Options
2»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Well he has pretty much the entire team returning next season along with the #1 recruiting class. If he cant at least win the SEC West next season then his time if up.

what if he goes undefeated then loses to bama in nov? 11-1 is a failure?

Thats the misconception, outside of that Honey Badger team they haven't even been doin that

3 losses this and last tear, 5 the year before

All it takes is slowly accepting less and not stopping the bleeding and next thing you know you're USC, Miami, Michigan, or Texas. The U goin on 10+ years mediocrity after dominance . Texas gettin close to 10. Mich snapped out of it with 1 hire. Notre Dame is JUST coming out of a almost TWENTY YEAR rut. Lsu is no Notre Dame.

TAMU, Ole Miss, or Georgia gon rise up n ? around and win a title and LSU gon be ? . Ole Niss,already ramping upnwith NFL prospect recruits. They better shape up lls
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Well he has pretty much the entire team returning next season along with the #1 recruiting class. If he cant at least win the SEC West next season then his time if up.

what if he goes undefeated then loses to bama in nov? 11-1 is a failure?

yes. b/c more than likely, bama will be undefeated or only have one loss but they'll have the head to head win over LSU
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Don't necessarily think it's national championship or bust but Les is probably going to need to win the SEC and get LSU in the playoff they don't have to win it though.

I agree with S2J you will keep sliding your expectations and end up mediocre kinda like those Miami and USC programs have found themselves in recent years after being two of the most premier programs in college football in the early 2000s.
  • AP21
    Options
    my supervisor and i were talking about this yesterday

he is convinced Les is still a top recruiter. Me personally, i think he has stunted the growth of the program. He has brought in tons of talent, and while they are good enough to go to the pros, they couldve gone pro from any other school in the SEC sans Vanderbilt.

I told him, he is 3-8 against nick Saban. If im saban, and a kid is trying to decide b/t LSU and bama, i would just hold up a sign that reads "me or less"...pun intended
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Those same kids get recruited by Bama and the kids that Bama gets get recruited by Les.

But those kids do better coming out of LSU. I don't know why but they just do. Les is doing something that makes them better for the next level.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

he is convinced Les is still a top recruiter. Me personally, i think he has stunted the growth of the program. He has brought in tons of talent, and while they are good enough to go to the pros, they couldve gone pro from any other school in the SEC sans Vanderbilt.

I told him, he is 3-8 against nick Saban. If im saban, and a kid is trying to decide b/t LSU and bama, i would just hold up a sign that reads "me or less"...pun intended

biggest reason players pick LSU is because of the differences between the two. Les Miles is a recruiter point blank period. Look at the cats he had at OKstate before he left. they went from unranked in recruiting to consistently in the top 30.

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

Ehhh i know this sounds crazy but outside of a few top 5 game changer rectruits and also QBs, LSU and Alabama arent really even recruiting vs one another lol Bc really its a numbers game

Bc of the depth of bothbprograms every A1 recruit couldn't fo to Bama even,if thwy wantwd to, and same with LSU

They'll compete directly for the kids like Dashawn Hand, Miles Gareett, etc, the top top guys, but after that they both have a line wrapped around the corner for D line and DB prospects. Flip a coin

The issue is Bama aint in no danger of losing that 'come or dont, we gon be good' standing. Lsu is. And my guess is UGa gon start sniping away the defensive guys and TAMU gon snatch up the ones on offense
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.fox8live.com/story/30699654/zurik-lsu-releases-emails-about-les-miles

To me the last paragraph tells you alot about SEC football as a whole.

And board member Rolfe McColister seemed bothered by the attention going to football, writing: "The public and fans are divided. What I don't hear is their position on who we hire for Provost. The key academic position and one king also has to make and we hear nothing [sic]. Only views on football coach. This speaks volume. Same with media. Oh well, we see their priorities."

LSU hired a new provost. http://www.nola.com/education/index.ssf/2015/11/lsu_names_richard_koubek_new_e.html

The old provost returned to University of Alabama where he was the Dean of College of Engineering.
  • AP21
    Options
    LSU is one huge pile of white privilege