Random wrestling thoughts thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the past is all the wee has to offer, if you around the same age as me you know that "wwf" was at its prime

true dat, but i'm stuck on the original ECW. And we all know where the WWF Attitude Era came from......hmmmmmm......

i think that's why i don't like this new era of wrestling, because I was spoiled by ECW. TNA tries too hard to cater to those fans, but that grittiness of bussin' someone in the face with a beer bottle doesn't hold as well in a large arena. I yearn for the grimey, dark, dank, packed gyms and bingo halls, where the fans were live as hell and just about anything goes in the ring, out of the ring, in the crowd, through the halls, outside in the street, and in an alley.
  • Rocket Kidd
    Rocket Kidd Members Posts: 2,212 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the past is all the wee has to offer, if you around the same age as me you know that "wwf" was at its prime

yea bruh im well aware of the new generation and attitude eras...but the stuff they have on is not bad its not great but its definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. one thing they doin now thats ? me off is ? hornswoggle.
  • auster
    auster Members Posts: 5
    edited May 2010
    Options
    yea bruh im well aware of the new generation and attitude eras...but the stuff they have on is not bad its not great but its definitely not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. one thing they doin now thats ? me off is ? hornswoggle.

Yah, we must aware of the next generation and attitudes eras it can affect the way the were now.

List of Condo's in CHicago visit chicago real estate listings
  • Indy8503 HD
    Indy8503 HD Members Posts: 554
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Attitude era was fun and entertaining, but the actual WRESTLING is a lot better now.
  • the1nonlyruru
    the1nonlyruru Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    edited May 2010
    Options
    the rock was an average wrestler at best but his charisma,mic skills and humor is what made him the most electrifying man in sports entertainment
  • Steve Bauceton
    Steve Bauceton Members Posts: 7
    edited May 2010
    Options
    Bauceton 3:16 says I just whupped your ass
  • darkstarr8
    darkstarr8 Members Posts: 455
    edited May 2010
    Options
    WWE dropped the ball with Elijah Burke

WWE needs to bring back the cruiserweight title

Push Zack Ryder

I dig Laycool

The Band is the lamest retread of the NWO, yes even lamer than WWE's NWO.

Whoever decided to make the Montreal Screwjob into a storyline in TNA should be drawn and quartered.

Bring back Heel Don West to the announce table.
  • the1nonlyruru
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i think its funny as hell that desmond wolfe flips off everybody when he enters the ring.
  • Mally_G
    edited June 2010
    Options
    HA!!!

William Regal sonned David Otunga at the end of the NXT finale by saying, "I hear the only reason why he's here is because he married well, so I took a look at his wife, and I must say, he DIDN'T marry THAT well".
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    HA!!!

William Regal sonned David Otunga at the end of the NXT finale by saying, "I hear the only reason why he's here is because he married well, so I took a look at his wife, and I must say, he DIDN'T marry THAT well".

lol...Regal did treat him, but J-Hud can get it!!!

If u where wrestling in the 80s, then u shouldn't be wrestling in 2010
  • Mally_G
    edited June 2010
    Options
    f.e.d.s. wrote: »
    If u where wrestling in the 80s, then u shouldn't be wrestling in 2010

tell that ? to the promoters *cough*TNA*cough*
  • the1nonlyruru
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i think the dumbest aquisition TNA got was shannon moore. WTF nobody was checking for him and the only thing that this guy has been up to is getting more tatts. fail tna

and stop catering to nostalgia! scott hall is old and out of shape as ? ! it needs to end damnit
  • kirch
    kirch Members Posts: 62
    edited June 2010
    Options
    sadly, I agree; my interest has been piqued recently only due to the return of my ALL-TIME FAVORITE bret "the hitman" hart - I only wish he could still ccompete

me too.....
  • kirch
    kirch Members Posts: 62
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »
    Here's a random thought, and I'm pretty sure most of you have thought and wondered about this yourselves, but WTF is Darren Young?

Is he black, white, mixed........what?

His skin complexion is the most oddest in wrestling next to the Missing Link and The Amazon from the Pro Wrestling Nintendo game.

I thought the same thing. He looks like if John Cena and a troll doll had a baby and it grew up in jersey
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this board fell off once I stopped posting... smh. but I still see some good posters to be honest...
  • LadyF'nDip
    LadyF'nDip Members Posts: 17
    edited June 2010
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    this board fell off once I stopped posting... smh. but I still see some good posters to be honest...

Biz....baby come with me and leave this hellhole.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It hurts me to see ya ? still watch the disgrace called the wwe, cmon son .. As a kid there was nothing greater due in part because the attitude era had that exactly attitude. If its fake its fake, but those characters man clasic. Wwe now sucks nuts .. My ? move on.

Jericho debut >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Classic Rock = GOAT. ? had me rolling the way he talks, just all those phrases. He just dropped like what, 4 or 5 phrases there that the audience knows. What other wrestler has such power with phrases like Rock, damn!

Then that Jericho entrance. I remember this. Just now though, I got chills like ? when the crowd went nuts when they seen his name come up on the titiantron