Lebron wearing short shorts & smaller jerseys... for the kids????

TheGOAT
TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
-a0caceff3fda6209.JPG

CLEVELAND, Ohio – These days Cleveland Cavaliers' superstar LeBron James is sporting smaller game shorts and a tighter-fitting jersey as a way to help shape the future.

The four-time MVP has done some self-reflecting in recent years. He's observed the changes in the NBA, which led to questioning himself: Am I doing all that I can? Am I truly leaving my imprint on not only the game, but also the league?

"I'm always thinking about ways I can be of help," James told cleveland.com. "That's what it's about, making sure you're doing your part."

James has proven to be more than just an athlete, as he's the most socially conscious athlete of this generation with his willingness to voice his opinion on issues of the day.

His personal objective is making a difference, on the court or off of it.

This season he trimmed his uniform shorts by a couple inches, and had his jersey made snugger than in years past. He had expressed to those close to him he wants to leave the baggy look behind and place a renewed emphasis on professional appearance when it comes to the size of his uniform as well as his pregame and postgame attire.

When he arrives for work at The Q, he typically wears a sportcoat. It's his way of reaffirming that it's a business atmosphere. Professionalism and conduct were a main focus of the Cavaliers' pre-regular-season team meeting in late October.

As James is the biggest name in the league and arguably in all of sports, he feels an obligation to shift the minds of kids on what is considered fashionable and acceptable. The kids who will play in the NBA in the future look to today's players as role models.

When it's all said and done, if James goes down as the best basketball player of all-time and that's the extent of it, he'd consider that a failure of a career.

Growing up in Akron, he has seen the effects of poverty and a lack of education. He's witnessed how senseless murders affect families for generations and he's seen the effects of people who could have had an influence doing nothing to put a stop to it.

"I have a calling, man," James told cleveland.com. "Everything I do is for the people I love. I was just brought up that way."

James can't force change, but he can force people to think and take notice. It's pretty cool to dress professionally, and he wants everyone to know that.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/11/why_lebron_james_sporting_smal.html

giphy.gif

Comments

• Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol I see where hes kinda coming from but...nah
  • Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would've made sense 10 years ago
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yet he's still covered in tattoos, what's he gonna do get them all removed.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see the problem.

As long as he don't go to the 80s shorts
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Lebron been a diva......hopefully steph can continue to be great
    and eventually overtake this ? and become the face of the nba
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr Cosby cosigns this in partnership with the "Pull up your pants" movement
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Lebron been a diva......hopefully steph can continue to be great
    and eventually overtake this ? and become the face of the nba

He already has. I don't give a damn what ESPN and the media says.

Durant could've but he wants to defer to RW too much and play nice.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he wouldnt have said anything no one would havr noticed

And baggy is dead as a fashion trend all together. He kinda late

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He is such a hero
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    -a0caceff3fda6209.JPG

CLEVELAND, Ohio – These days Cleveland Cavaliers' superstar LeBron James is sporting smaller game shorts and a tighter-fitting jersey as a way to help shape the future.

The four-time MVP has done some self-reflecting in recent years. He's observed the changes in the NBA, which led to questioning himself: Am I doing all that I can? Am I truly leaving my imprint on not only the game, but also the league?

"I'm always thinking about ways I can be of help," James told cleveland.com. "That's what it's about, making sure you're doing your part."

James has proven to be more than just an athlete, as he's the most socially conscious athlete of this generation with his willingness to voice his opinion on issues of the day.

His personal objective is making a difference, on the court or off of it.

This season he trimmed his uniform shorts by a couple inches, and had his jersey made snugger than in years past. He had expressed to those close to him he wants to leave the baggy look behind and place a renewed emphasis on professional appearance when it comes to the size of his uniform as well as his pregame and postgame attire.

When he arrives for work at The Q, he typically wears a sportcoat. It's his way of reaffirming that it's a business atmosphere. Professionalism and conduct were a main focus of the Cavaliers' pre-regular-season team meeting in late October.

As James is the biggest name in the league and arguably in all of sports, he feels an obligation to shift the minds of kids on what is considered fashionable and acceptable. The kids who will play in the NBA in the future look to today's players as role models.

When it's all said and done, if James goes down as the best basketball player of all-time and that's the extent of it, he'd consider that a failure of a career.

Growing up in Akron, he has seen the effects of poverty and a lack of education. He's witnessed how senseless murders affect families for generations and he's seen the effects of people who could have had an influence doing nothing to put a stop to it.

"I have a calling, man," James told cleveland.com. "Everything I do is for the people I love. I was just brought up that way."

James can't force change, but he can force people to think and take notice. It's pretty cool to dress professionally, and he wants everyone to know that.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2015/11/why_lebron_james_sporting_smal.html

giphy.gif

Funny using a Jordan gif when MJ said plenty of times he wore suits for the same business reasons in terms of appearance to the public
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A$AP_A$TON wrote: »
    But then he blames his bad shooting on his jersey being too tight

Yall ? so impressionable. Who gave this an ether? Lol Yall know damn well there's a difference between a tighter JERSEY vs them ? agenda bicycle SHIRTS the nba is pushing
  • J.Clinton
    J.Clinton Members Posts: 413 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Lebron so ? corny..can't stand this lame ass dude
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Shorter shorts = better role models...

Lebron's Hair Line Thinking OutLoud*

All these kids wilding out. it breaks my heart... i wish i can do something to have an impact.... maybe, i can team up with other players, and fund more after school programs?... hmmmmmm.. naw that aint it.....but what if....... my shorts were shorter?

Light Bulb*
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMAO at his ? expression. Doesn't even look like him in that pic.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Nothing wrong with trying to bring some professionalism. It crosses over to other things. When I played in High school, we had to wear suits to away games. Made ? get suits which could then be used in interviews for jobs or scholarships.
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    charles2 wrote: »
    I don't see anything wrong with it. Nothing wrong with trying to bring some professionalism. It crosses over to other things. When I played in High school, we had to wear suits to away games. Made ? get suits which could then be used in interviews for jobs or scholarships.

I can understand that (suits) but he's talking about a pair of tight shorts.

This stunt by Lebron was a fail.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he might be right tho

i called 3 games last night and all the kids had one high ass shorts...some even rolled them up like 5x to make em shorter
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    but the 80's had them short shorts.. and it was a physical ? game by today standards