Dragon Age: Inquisition vs The Witcher 3

Options
The Recipe
The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in IllGaming
I copped dai last week its a dope game but I loose interest in it quickly sometimes I load into it realize I have to do dialogue cut scenes then log off. It just takes to long to get to the action sometimes. I just got to skyhold a few days ago got about 10 to 15 hours in and havent played much since.

Im thinking about copping the witcher on black friday, how similar are they in regards to the dialogue scenes. Will I run into the same frustrations and boredom?

Dragon Age: Inquisition vs The Witcher 3 4 votes

Dragon Age
0%
The Witcher 3
100%
kingofkingzkzzldallas' 4 evaStoneColdMikey 4 votes

Comments

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The Witcher 3
    Honestly after having played through Witcher 3 for a third time, it's not even close. Only Fallout 4 can be compared to Witcher 3.
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just bought witcher3 so cant talk on it. But I lost interest in dai near end game and have no interest in finishing
  • HundredEyes
    HundredEyes Members Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah havent heard anyone say they finished DAI....Origins story was so much more interesting ? is absurd....
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Both take along time...

1 story mission away from completing DA:I about 70 hrs in, lvl 15, 2 dragons down...

I have not played The Witcher 3 yet but my homie played it for most of the summer and it seems similar in the conversation aspect...

Not sure what happened to western rpg's and these tedious convo trees but every time I play one I am reminded that I dislike that ? and usually stay away...
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    Both take along time...

1 story mission away from completing DA:I about 70 hrs in, lvl 15, 2 dragons down...

I have not played The Witcher 3 yet but my homie played it for most of the summer and it seems similar in the conversation aspect...

Not sure what happened to western rpg's and these tedious convo trees but every time I play one I am reminded that I dislike that ? and usually stay away...

Yea its similar but the maps are smaller and the traveling is a lil more seamless in the witcher which makes it less tedious to me. Im starting to realize im not a huge fan of the huge open worlds GTA V is collecting major dust, the travel and loading times in gta and dai ? those games for me.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The travel in between missions is ridiculous...

Sometimes I forgot what I am doing and free roam for an hr in these giant open sandbox games, inflated game hrs with nothing completed lol...

Bloodborne and Souls series has nailed imo, making things look big in scale but removed a lot of the free roam with the way the game world folds in like that...