Tekken 7 Fated Retribution thread (Akuma reveal)

Options
Fosheezy
Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2015 in IllGaming
Kazumi in the dojo on her knees talking to someone in the doorway but you couldn't see who it was all you could see was the shadow. Well, 6 something months later, now, they finally reveal who it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZAp2Xd_1HM

It's ? over.

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Again is ? tier
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    Harada need to tweak his model a bit more though. ? basically look like a copy and paste job of SF 4 Akuma
  • Paprika
    Paprika Members Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He's actually going to be apart of the story?

At least this game looks like it's been a few years since Tekken 6 took place.
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? damn, Akuma is a fighting game mercenary. ? hopping from universe to universe to ? people up.

Him and Ryu. They really about that life.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    It is random in the sense that no one expected him t just pop up outta nowhere in t7 but it's understandable because don't forget Tekken X SF is still in the works quietly.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    It is random in the sense that no one expected him t just pop up outta nowhere in t7 but it's understandable because don't forget Tekken X SF is still in the works quietly.

True, but even with that in mind, it's still random. They aren't just including him in the game as a guest character. He's been inserted into the Tekken canon.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    What system? First day cop btw
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    PS4 first I believe. If I'm not mistaken, what they showed was the PS4 version.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lets Go!!!! @Sion @KillaCham

aint it PS4 exclusive?
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this the current tekken 7 build or is this some new ? ?
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options

Typically, with Tekken, they always put the vanilla version out in the Arcade and then bring an update to the consoles. For example, Tekken 6 went to the Arcade and when it came to the consoles it was Tekken 6: ? Rebellion. This essentially the same thing even though this version will be in the Arcade a little while too.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    This game needed this , they been struggling to build hype
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    This game needed this , they been struggling to build hype

All the new characters they brought for this game were wack. Akuma is the first one that's actually interesting. I guess Kasumi is alright too, but she's nothing that would get anyone hyped.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Typically, with Tekken, they always put the vanilla version out in the Arcade and then bring an update to the consoles. For example, Tekken 6 went to the Arcade and when it came to the consoles it was Tekken 6: ? Rebellion. This essentially the same thing even though this version will be in the Arcade a little while too.

I think that's why they added akuma, but they need to go ahead and drop the game, it's not get more interesting then this. Anyone know how long these joints stay in the arcade before they hit consoles
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    They do need to drop it. SFV will be out in February and this game doesn't even have a console release date. That's ridiculous when you consider the fact that T7 was announce damn near a year before SFV.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It looks like a preview for whenever they decide to release Tekken X Street Fighter. Having Akuma as a canon character is random as ? though. Just further evidence that they're just making the Tekken story up as they go along.
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    random thought they should bring back good kazuya..at least a costume of Kazuya before devil gene start taking over
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    I heard they got contracts with the arcades that they wont release the console version until arcades can make.their money on arcade machines.

Sf4 had the same thing you gotta realize they pay like 20k per arcade machine
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    i heard the opposite that Namco not interested in bringing T7 out in US arcades. ? is not for sale, you can't even buy a cabinet for US.
  • The Lonious Monk
    Options
    i heard the opposite that Namco not interested in bringing T7 out in US arcades. ? is not for sale, you can't even buy a cabinet for US.

He's talking about in Japan. The game has been in arcades there for a while.
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Yea it's really expensive to get a cabinet in the US I heard they got a deal with Dave and Busters though they releasing the pokemon pokken tournament game at a bunch of.us Dave and busters
  • Fosheezy
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »

Yea it's really expensive to get a cabinet in the US I heard they got a deal with Dave and Busters though they releasing the pokemon pokken tournament game at a bunch of.us Dave and busters

forgot all about that, man aint nobody bout to waste time playing that ?