Chicago pigs ? again.. 2 People Killed After Officers Respond To Domestic Disturbance...

124»

Comments

• D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIrRsw4bpzs

Smh.. This some heartbreaking ? to watch...

I may be wrong but I personally feel like ? the father he a ? ? for calling the police. How you live in the same city of where they just released the video of the police murdering L. McDonald and think calling the same police department is the right move. Then you call your ? neighbor to open the door for the police. But you couldn't think of calling his mother, friends or family first to try anything to calm your son down before calling your oppressor.

I just can't fathom the moves he made and respect anything he has to say about it.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-rahm-emanuel-police-plan-20151229-story.html
    Emanuel's police plan calls for every street cop to be equipped with Taser by summer

Mayor Rahm Emanuel is expected to announce changes in tactics and training for Chicago police on Wednesday, including a goal for every officer on street duty to be equipped with a Taser by summer.

A few details of the announcement were released late Tuesday night, and they seemed aimed at addressing several policing concerns that have been put under the microscope in the wake of last month’s release of dash-cam video showing a white Chicago police officer shoot and ? African American teen Laquan McDonald in 2014.

Emanuel also is expected to announce new training for the department that will emphasize teaching officers to try to de-escalate conflicts rather than to see every confrontation as a “shoot or don’t shoot” situation. It was unclear late Tuesday how the training that Chicago police officials described differs from current procedure.

The mayor will appear at a 2 p.m. Wednesday City Hall news conference, his first public appearance since cutting short a family vacation in Cuba after an officer last weekend shot a 19-year-old man and a 55-year-old mother of five while responding to a domestic disturbance call on the West Side.

Since the release of the McDonald video in late November, Emanuel has been forced to change course numerous times on high-profile police issues. He fired police Superintendent Garry McCarthy days after standing by him, and welcomed a U.S. Justice Department investigation after initially discounting it.

Training issues are expected to be a major focus of the federal probe, which is expected to take a year. Experts have said an eventual consent decree and federal court supervision may be the best way to fix the decades-old, systemic problems with the city’s Police Department.

In the McDonald shooting, Officer Jason Van ? fired 16 times at the 17-year-old, who was carrying a small knife and refusing to obey orders from officers already on the scene. Those officers had called for a Taser, but before an officer with the weapon arrived, Van ? responded and within seconds opened fire.

Police have not said whether responding officers were equipped with a Taser during last weekend’s police shooting. Interim police Superintendent John Escalante has acknowledged that the shooting of the woman was an accident.

Though the generally less-lethal Tasers have been available in the department for years, not every officer has been trained to use them or carries them. Under Emanuel’s plan, all officers will be trained by June 2016, new Tasers will be added to the department and officers will be equipped before the start of a shift.

Emanuel's call to expand the number of Tasers comes as some African-American members of the City Council, including 9th Ward Ald. Anthony Beale and 28th Ward Ald. Jason Ervin, made similar demands Tuesday.

Emanuel’s announcement on training that emphasizes de-escalation speaks more to the broader concerns raised for years in some Chicago communities that officers are too quick to aggressively respond to people they confront.

This concern is an issue nationwide, as several police departments have found themselves facing serious criticism in the wake of police shootings and in-custody deaths.

Other departments across the country have already moved toward helping officers discern whether they can safely hold back — and even take cover — to allow a tense or escalating situation to defuse.

The Seattle Police Department, which found itself under a federal consent decree after several controversial incidents, including the fatal shooting of a man carrying a knife, developed an entire new policy on use of force. The department also devised a training procedure that focuses on teaching officers how to avoid using force if at all possible and as long as it’s safe.

So Rahm's solution to the problem is give the pigs another weapon to abuse and ? black folks with...
  • obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »

I may be wrong but I personally feel like ? the father he a ? ? for calling the police. How you live in the same city of where they just released the video of the police murdering L. McDonald and think calling the same police department is the right move. Then you call your ? neighbor to open the door for the police. But you couldn't think of calling his mother, friends or family first to try anything to calm your son down before calling your oppressor.

I just can't fathom the moves he made and respect anything he has to say about it.

He has probably called the police before with better results.
  • A Ghost
    A Ghost Members Posts: 368
    well thats not very pleasant
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • A Ghost
    someone should look into this
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    D. Morgan wrote: »

He obviously wasn't raised with street sense or awareness.

I know he is going through a tremendously rough situation at the moment but real ? he has the vocal tone, pitch, and inflexions of a woman.

What I'm about to say is gonna sound ? up but I had a good friend I grew up with that had major anger issues. I know that it came from the dude having an overly authoritative mom and a weak ass dad. His mom used to beast on his dad man their house was ? up. He hated his dad and used to treat his dad like ? .....because his dad wasn't a man. It was all bad and sad to see. I could easily picture those people in this situation.
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? whoever bumped up all these Chicago threads. I thought I was in the Donkey forum.
  • A Ghost
    ? whoever bumped up all these Chicago threads. I thought I was in the Donkey forum.

lol why is everyone so mad?