LMAOOOOOO, xbox live is the biggest joke ever...

2»

Comments

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Focus, whats in your 360 collection?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    focus wrote: »
    Here are the hardware numbers for PS3. No reason why their shooters flop the way they do.

Europe: 16.08 million
    North America: 14.07 million
    Japan: 5.2 million

Did you not read the part about "prefer a wider variety of games". Like myself. I have KZ2, MW, WAW, MW2, BFBC, BFBC2. I played them, beat them and never looked back at them. They all seem the same. I prefer variety.

Here are the hardware numbers for 360:

Europe: 23.29 million
    North America: 15.67 million
    Japan: 1.3 million

How come Alan Wake hasn't even sold half a million?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    KINGOFDAARCADE Members Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »

exactly. And FFXIII and Tekken 6 flopped on 360. All them 360 kiddies play is shooters.

and the fact is 360 only has 2 shooter franchises. halo and gears.

On Ps3 I can ? with Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted 2, WarHawk, Resistance, Killzone, MAG, soon SOCOM4 and Twisted Metal. I get far more variety. Plus I get epic single player games like ? of War 3 and Heavy Rain. You still playin the same tired ass games on 360 that came out in 2007.

Step ya game up.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    LOL! So now Sony doesn't market their games? Didn't them ? run a COMMERCIAL during their E3 press conference? LMAO! But aiight, if you say so. Maybe Coca-cola can help them with that now. LOL!

Anyway, back on topic. PSN just feels so isolated. ? feels like you on punishment...like you can't talk to yo friends.

This Live ? is hilarious.

Yes they market their gamesby making commercials etc but are you really trying to sit here and say they they spent 30 mill or whatever MS spent on Halo3 marketing, on ANY game?
  • One Spliff
    One Spliff Members Posts: 5,354 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    LOL!! Live is just more fun tho. I love ? like this. You can jump into a CROSS GAME PARTY CHAT on Live at anytime and run across all kinds of people clowning, trippin the ? out and just having a good time gaming. PSN is boring.

And I'm not a fan of Halo at all, but its pretty undeniable that its a much bigger and better franchise than any PS3 shooter. Nobody really considers MAG, SOCOM, Resistance and Killzone as like... real, big time AAA shooter's except people who only own PS3's. You have your Halo's, your Call of Duty's, your Gears of War's, etc. on one level...then all the PS3 FPS below that.

Anyway, thanks for posting the vid, ? was hella funny!

i'll admit xbox live sounds better than psn n seems more fun in that aspect...can you join anybodies party at random ?..or do you have to be invited...

but theres def more kids on live, n psn is free after all
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    LOL! So if 1.5 million is a HUGE success for Sony. A game that's NOT A SHOOTER and is soooo successful because different genres thrive on PS3 like yall saying, then lets compare:

Forza 3 (Racer) - 2.7 million
    Mass Effect (RPG) - 1.8 million
    Fable 2 (RPG) - 3.6 million
    Dead Rising (Survival/Action Adventure ) - 1.7 million
    Crackdown (Sandbox) - 1.6 million
    Halo Wars (RTS) - 1.8 million

Why it sell less than all these games?
  • focus
    edited June 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    i'll admit xbox live sounds better than psn n seems more fun in that aspect...can you join anybodies party at random ?..or do you have to be invited...

Both options are available. Parties can be open for anyone or invite only.
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    The top selling Xbox 360 games.

1. Halo 3 (8.1 million)
    2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (7.479 million approximately; 6.471 million in US,85,411 in Japan, at least 1 million in UK)
    3. Gears of War (5 million, may include PC version)
    4. Gears of War 2 (5 million)
    5. Grand Theft Auto IV (4.356 million approximately: 3.29 million in US, at least 1 million in UK, 59.893 and 6.210 Platinum in Japan)
    6. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (4.226 million approximately: 3.04 million in US, 78,000 in Canada, 54.742 and 53.722 Platinum Collection/The Best in Japan,at least 1 million in UK)
    7. Call of Duty: World at War (3.35 million approximately: 2.75 million in US, 600,000 in UK)
    8. Halo 3: ODST (3 million)
    9. Forza Motorsport 2 (2.674 million approximately: 2.23 million in US, 31,255 and 100,500 Platinum Collection in Japan, 12,600 in Canada, 300,000 in UK)
    10. Fable II (2.6 million)

No wide variety, mainly shooters.

I couldn't find a TOP 10 FOR PS3, but this is good enough, still you can take the 1st 10 and there you have it.

# Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (4.74 million approximately; 3.531 million in the US, 219,338 in Japan, at least 1 million in UK)
    # Gran Turismo 5 Prologue (4.65 million)
    # Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (3.5 million)
    # MotorStorm (3.31 million)
    # Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (3 million shipped as of December 31, 2009)
    # LittleBigPlanet (3 million)
    # Grand Theft Auto IV (2.659 million approximately: 1.89 million in US, 169,000 in Japan, 600,000 in UK)
    # Final Fantasy XIII (2.6 million approximately: 1.8 million in Japan, 828,200 in US)
    # Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (2.6 million)
    # Resistance: Fall of Man (2.5 million)
    # Killzone 2 (2 million)
    # inFamous ("nearly" 2 million)
    # Resident Evil 5 (1.58 million approximately: 585,000 in US, 508,959 and 226,220 Gold Edition in Japan, 200,000 in UK, 62,040 in France)
    # Heavenly Sword (1.5 million)
    # Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (1.402 million approximately; 584,000 in the US, 122,019 regular and 96,913 The Best in Japan, 600,000 in UK
    # Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction (1.25 million)
    # ? of War III (1.1 million in the US)
    # Heavy Rain (1 million)
    # MotorStorm: Pacific Rift (1 million)

It's a wider range of players playing different game types for PS3. Just sayin'...
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    LOL! So if 1.5 million is a HUGE success for Sony. A game that's NOT A SHOOTER and is soooo successful because different genres thrive on PS3 like yall saying, then lets compare:

Read properly next time. Nobody said it was a HUGE success. Vibe put up a sales number that he thought was sold and we corrected him with the correct number? But why don't those games you mentioned sell as well as shooters?

Anyway, can't argue anymore right now. USA v Ghana is about to kick off.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited June 2010

LOL@ this clown.

Forza 2 and Fable 2 were both BUNDLED HEAVILY with 360s. ie. They were given away for FREE. those "sales" do not count.

I remember when I bought a 360 back in 2007 I got Forza 2 for Free with it, and I never even played that game ONCE. It's still in the package 3 years later.

Mass Effect is a shooter/rpg hybrid.

So your whole post has just been destroyed. Try again ? .
  • focus
    edited June 2010
    joshuaboy wrote: »
    Did you not read the part about "prefer a wider variety of games". Like myself. I have KZ2, MW, WAW, MW2, BFBC, BFBC2. I played them, beat them and never looked back at them. They all seem the same. I prefer variety.

Here are the hardware numbers for 360:

Europe: 23.29 million
    North America: 15.67 million
    Japan: 1.3 million

`

Alan Wake is a shooter. A third person shooter. The ONLY way to ? anything in that game is with some type of gun and when a gun is not in your hand the gameplay stops. I don't care what "psychological survival thriller" tag they file it under. Thats the way I see it, so I can't answer your question because we view the game differently. Having played the game myself I can say that it is not very good at all and that's probably why it didn't sell.
  • focus
    edited June 2010
    Oh ok, so basically what yall saying is a "low" selling 360 game is the equivalent of a top selling, successful PS3 game.

Sure, shooters obviously sell ALOT on 360, but NO games on PS3 sell like that. Non-shooter 360 games sell about the same, if not more in some cases, as most exclusive PS3 exclusives. And of course, most multiplat games sell better on 360 also.

But aiight...we waaaaaaaay off topic. Leaving the sales thing alone.
  • joshuaboy
    edited June 2010
    `

Alan Wake is a shooter. A third person shooter. The ONLY way to ? anything in that game is with some type of gun and when a gun is not in your hand the gameplay stops. I don't care what "psychological survival thriller" tag they file it under. Thats the way I see it, so I can't answer your question because we view the game differently. Having played the game myself I can say that it is not very good at all and that's probably why it didn't sell.

Haven't played it myself. Just going by what the review sites gave it. But honestly, seeing the gameplay I think the reviewers were a bit generous.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited June 2010
    Alan Wake is an adventure game with shooting. It definitely is NOT a shooter you ? IDIOT.
  • DB Cooper
    DB Cooper Members Posts: 746
    edited June 2010
    live>>>>>psn
    still
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited June 2010
    DB Cooper wrote: »
    live>>>>>psn
    still

my ? in your moms mouth > you repeating the same thing over and over
  • VIBE
    edited June 2010
    live>>>>>psn
    still

LMAO! That's ALL you have. I could give a ? less about seeing that I'm playing with 30,000,000 people online. I'll never even get across to playing with 1,000 of them in a day. As long as there is enough to play with in lobby, it's all good. I could give a ? less if it was the same people.

Cross chat = immature squeaky voiced white boys who haven't even hit puberty being racist. That's all I see on youtube, tell me why? I've only seen like, 3-5 from the PS3 and that's when I LOOK it UP for the PS3. Even when I look it up for PS3, ? still brings me back to LIVE.

LOL

If you're happy with that, then cool.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited June 2010
    man imma be rockin out with my 3D shades playing Killzone3 smoking a blunt and stickin a banana in my girls ass while these 360 fanboys in party chat rooms talkin to 13 year old boys.

I win.
  • focus
    edited June 2010
    live>>>>>psn
    still

Basically.

Its really sad that PSN users can't just admit this. From Sony's E3 conference to PSN, its like they feel like they can never say when Sony or the PS3 is ? up out of fear Sony will take their system away or something.

Its fact that Live is much better than PSN....but if you've only played PSN then you just don't know any better I guess? Ignorance is truly bliss.
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Oh ok, so basically what yall saying is a "low" selling 360 game is the equivalent of a top selling, successful PS3 game.

Sure, shooters obviously sell ALOT on 360, but NO games on PS3 sell like that. Non-shooter 360 games sell about the same, if not more in some cases, as most exclusive PS3 exclusives. And of course, most multiplat games sell better on 360 also.

But aiight...we waaaaaaaay off topic. Leaving the sales thing alone.

it depends on alot of factors tbh...from genre to the market...for example lets look at ps3 's biggest sports games...

ps3

pes 10 - 2.14 mill
    fifa - 3.32 mill

pes 10 - 0.72
    fifa - 2.56 mill

^ numbers aint lying...

lets look at both exclusives for action adventures..

ps3

msg4 - 4.8 mill

saints row - 2.04

numbers dont lie.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    There are what... only 14 million sold PS3s compared to 24 million sold 360s in the US, right? The United States...the country where shooters sell best, right? Why are we acting like 360 exclusive shooter selling big amounts is some sort of unfathomable feat they accomplished?
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited June 2010
    Basically.

Its really sad that PSN users can't just admit this. From Sony's E3 conference to PSN, its like they feel like they can never say when Sony or the PS3 is ? up out of fear Sony will take their system away or something.

Its fact that Live is much better than PSN....but if you've only played PSN then you just don't know any better I guess? Ignorance is truly bliss.

LMAO@ how desperately you cling to this argument.

Look man, I play my games online for free. I dont give a ? about party chat. I have a headset and I BARELY ever use it simply because I have no interest in talking to strangers, nerds, and little kids. If I wanna talk to my friends, I'll talk to my friends. I dont need xbl or psn for that.

Is XBL set up a lil nicer? Yes. Does it really matter or make in difference in any way shape or form? ? NO. yet you cling to that argument cuz it's the ONLY thing you can possibly come up with.
  • KINGOFDAARCADE
    edited June 2010
    One Spliff wrote: »
    it depends on alot of factors tbh...from genre to the market...for example lets look at ps3 's biggest sports games...

ps3

pes 10 - 2.14 mill
    fifa - 3.32 mill

pes 10 - 0.72
    fifa - 2.56 mill

^ numbers aint lying...

lets look at both exclusives for action adventures..

ps3

msg4 - 4.8 mill

saints row - 2.04

numbers dont lie.

yes its all dependant on the genre and territories.

RPGS will sell better on PS3 cuz of Japan. Racing games will sell better on PS3 cuz of Europe.

Wait til GT5 comes out. ? is gonna sell like crazy, while forza has never had that good sales in america.
  • Shyheim
    Shyheim Members Posts: 580
    edited June 2010
    ...Saint's Row and MGS4 shouldn't be grouped together and compared, as they have nothing in common other than being video games.

And before anyone says anything, there are other 360 exclusives that can be used/put up against MGS4...
  • One Spliff
    edited June 2010
    Shyheim wrote: »
    ...Saint's Row and MGS4 shouldn't be grouped together and compared, as they have nothing in common other than being video games.

And before anyone says anything, there are other 360 exclusives that can be used/put up against MGS4...

true...but they both fall under AA genre, n both r exclusive...so...