My car is going to get repo'ed, what can I do?

#Kew
#Kew Members Posts: 299
edited June 2010 in Strictly Business
I'm behind on 2 payments as of today and I won't be able to get caught up until the July 9th when I get paid again. Is there anything I can do to get back in good standing or am I pretty much screwed? ;-(

Comments

• Reina B
    Reina B Members Posts: 2,190 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Call em and explain your situation and make arrangements to pay in full what is owed.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • #Kew
    #Kew Members Posts: 299
    edited June 2010
    technically i'm behind one but my next one is due on the 1st. when i moved to atl, my job screwed me over now i don't make nearly what i was making before and plus my roommate still hasn't found a job so I'm trying hard not to get evicted. what should i tell the bank when i ask about the refinancing?
  • bigduece69
    bigduece69 Members Posts: 387 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Believe it or not, most companies will work with you if you call them and let them know about your financial situation. The least you could do is call them and explain to them that you'll be able to catch up with payments on the 9th and I'm sure they will work with you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Well your first order of business is make sure you're not being followed when going to a public place and if possible park your car in your garage or on private property when at home that way they can not legally take your car (although they will try anyway but if you catch them and hurry up and call the police and report a robbery in progress and the police get there before they take it...they'll make them leave that ? there cuz they cant come on your ? .

....at least in CA thats the law.

Other than that do everything else these people told you to about payment.