweeted over 5,400 times. No tweet about this case, before or since, has been shared more.

I wrote one of the first national pieces on his death.

Within minutes of learning the officers were arrested, I shared this.

For Bill O'Reilly, who hosts the highest-rated news show on cable television, to claim Black Lives Matter activists have been silent on this case is disturbing, and hints at the racial and political undertones involved here.

The harsh reality is that when African-Americans are killed by police, justice is never swift, and sometimes doesn't come at all.

It's now been nearly an entire year since 12-year-old Tamir Rice was shot and killed by Cleveland police. For that entire time, in spite of the entire incident being captured on a nearby security camera, authorities have claimed to be investigating. It's baffling how one investigation can take 72 hours and lead to serious arrests and another can last over 8,000 hours and counting, with no arrests at all.

This is the standard, though.

Three years after two white Pasadena police officers shot and killed the unarmed teenager, Kendrec McDade, his mother is still searching for answers. Nobody was ever charged or even lost their jobs in her son's death.

Family and friends described the unarmed Rekia Boyd as one of the sweetest young ladies they ever knew. She and her friends were literally walking home, breaking no laws, when Officer Dante Servin shot and killed her from the window of his car. It was, in essence, a drive-by shooting. It blew half of her head off. It took three years for a trial to even happen, and the judge dismissed all of the charges. Rekia was black and the officer who shot and killed her was white.

Like the shooting death of Jeremy Mardis, the shooting deaths of Tamir Rice, Kendrec McDade, and Rekia Boyd were all deeply disturbing and completely unnecessary, but swift justice never came.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dude got out bussin, like really some COD ?
  • stringer bell
    http://ktla.com/2017/03/25/louisiana-marshal-found-guilty-in-fatal-shooting-of-6-year-old-boy-during-police-chase/
    Louisiana Marshal Found Guilty in Fatal Shooting of 6-Year-Old Boy During Police Chase

A Marksville, Louisiana, marshal has been found guilty of manslaughter for the shooting of a young boy who was killed in the passenger seat of his father’s car after a police pursuit, prosecutors said Saturday.

Derrick Stafford was also convicted of attempted murder for the November 2015 shooting that killed 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis and wounded his father, Christopher Few, according to Avoyelles Parish District Attorney Charles Riddle. The boy was hit by five bullets.

The Friday evening verdict came after just over three hours of jury deliberations that capped a five-day trial, CNN affiliate WBRZ reported.

Stafford took the stand hours before his conviction, testifying that he was defending fellow officers when he opened fire.

“It makes me feel horrible,” Stafford said of the incident, according to CNN affiliate KALB. “I have children the same age.”

Stafford told the jury: “Never in a million years did I know a child was in that vehicle. I would have called off the pursuit myself. That is the truth.”

Jeremy, a first-grader, was buckled in the front passenger seat of Few’s car when he was shot.

In September, a Louisiana judge released bodycam video showing officers firing multiple rounds into the car.

In the graphic footage, an officer appears to say, “I don’t know who all fired,” to which another officer respond, “I fired.”

Few, who was behind the wheel of a small white car, was hit. He presented his hands to the officers and eventually, slowly, crawled out of the car to lie on the asphalt.

Later, an officer is heard saying, “I never saw a kid in the car, bro.” The officer wearing the camera responded, “Yeah, he’s, ahh … the kid is …” but doesn’t finish his sentence.

During Stafford’s testimony, a prosecutor handed the defendant a photo of the dead boy and asked, “Does that show you what a 40 caliber does?”

Stafford cried on the stand at that point, KALB reported.

Another marshal, Norris Greenhouse, 23, was also indicted on second degree murder and second degree attempted murder charges. Greenhouse will be tried later this year.

Damn.. They ? cop got convicted pretty quick.. I wonder why..

giphy.gif

o809ppl0zas3.gif

• Copper
    so everyone is on the same side when its black cops killing white kids...

but on different sides when white cops ? black kids

For emphasis....
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^ its too easy... black cop + white victim is arithmetic

White cop + black victim is advanced calculus