So when it comes to a smartphone what features do you look for?

13»

Comments

• Stiff
    Stiff Members Posts: 7,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @xxCivcxx you prefer windows over macs too?
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stiff wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Apple logo...

i used to have androids but they only last me about 2 years on average before they start to ? up. Apple's ? just works..and for a long time

How long have you had 1 iPhone?

More than a year?

I don't know too many people who've had the same iPhone for more than a year. I see people upgrading every 6 months or so

So 2 years for a smartphone is spectacular

I had my Evo for almost 4 years

I had my iphone4 for 3 years and it still worked a1 when I upgraded to the 6plus earlier this year which is what I have now

Before that I had the g1 and then got the g2 and they both lasted roughly 2 years a piece if that

Cool

You're a pretty rare case if you didn't know
  • xxCivicxx

Most definitely
  • xxCivicxx

Or I should say I prefer more open source operating systems
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude is way to aggy over something as simple as cell phones
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when you bought a cell phone to make calls and play snake?
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZuluQueen wrote: »
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    I got an HTC One M8 early last year and the battery life on it is still spectacular

I don't think I've ever had a Samsung phone, all (2 of)my smartphones have been HTC.

Evo 4G then this

Ur lucky. The one I had was trash

I'm not lucky

I know what I'm doing lol

My major was computer engineering

Can you explain why my Galaxy s6 and one M9 run slow compared to my iPhone 6 which has many apps on it? Both my droids have barley any apps on them and they both run slow, crash all the time, but my iPhone runs like butter, and have yet to even have one crash.

Can you also explain why the apps on my iPhone look, and are designed better, and also run better than the same apps on my droids? And also why does the apps on my iPhone get updated faster than the apps on my droid? Sometime it takes 2 week for an app update to appear on Android.

well the thing is, IOS is offered on one phone, whereas android is offered over hundreds

on top of all that, you have the companies putting their OS' on top of android which may cause issues.

Thats not a knock on Android, but more of a knock on the company that chose to use Android as their OS platform (samsung, LG, HTC, etc...)

the best android experiences are found on Google's phones b/c they have NO bloat from carriers and their experience is "vanilla"

which is why whenever they release a new update, it might be months to a year when your particular model might see it b/c it has to go through extensive testing at the carrier to make sure nothing breaks

AGAIN, not a fault of Android

if you really wanna make an apples to apples comparison, you may want to compare what Android is like on a Nexus device (google's phone) vs. and iphone.
  • the dukester
    the dukester Members Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call, text, video/camera. ? all the other bells & whistles.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cain wrote: »
    Lol.if you don't have a Android you're playing yourself.

These iPhone ? don't wanna hear it fam smh they've been indoctrinated by the Apple. Gassed fam. They've always got excuses. "Ahh my battery is low coz I havent charged it in 2 days" smh every time when you look at their ? battery.
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Basically i want a phone that is customizable. i love using 3rd party keyboards, widgets, and modifying the ui layout.. i also want complete access to the file system. i want a file manager that can save local files to a specific directory and will allow me to organize emulator roms. therefore an android smartphone is the obvious and the most sensible choice. this need for customization and upgradability extends to pc's as well. which is why for desktops/laptops i use windows devices and linux. the term "Apple" is an obscenity in my household outside of music production