Kobe Announces He Will Retire at the End of This Season

Options
13»

Comments

• Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this was just two years ago...his last good year was wasted on a bad squad

http://youtu.be/rx8nknl6oGE
  • Copper
    Options
    He claimed alot of souls in his 20 years

http://youtu.be/T6UnitdiLo0
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    03 or was it o4 he caught mad bodies in a month.. it was the same year he force Spreewell to lean back
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All he needs now to convince Peyton to join him in hanging that ? up, and we straight.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »
    All he needs now to convince Peyton to join him in hanging that ? up, and we straight.

you ?
  • Copper
    Options
    Mister B. wrote: »

Lol...I was thinking that ? too.... Peyton next to put in his 2 week notice
  • Copper
    Options
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    Damn this was just two years ago...his last good year was wasted on a bad squad

http://youtu.be/rx8nknl6oGE

C/S. He was going off that year and then that achilles injury hit him while he was dragging those bums to the playoffs.

Seen a lot of the old Kobe that year. Slamming on mofos.
  • Copper
    Options
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobes best game since the 17 asssist game last year.
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many times Kobe destroyed my young selfs hope (suns fan, lol).

I still remember tearing up after game 4 in the first round 05 playoffs when Kobe hit a lay up to send the game to overtime, and then hit the fadeaway two from the elbow as time expired to put the lakers up 3-1 in the series....

Suns came back and won the series but ? was heartbreaking that day!

? im a Suns fan.. and ? KOBE! lol
    Lakers was never our issue in the playoffs.. think we lost to them ? once..

it was them punk-ass Spurs i got a problem wit...
    started that hack a shaq ? .. broke my boy's JJ face knockin all the sense out of him to where he wanted to go to Atlanta to not be ? .. use to assault my ? Nash..

nah.. we use to give the Lakers that work..
    wasnt go say ? in here..

but u aint about to do my Suns like that. lol

You misrembering on some Brian Williams ? , JJ actually got hurt in the Dallas series, and the next series was the spurs and the suns were just overmatched.

Next year we lost to Dallas in WCF, am are was out the whole season, we didn't make the west finals again until 2010 when we lost to the lakers because nobody boxed out artest.

The other time we lost two spurs was because ? amare came off the bench and got suspended.

Also Nash deserved those MVPs ? what you heard, dude should have had three in a row, ? dirk stole that one.
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Cool now put him on a 20 minute restriction and build your future Lakers

LA should have been building for the future after Dallas swept them...keep Kobe, pau, fish and maybe odim or arrest and build young players around them that way you get younger, build and,stay competitive at the same time ala San Antonio

They'd been hittin jackpots on big free agent deals so they didn't think it'd be different when they brought Dwight in. It was unlikely they were gonna get quality building blocks for the future drafting 28-30th every time unless they were really lucky so I get it.

True...but spurs do it through trades and free agency... They haven been in the lottery since 97

Spurs players been taking discounts for about that long too. Plus Phil retiring didn't help the Lakers any, meanwhile the Spurs have had a more stable system and know what players they want in it.

Also the Spurs aren't the Lakers... Completely different culture.

16 Title years...
    Seemingly always in contention

You can't tell the Lakers fan base
    • "We are rebuilding"...
    • "We don't need Star Players..."

They don't even understand what that means.
  • eastbay510
    eastbay510 Members Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

LA should have been building for the future after Dallas swept them...keep Kobe, pau, fish and maybe odim or arrest and build young players around them that way you get younger, build and,stay competitive at the same time ala San Antonio

They'd been hittin jackpots on big free agent deals so they didn't think it'd be different when they brought Dwight in. It was unlikely they were gonna get quality building blocks for the future drafting 28-30th every time unless they were really lucky so I get it.

True...but spurs do it through trades and free agency... They haven been in the lottery since 97

Spurs players been taking discounts for about that long too. Plus Phil retiring didn't help the Lakers any, meanwhile the Spurs have had a more stable system and know what players they want in it.

16 Title years...

• "We are rebuilding"...

Yeah this is the longest the Lakers have been bad year to year.. at least that I can remember. I don't think they fell this low in the post Magic- pre Shaq & Kobe years.

Lakers always built through trades and free agency not the draft necessarily.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    eastbay510 wrote: »
    Peace_79 wrote: »

16 Title years...

• "We are rebuilding"...

Yeah this is the longest the Lakers have been bad year to year.. at least that I can remember. I don't think they fell this low in the post Magic- pre Shaq & Kobe years.

Lakers always built through trades and free agency not the draft necessarily.

thats such a huge misconception about the lakers. They always built through the draft. Outside of kareem the majority of the 80's dynasty were drafted by the lakers. The 90s team post magic was all through the draft, divac, eddie jones, van exel, elden campbell, and kobe . The truth of the matter is Shaq is the only big free agent the lakers have really ever signed.
  • Jonah 2.0
    Jonah 2.0 Members Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kobe wasn't drafted by the Lakers....
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jonah 2.0 wrote: »
    Kobe wasn't drafted by the Lakers....

BUt he was traded on draft day wasn't he? Devac for Kobe?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So many times Kobe destroyed my young selfs hope (suns fan, lol).

I still remember tearing up after game 4 in the first round 05 playoffs when Kobe hit a lay up to send the game to overtime, and then hit the fadeaway two from the elbow as time expired to put the lakers up 3-1 in the series....

Suns came back and won the series but ? was heartbreaking that day!

? im a Suns fan.. and ? KOBE! lol
    Lakers was never our issue in the playoffs.. think we lost to them ? once..

it was them punk-ass Spurs i got a problem wit...
    started that hack a shaq ? .. broke my boy's JJ face knockin all the sense out of him to where he wanted to go to Atlanta to not be ? .. use to assault my ? Nash..

nah.. we use to give the Lakers that work..
    wasnt go say ? in here..

but u aint about to do my Suns like that. lol

You misrembering on some Brian Williams ? , JJ actually got hurt in the Dallas series, and the next series was the spurs and the suns were just overmatched.

Next year we lost to Dallas in WCF, am are was out the whole season, we didn't make the west finals again until 2010 when we lost to the lakers because nobody boxed out artest.

The other time we lost two spurs was because ? amare came off the bench and got suspended.

Also Nash deserved those MVPs ? what you heard, dude should have had three in a row, ? dirk stole that one.

He deserved ONE.

The other one he got cuz Kobe was on his way to prison until that cave ? showed up with 3 different men's ? in her ? ass panties.

White ? wasn't the only ones Kobe was ? back in the Colorado season. Bruh was catching bodies left and right.

Kobe should have 2 MVPs right now. Maybe more if it was the "who is the best player i the league period?" award. But too many factors go into the MVP votes.