Study Proves Black QBs Get Benched Far More Than White QBs

2»

Comments

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spit_fiya wrote: »
    Just imagine if Jay Cutler or Eli Manning was black....h*ll even Tony Romo before the 2014 season.

? are you talking about b Romo, had ill timed mistakes. he was never trash stop it. Struggling/trash and overextended opportunity are not one in the same

The Cowboys recent struggles should stop all the "romo" sucks debate, the question is can he win playoff games. As a giants fan I can honestly say Romo is a top 10 QB, maybe near Top 5. Dude can read defenses n has crazy pocket awareness.
  • natural born sinners
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    I would have liked to see Geno with the Jets this year. .

Geno ain't got it bro. Poor pocket awareness and accuracy issues are a toxic combo. Whoever said that ? about high school n colleges relying on the running ability of QB'S n stunting their growth is on point. I actually had that convo w my boy the other day. Non running QB'S are forced to learn how to study defenses, anticipation and pocket awareness which are vital skills to have BEFORE you get to the nfl, that way they can improve them instead of learning them on top of all the other ? they need to learn like playbooks, terminology and life as an adult on his own with a bunch of money n fame in some cases.

• natural born sinners
    jay83 wrote: »
    Someone please name me an elite black throwing quarterback that didnt have to rely
    on the run alot..........

That gets into part of the problem too. A lot of Black QBs never have their game developed. High school and college coaches are happy to rely on their running ability because it works so well on those levels. By the time the QB gets to the NFL, he's so behind the class as far as throwing mechanics and reading defenses that it's hard for them to survive. That was the problem with Vick and his contemporaries. The newer QBs like Cam and Russell that are better, but you still have Capernick who falls into that pattern.

A lot of truth here. By the way.

What's the deal on this guy? I see this commercial a lot.

http://youtu.be/QypkBliIEe4

word who the hell is this dude? ? on my TV like 50 times on sundays

• blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this ? is true

but RG3 isn't a really good example

stats without context are misleading, especially when u have a poor management team like the Redskins

they made so many mistakes with RG3 that it was more about his health and lack of development, than just pure benching in favor of Cousins