LOL @ J Cole, Drake Or Kendrick Being As Important, Influential Or As Good As KRS One

13»

Comments

• usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this thread is really a KRS One appreciation thread, but TS couldn't say KRS appreciation thread because no one would come in it. He basically just threw the 3 most popular rappers of this generation in the title to get attention.
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannnn the man has no flow an his ? has not aged well...? said his stage show goood...lol he is a poe mans rakim an a suckers chuck d..
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yoo dude said

KRS ones albums >>>> the chronic and 2001

I can't do this anymore b @Nah Son

Bruh you on your own lol Ive learned not to ? with 5 Grizzy once he hits you with a "emphatic nosign!" its over all hail KRS the Goat
  • kliiimaxx
    kliiimaxx Members Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    The generation of the '60's used to say what or who the generation of the '90's was listening to was ? , just like how the generation of the '90's is doing now, well at time's, people all ways tend to look back with a nostalgia
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmaoooo at Big Krit & Vince Staples being better than J. Cole. This whole thread for the dogs
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    EyeofAsaru wrote: »
    Based on sheer storytelling and substance?

No the new ? cant touch the O.Gs

Based on melody and new ways to flow lyrics over beats?

Yes The new ? put a new spin on the genre

I'll admit that the new generation has a different style of flowing. But I think its wack. I honestly don't see what people see in Drake. I bought one of his albums and only played it once because just as I was starting to get into it he'd start singing with auto tune.

Whatever happened to digging in the crates, finding a hot sample and rapping over it with your regular voice?

Bruuuu this is a new generation let it go alot of younger folks don't even know who krs one is
    Hell I've never heard a song from the ? and I'm not gonna start now cuz well...... Ion give af abt him lol foh all in yo feelings
  • Gee_has_hot_picture
    Gee_has_hot_picture Members Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭
    pretty simple kend//jcole wouldnt last long or even remotely blow up in the late 90s early 00s

drake would have a chance based on him being a RnB singer for the ?

all three of those artist are overrated as ? because of how week hip-hop is. sorry but this genre has been watered down, its the new country music, has its lane but its week compared to the greats

you would have to be a handicap ? if you think kendrick could ever touch anything snoop//ice cube//tupac did in there prime

• SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Also you gotta keep in mind that back in the day we had clear distinctions between rap, r&b and pop music whereas now we live in an era of sellouts and crossover acts.

A lot of today's so-called hip-hop fans (both on this board and off) are really just pop music fans riding whatever the popular wave is. Once you accept that you can decide what their opinions are actually worth.

Exhibit A:
    Like I said J Cole is late 90s nas. He's good and has a sizeable fan base but he's basically irrelevant in pop culture and no one who really maters is checking for dude.

Who thinks like that?
  • SELASI_i
    SELASI_i Members Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SneakDZA wrote: »
    Also you gotta keep in mind that back in the day we had clear distinctions between rap, r&b and pop music whereas now we live in an era of sellouts and crossover acts.

A lot of today's so-called hip-hop fans (both on this board and off) are really just pop music fans riding whatever the popular wave is. Once you accept that you can decide what their opinions are actually worth.

Exhibit A:
    Like I said J Cole is late 90s nas. He's good and has a sizeable fan base but he's basically irrelevant in pop culture and no one who really maters is checking for dude.

Who thinks like that?

I can't remember who I heard explain that but they was going in about how once hip hop or rap became globalized and filtered into almost every genre of music, it was more of a detriment than a benefit. when hip hop was isolated and looked at as a niche genre it flourished and we felt like it was "our thing", now that hip hop is everywhere, it is nowhere. if that makes any sense.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The brigde is over
    My philosophy

These two songs runs circles around coles,Drake catalogue lets be clear.
  • MrJR
    MrJR Members Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭✭
    Lol @ causing the crowd to be hype meaning your impact is huge ? I've bee to shows where i went wild not because of the performer because I was ? . ? and High people do the wildest stuff regardless ? could be playing the harmonica when I'm ? and I wilding like he is 2pac
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Granpa the woat thread maker ? damn what a ? thread topic
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Grand wrote: »
    KRS was on a major label from 1987-1997. Who was hotter than KRS between 1987-1997?

Arguably LL Cool J, Ice Cube maybe Dr Dre.

Rakim was hot from 86-92 but he took a break while KRS kept going.

Kool G Rap could rhyme his ass off but he never made that 5 mic classic.

Too Short had the West Coast on lock but cats on the East Coast weren't feeling him.

Slick Rick was in jail.

Treach was dope but KRS has a good 5 years on him.

Big and Pac were hot from 94-97 but KRS had already been out for 8 years.

Nas was just getting started when KRS's contract ended with Jive.

Jay Z had a few false starts and didn't really get going until after KRS went independent.

What the f&$k is your point sir?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ J Cole, Drake Or Kendrick Being As Important, Influential Or As Good As KRS One

You right...they MORE important and MORE influential