Concussion Staring Will Smith December 2015

Options
TheBossman
TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Saw the movie last night. It was bad but wasn't great either.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^

I laugh every time I see that...
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie was great.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tried to watch but the movie times were all over the place
    Meanwhile star wars was playing every hour shiiiiiiiit every half hour damn near
    I look at it as the powers that be tryna keep the black man down
    I'll make an effort to c it another time even though it looks meh via the trailers
  • Rampage12
    Rampage12 Members Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Meanwhile star wars was playing every hour shiiiiiiiit every half hour damn near
    I'll make an effort to c it another time even though it looks meh via the trailers
    Or maybe theaters make times off of supply and demand, Star Wars has made $540.6 million in two weeks in the US alone while Concussion opened up at #6 in it's first week, hell The Big Short beat it out in it's third week and it's hardly been promoted. This shouldn't be hard to understand.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't kno what the execs @ the movie company were thinkin. cuz this is prolly the worst time of the year to drop this movie. College Bowls/CFB Playoff season and NFL playoffs bout to start. aint no one feelin this ? right bout now. smh
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    This dud is exactly what Will deserve for picking this safe ass role

Tell dee trewwff

yeah the good guy savior roles have ran their course with will.
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good film. Will Smith and dramas go hand in hand. Can't wait til he does bad boys 3 tho
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »
    I don't kno what the execs @ the movie company were thinkin. cuz this is prolly the worst time of the year to drop this movie. College Bowls/CFB Playoff season and NFL playoffs bout to start. aint no one feelin this ? right bout now. smh

That's not the issue if it was actually a good movie it would have gotten an audience especially now that Oscar seasons coming up. People eat melodrama up big time during this time of year. The reason it's doing bad is not because of the subject matter it's because it's a generic ass "by the book" movie and people see through it.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Another trash film for will smith

Damn bro fell off
  • TheBossman
    Options

Tell dee trewwff
    Max. wrote: »

Damn bro fell off

The nominations for the 73rd Golden Globe Awards were announced on Thursday morning, and include Will Smith’s nomination for best actor in a drama for the movie Concussion.

http:// www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/10/golden-globe-nominations-will-smith-sylvester-stallone-concussions-creed-movie

Yeah, terrible acting, why he take this role for?

tumblr_led1wbfr9W1qdlkgg.gif
  • Rampage12
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »

Tell dee trewwff
    Max. wrote: »

Damn bro fell off

The nominations for the 73rd Golden Globe Awards were announced on Thursday morning, and include Will Smith’s nomination for best actor in a drama for the movie Concussion.

http:// www.si.com/nfl/2015/12/10/golden-globe-nominations-will-smith-sylvester-stallone-concussions-creed-movie

Yeah, terrible acting, why he take this role for?

tumblr_led1wbfr9W1qdlkgg.gif

Golden Globes and Oscars are both ? in how they vote. Hell one member of the Academy voted for 12 Years a Slave for Best Picture and admitted he hand't even seen it, he just said it "had the feel, message, and presence of a movie that should win." or some ? like that.

Just because he got nominated and rocked an accent doesn't mean that Concussion isn't pure Oscar bait trash. I've never seen a movie try so hard to suck up for awards.

• gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »
    Or maybe theaters make times off of supply and demand, Star Wars has made $540.6 million in two weeks in the US alone while Concussion opened up at #6 in it's first week, hell The Big Short beat it out in it's third week and it's hardly been promoted. This shouldn't be hard to understand.

I choose to believe my powers that be theory
    Good day
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Rampage12 wrote: »

I choose to believe my powers that be theory
    Good day

You're choosing to believe ?
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I know this movie was Oscar bait

That doesn't mean it's an enjoyable movie .
    It's jus a late Oscar push that will result in a nomination .
    At this point in the game Will shouldn't be playing for a nod. He's supposed to be going for the win.

• RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm not blaming him cause he does have a brand to protect but I really don't think Will will ever take a truly risky role until he's old
  • TheBossman
    Options
    Lol at he got nominated for an award, but it's still ? . Smh.
  • Rampage12
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    Lol at he got nominated for an award, but it's still ? . Smh.

LOL at you thinking the awards aren't ? .

http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/5-behind-scenes-facts-about-how-oscars-dont-work/
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

That's not the issue if it was actually a good movie it would have gotten an audience especially now that Oscar seasons coming up. People eat melodrama up big time during this time of year. The reason it's doing bad is not because of the subject matter it's because it's a generic ass "by the book" movie and people see through it.

have you seen the movie?

@Broddie
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

have you seen the movie?

@Broddie

Nah not interested. But critic and audience reactions have generally been less than stellar. Check out any critic and user review aggregator (metacritic or Rotten Tomatoes).