It matters to me ....

Comments

• MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Nice responses by all

• MistyKnight
    MistyKnight Members Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    MsSouthern wrote: »
    Ladies .... What issues matter to you the most ?

Social injustice against my race/Racism
    Any issue regarding family.

What is your passion?

Advocating for anti-racism / anti-white supremacy
    Nursing

Do you give back to your community ?

At the moment I am not financially able to give to black charities the way that I would like to, but I do give back to the community by praising the beautiful black kings and queens of this earth by going out of my way to let them know that their natural hair and gorgeous dark skin is the most beautiful of them all.

And I do my best to awaken those who still have yet to have their wakeup call and see this foolish world for what it is. Make them see how the media tries to fool us into believing that Caucasian features are desireable meanwhile black features are undesireable. ? foolish.

I am also doing my part by raising a beautiful, strong, smart, educated, unapologetic daughter who will have a self esteem greater than mt. Everest itself.

I aspire to build her up so much that she will be able to pave the way for her peers and also make them see that black is beautiful in every shade, kink, or curl. With every project that she has in school, I will make sure that there's something in there regarding anti-racism to teach those kids. With every ? history book that she recieves, I will go through it and make sure that they spell ? out for what it was and not attempt to downplay the atrocities of slavery, Jim crow laws, etc.

Those of us who don't have much to give financially, don't sweat it. What matters most are what we teach our children. They are the future.

This can be a political thread or not

*all obnoxious posts will be deleted *

• Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kat wrote: »
    Chicity wrote: »
    Stop making this about you Chi.

Nice posts, ladies.
    It's not about me, KAT

It's about males in general and this bias that this thread has

Either we ALL have a voice or not. That's equality

Quit ? crying and contribute or don't but let's not ruin a good thread because the question was posed to the females of the IC.

@yellowtapesport It is your best bargaining tool in our current society, and I'm not opposed to a higher education. The problem for me is how a degree is required, yet that same degree can't ensure you will live a comfortable life. I have a problem with rising tuitions and the fact that we aren't all privy to a higher education. There is bias in the system, whether it's due to race or economic standing...and this is for something that essentially REQUIRED to succeed in the workforce.

Changes need to be made.
    No and no

OP needs to be changed.....now
  • MsSouthern
    While I appreciate your input I'm not changing the OP

• Chi Snow
    Sexism!

Im a lil surprised @ you Sou, this won't be forgotten......
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    muhfugga chi...if yo ass dont stop with the ? brah lol

man they are posting and engaged in the topic at hand...dont be a distraction
  • Chi Snow
    AP21 wrote: »
    muhfugga chi...if yo ass dont stop with the ? brah lol

man they are posting and engaged in the topic at hand...dont be a distraction
    ? you and ya feelings b

In case you ain't notice the OP says "Ladies" so unless you got a ? between your legs then guess what, you a distraction also

Why isn't this engaging topic directed at both sexes? Why weren't we included???
  • Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause y'all ruin everything just like you doing now.

She clearly said men were free to give their input anyway.

Stop being a little ? .
  • Chi Snow
    Cause y'all ruin everything just like you doing now.

She clearly said men were free to give their input anyway.

Stop being a little ? .
    Am I talking 2 u? Or are you yet again sticking ya wide nose in some ? that don't concern you?

Be gone Kitty Kat or stick to the topic at hand why were males omitted from the OP?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the thread asks for ladies response and u dudes cant help but to throw ur 10 cents in?
  • MsSouthern
    edited December 2015
    the thread asks for ladies response and u dudes cant help but to throw ur 10 cents in?

I don't mind the input if they are serious about it

• ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Money, ? and weed.
    I worry about the future generations and if my little sisters will be able to flourish and be respected without being pressured by society's standards of beauty. I hope that they look to me to provide honesty about the world around them.

I also think a lot about finances and I'm disappointed with the lack of knowledge that's passed down in the black community. I'm taking strides to teach myself fiscal responsibility so that I'm able to share it with those around me.

I wish that I had the time and effort to put into protesting the racial injustices in my city but I'm too concerned with the well being of my immediate family and how to make sure we survive out here...

I think about the lies I was told as a youth as far as religion and politics go... How ? up life can be if you never expand your world view.. How easy it is to become a statistic...I worry about the exploitation of black/hiphop culture and how watered down it's becoming...

That's just a few random thoughts. What matters most to me is my pursuit of fulfillment. Setting personal goals and obtaining them while trying to enjoy myself during the process. Keeping my family in good health and giving love to those that love me.

Sounds selfish when I type it out but everything else falls second to me and mines.

Beautiful mama...I expected no less
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    look, i don't believe in equality between men and women, i just don't. This does not mean one gender is superior to the other it just means we are different because our brains and hormones function differently and THE roles we are inclined to play are different.

I AM However sincere in my desire to see all women treated with the respect they DESERVE. My passion is making money and leaving my children a strong foundation so that one day hopefully they or my grandchildren can make it into the 1 % and hopefully they take my principles with them when they get there.

pretty much my passions are RELIGION,family and money
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    MsSouthern wrote: »

I don't mind the input if they are serious about it
    Just trying to be respectful here...
  • scorpio4lfe
    scorpio4lfe Members Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great Thread and topic @MsSouthern . I will have to respond on a laptop though. I loathe typing lengthy comments on mobile. I got you though.
  • yellowtapesport
    yellowtapesport Members Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    zzombie wrote: »
    look, i don't believe in equality between men and women, i just don't. This does not mean one gender is superior to the other it just means we are different because our brains and hormones function differently and THE roles we are inclined to play are different.

I AM However sincere in my desire to see all women treated with the respect they DESERVE. My passion is making money and leaving my children a strong foundation so that one day hopefully they or my grandchildren can make it into the 1 % and hopefully they take my principles with them when they get there.

pretty much my passions are RELIGION,family and money

Might get Ebola from agreeing with this guy but great post @zzombie
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    My Legacy, coming to the world, doin my thing and leavin my world and people around me in better shape than I found them. Showin my nieces how they should be treated, and my nephews how to be men of honor and respect, and having them help raise my own children with the same values that I taught them. Family is pretty much everything to me. I really want to see my people(Black people) prosper, and be better, but I know it starts with me taking care of the things that I can control. I'm the first boy, and the oldest boy of 2 in a family full of women and no fathers, so my position as a man is really, really important to me because i'm all a lot of people can count on, and I know I can change our direction. I know this for the ladies, but this somethin i'd die about. Alot of dope ? in here by the way.
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZuluQueen
    ZuluQueen Members Posts: 190
    edited December 2015
    What issues matter to you the most ?

The issues that matter most to me are the marginalization of Black women, social injustices of those of African decent in the western world, the exploitation of Africa, Black economic inequality, along with the social devaluation of the Black family structure.

What is your passion?

Psychology, I'm currently in graduate school working on my masters; my 3rd degree, and my second in psychology, as I already has a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Spelman College. My passions also includes my husband, my family, and my family owned business.

Yes, I do. Matter of fact my entire family does, as I stated on this forum before my family owns a large funeral home in Florida, and we have given back to the community greatly and continue to do so. Just this Thanksgiving we supplied those from Black low SES with not only turkeys, but also fruits and vegetables (which we provide to the community 6 times a year), as a means of educating the community on healthy eating. We see too many Black people coming in here dying from preventable diseases. We also have given back tremendously to those who have suffered violent deaths, where as their families lacked the resources to provide burial.

I also give back through my husbands organization, which I will not name on here; however, he works with division 1 football athletes, and has recently started a non-profit organization to tackle some of the issues he has observed over the years in the locker room.

I also give back to my community through my sorority, Alpha Kappa Alpha.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    ZuluQueen wrote: »

The issues that matter most to me are the marginalization of Black women, social injustices of those of African decent in the western world, the exploitation of Africa, Black economic inequality, along with the social devaluation of the Black family structure.

What is your passion?

Psychology, I'm currently in graduate school working on my masters; my 3rd degree, and my second in psychology, as I already has a Bachelor of Science in Psychology from Spelman College. My passions also includes my husband, my family, and my family owned business.

Yes, I do. Matter of fact my entire family does, as I stated on this forum before my family owns a large funeral home in Florida, and we have given back to the community greatly and continue to do so. Just this Thanksgiving we supplied those from Black low SES with not only turkeys, but also fruits and vegetables (which we provide to the community 6 times a year), as a means of educating the community on healthy eating. We see too many Black people coming in here dying from preventable diseases. We also have given back tremendously to those who have suffered violent deaths, where as their families lacked the resources to provide burial.

I also give back through my husbands organization, which I will not name on here; however, he works with division 1 football athletes, and has recently started a non-profit organization to tackle some of the issues he has observed over the years in the locker room.

What is your passion?

u lightskin?
  • ZuluQueen
    ZuluQueen Members Posts: 190

What is your passion?

What is your passion?

u lightskin?

Yes.