Video: Faux News crys #WhataboutBlkonBlkCrime & then gets real time fact checked by Chi newswoman

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/11/chicago-newswoman-smacks-down-fox-guest-whining-about-black-on-black-crime-coverage/
Chicago newswoman smacks down Fox guest whining about ‘black-on-black crime’ coverage

Lynn Sweet, the Washington, D.C. bureau chief for the Chicago Sun-Times, held a Fox News contributor’s feet to the fire for spouting off untruths about so-called mainstream media coverage of Chicago crime rates during a segment on the police shooting death of Laquan McDonald.

The 17-year-old was gunned down last October, shot 16 times by Chicago police Officer Jason Van ? , who has been charged with first degree murder. Graphic video of the shooting was released this week, sparking protests.

Fox News host Leland Vittert and guest Cal Thomas wasted no time veering conversation away from the killing of the teen to “black-on-black crime,” a favorite talking point utilized by conservatives to distract from discussion of racialized police violence.

When asked by Vittert whether reporters are “intimidated” by protesters and not askingthem questions like, “why aren’t you protesting all of the other black murders that happen inside Chicago,” Thomas responded with the accusation that news organizations are not reporting on violent crime in Chicago.

“Black-on-black crime in Chicago is virtually ignored, certainly by the national media,” Thomas said, rattling off the number of shootings which he said were at 2,700 for 2015. “But that doesn’t seem to concern the mainstream media as much.”

Vittert then turned to Sweet, who pointed out their assumptions were not factual.

“There has been tremendous attention to crime in Chicago,” she said. “I don’t know how any person who is familiar with the situation says that there’s not.”

Sweet then pointed out that national news coverage of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s bid for reelection had focused on crime in Chicago.

“So I don’t even understand the premise of where you’re coming from on this one. Respectfully said,” she said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APZErLfwq5w

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to punch that cac in the face the tone of his voice is condescending and sarcastic
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    Just white folks playing dumb.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I want to punch that cac in the face the tone of his voice is condescending and sarcastic

Only a white ultra conservative/liberal can summon up that much self-righteousness
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That one dude in the middle is a ? . The dude on the left has made a good point but also a lack of black owned businesses in the community and backed by black dollars and job growth.
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pray that white on white crime becomes a real topic of discussion in 2016.....or the next white boy to shoot up a group of people is labelled as a terrorist...