Final Fantasy 7 remake: combat footage

Hevalisk
Hevalisk Members Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
The design for Cloud is terrible, ? looking sickly as ? .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

Comments

• Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave it to square to fix what ain't broke... R.I.P. to menu based turn by turn battles.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? looks wack. They are gonna release it as episodic content too.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abraxas wrote: »
    Leave it to square to fix what ain't broke... R.I.P. to menu based turn by turn battles.

Menu based turn by turn battles were WOAT. This is what I wanted in a FF game!!!!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turn based battles were cool, but they already said they were trying to make the game fresh and not just the same old thing with upscale graphics. It would have been hard for them to do that with turn based combat. There isn't much new you can do with that.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm playing the ? outta this
  • anduin
    anduin Members Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭✭✭
    everyone is going to cop this if just to try
  • Hevalisk
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/12/07/ff7-remake-producer-remake-not-completely-action-based/
    “I can’t say the new game is completely action-based, but it has more of that element and real-time than the previous game.”

It might still be "turn based", but just more like the ff13-2 and 13-3 version of turn based.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hevalisk wrote: »
    The design for Cloud is terrible, ? looking sickly as ? .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3sBZ5Nr4hc

Cloud was never brolic but it's still early. I'll cop once they bundle all the episodes together
  • The Lonious Monk
    edited December 2015
    Cloud was always depicted as being scrawny. If you've actually played the game, you'd understand why that makes a lot more sense than having him actually look like some adonis like super soldier.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/12/07/ff7-remake-producer-remake-not-completely-action-based/
    “I can’t say the new game is completely action-based, but it has more of that element and real-time than the previous game.”

It might still be "turn based", but just more like the ff13-2 and 13-3 version of turn based.

I don't know if you caught it, but at the end, dude basically said their approach to developing was this game was to take Advent Children and have that level of graphical quality be the normal gameplay. That's crazy.
  • Hevalisk
    Cloud was always depicted as being scrawny. If you've actually played the game, you'd understand why that makes a lot more sense than having him actually look like some adonis like super soldier.

I don't know if you caught it, but at the end, dude basically said their approach to developing was this game was to take Advent Children and have that level of graphical quality be the normal gameplay. That's crazy.

Him being simply skinny isn't my problem, his skin is extremely pale, and his body has a bad desigb. His build in advent children was good, but in this he looks like I was of those creatures from the descent.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean they said they were gonna expand and add on to the game the things they couldn't technologically do in the original so I'm all for it. I always felt with the advancement of gaming consoles how much content they wanted to out into put into old games but just literally could not do it.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultima, emerald, and Ruby weapon are going to be ? insane in this game I bet.
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

Him being simply skinny isn't my problem, his skin is extremely pale, and his body has a bad desigb. His build in advent children was good, but in this he looks like I was of those creatures from the descent.

Advent Children is after FF7. FF7 is after crisis core in which he suffered from Mako poisoning. He was a regular Shinra foot soldier, working out wasn't apart of the game plan. He was always pale as well.

Everyone needs to play Crisis Core on the PSP before making assumptions about this game.

And yes, it is using a similar battle style to Crisis Core, and KH. RPG battles are too slow for modern games.
  • Hevalisk
    Paprika wrote: »

Advent Children is after FF7. FF7 is after crisis core in which he suffered from Mako poisoning. He was a regular Shinra foot soldier, working out wasn't apart of the game plan. He was always pale as well.

Everyone needs to play Crisis Core on the PSP before making assumptions about this game.

And yes, it is using a similar battle style to Crisis Core, and KH. RPG battles are too slow for modern games.

I have.

Where was it ever stated mako poisoning makes you look like a creature from the decent? (Not counting concentrated mako turning people into monsters)

Aside from the glow to cloud's eyes, I don't ever remember hearing about a relation to cloud's physical appearance and mako poisoning.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm damn near in tears

My childhood in HD .

I was upset @ turn based battles being gone but once I actually seen the battle, man. I can't wait to play out those memorable battles in real time

This is gonna be something else
  • vagrant-718
    edited December 2015
    Cloud was always scrawny, wouldn't make sense for him to be fit since he was never good enuf to make the elite squad

Plus majority of Japanese heroes been scrawny
  • Hevalisk
    Cloud was always scrawny, wouldn't make sense for him to be fit since he was never good enuf to make the elite squad

I keep saying him being "scrawny" isnt my problem with his appearance, well, actually this is only my second time.

His appearance is closer to that of a concentration camp refugee, than that of a skinny person.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF this, remake that, only thing I care about is if it's better than witcher 3.
  • Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awe damn...such humbling beginnings when Cloud was doing jobs with AVALANCHE
  • The Lonious Monk

I keep saying him being "scrawny" isnt my problem with his appearance, well, actually this is only my second time.

His appearance is closer to that of a concentration camp refugee, than that of a skinny person.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it's really a problem. The Mako literally poisoned him. It makes sense to make him look a little sickly. That said, I don't know if that's what they were actually going for.
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

this ? me off. ? why
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest if I play this, it won't be for the battles. I don't mind a lil switch up but got damn ? makin' ? feel old
  • The Lonious Monk

this ? me off. ? why

People are making too much out of the episodic comment. Well, to be more accurate they are making too much out of it this early. The reason they are doing it as episodes is because they don't believe they can make the game they want as a single game. Each episode will be a full game's worth of content. If you remember back when they did that FF7 demo for the PS3 when it was about to be released, people asked if it meant they were going to do a FF7 demo. And they said "No" because they didn't just want to make the same game with modern graphics, but the game they wanted to make would be too big. Releasing it as episodes seems to be their solution for that problem.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The original was episodic . 3 discs .
  • vagrant-718
    Just wait til they bundle all the episodes then cop, not that serious