Seriously when will remakes stop and who watches them?

destro1
destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
edited June 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
This has been bugging me for sometime now and it does not seem to be ending soon , and with The Karate Kid remake doing well Hollywood will be rubbing there hands in glee, churning out this ? , who the ? goes and watches these inferior films?

Is this not a cheap way for Hollywood making cash without paying for new ideas and are they trying to make children relive the 80s without the soul most of these films had.

Comments

• Neslom
    Neslom Members Posts: 431
    edited June 2010
    I guess some part of it is because they want to update the technology. It is also good business because you already have a popular movie, so people will recognize the name and then you just have to put some of new hot actors/actresses in it. I doubt there is any great idea behind it than money.
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Neslom wrote: »
    I guess some part of it is because they want to update the technology. It is also good business because you already have a popular movie, so people will recognize the name and then you just have to put some of new hot actors/actresses in it. I doubt there is any great idea behind it than money.

IMO thats what made some of those movies great... they couldnt rely on CGI or special effects... soo the story and acting HAD to be on point
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    That karate kid remake was on point so I guess its kinda hit and miss sometimes
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    shenco wrote: »
    that kung fu kid remake was on point so i guess its kinda hit and miss sometimes

f i x e d lol
  • destro1
    destro1 Members Posts: 622 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Thats another thing , the Karate kid remake just shows they tried to ? off the first movie by naming it KARATE KID, they could have called it KUNG FU Kid and people would still watch it but they knew to capitalize on the better first film
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    You already know most ignorant ? would generalize kung-fu and Karate as the same thing lmao. besides the Kung-fu kid doesn't have the same flair as The Karate Kid. Plus it's kind of a minor detail in the broad spectrum of the movie. I was the only one in the theater who noticed the difference between Karate and kung-fu and by the end of the film it had completely left my mind